Re: Blyth, an evolutionist?

    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 3, 2004
      John Wilkins can be found at:

      > http://www.wilkins.id.au/

      He is going to be checking his sources for that comment about Blyth
      supporting Darwin's evolution.

      I figure we've either "got" Wilkins or Dr. Bert on this bit of
      historical trivia.

      Which do you think it is?

      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 3, 2004
        While we await John Wilkins to provide sources for his claim
        regarding Blyth's acceptance of Darwin's evolutionary ideas, I
        thought you might like to know about the disciplinary actions that
        take place on TalkOrigins regarding such things.

        Here's the link and comment from a TalkOrigins poster who picked up
        on my inquiry:

        http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&safe=off&threadm=5801-
        41AFC9D7-416%40storefull-3256.bay.webtv.net&rnum=3&prev=/groups%3Fq%
        3Dblyth%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26group%3Dtalk.origins%26safe%3Doff%26selm%
        3D5801-41AFC9D7-416%2540storefull-3256.bay.webtv.net%26rnum%3D3

        > Hey, c'mon John. We cracked down real hard
        > on McCoy for failing to provide citations!

        > I guess you read it in a blue-covered geology
        > book you used in fifth grade.

        That was written somewhat in jest, but, if Wilkins doesn't come
        through with his reference(s), there just might be a big blow up over
        it on TalkOrigins.

        Now, if we can just compare that to the 12 year wait for Dr. Bert to
        be about giving up his indicated unquestionable source(s) for his
        Maury statue claim. . . .

      • Tamara
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 3, 2004
          There shouldn't be any reason why someone cannot provide sources. If it's just personal belief, it's easy to say "In my opinion ...", or "I think ..."

          If one makes a statement as fact, they should be able to back it up.

          Best,
          Tamara
          While we await John Wilkins to provide sources for his claim
          regarding Blyth's acceptance of Darwin's evolutionary ideas, I
          thought you might like to know about the disciplinary actions that
          take place on TalkOrigins regarding such things.

          Here's the link and comment from a TalkOrigins poster who picked up
          on my inquiry:

          http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&safe=off&threadm=5801-
          41AFC9D7-416%40storefull-3256.bay.webtv.net&rnum=3&prev=/groups%3Fq%
          3Dblyth%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26group%3Dtalk.origins%26safe%3Doff%26selm%
          3D5801-41AFC9D7-416%2540storefull-3256.bay.webtv.net%26rnum%3D3

          > Hey, c'mon John. We cracked down real hard
          > on McCoy for failing to provide citations!

          > I guess you read it in a blue-covered geology
          > book you used in fifth grade.

          That was written somewhat in jest, but, if Wilkins doesn't come
          through with his reference(s), there just might be a big blow up over
          it on TalkOrigins.

          Now, if we can just compare that to the 12 year wait for Dr. Bert to
          be about giving up his indicated unquestionable source(s) for his
          Maury statue claim. . . .

          Support your local IRS office and ask Keith Sisman to change his vote before another night falls!

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor