Integral Agency: still misunderstood?

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 3, 2005
      Following is a link and excerpt from Gil Yoder's list:

      > I understand there are those who would opine that
      > Eph. 5:11 applies only to the church; and since the
      > institution (i.e., private school) is not the church,
      > its message does not apply to the institution.

      > If that is the position of the institution, then let
      > them divorce themselves from the church of Christ
      > (as did ACU).

      What is with that ACU divorce.

      I thought, and properly so, that ACU went to a lot of trouble to get
      the feds to recognize ACU as an "integral agency of the church".

      As I recall, the school's history shows that there never was a
      marriage, and hence could not have been a divorce.

      Yet, ACU, and other similar schools, still enjoy their "integral
      agency of the churches of Christ" status.

      Go figure!