Dr. Bert on taxes!

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 3, 2004
      I have no special knowledge concerning Dr. Bert's tax practices. If I
      did and told, they would kill me.

      It may be that he is a tax protestor like the basketball ministers are
      tax protestors. Or, he may be like Dr. Dino, only better at operating
      under the radar.

      I have wondered about how his operations really work.

      Last I checked, I couldn't figure out how he and his fellows got paid
      for what they did for Apologetics Press. I figured they weren't
      donating their time to the organization. Maybe they are. Payments to
      Dr. Bert and others who hold those seminars didn't seem to show up on
      the 990's. Payroll seemed to be limited to other employees.

      Maybe someone else will inspect their 990's and see what they think
      about that. I think our archives here might have the information from
      one of his 990's a few years ago (off a public access website at the
      time).

      Maybe Dr. Bert and the other seminar presenters figure they are
      independent contractors and so their money for doing that isn't run
      through the business. Or it is written off under some odd expense
      category.

      One might wonder if they are taking funds out tax free as housing
      allowances??

      I always figured that Dr. Bert was rather well to do, being the son of a
      successful west Texas veterinarian. Dr. Bert's dad and mother are both
      now deceased.

      If it wasn't such a secret society down at Apologetics Press, we might
      ask.

      Then again, we might ask where Dr. Bert got his Maury statue claim. We
      know where that question will get you.