Re: [Maury_and_Baty] King's position??

  • Tamara
    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 1 7:43 PM
      You need to give people time to read their email, King. Some of us only check messages once a day, some less. So you may not get a speedy response on a mailing list.

      Best,
      Tamara

      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 1 8:38 PM
        Again, did you read my response?
        King

        >> But there were scientist on the other side as well, don't leave that out.
        >> As is the case with an old vs young earth, there are well know scientist
        >> on
        >> both sides. Then to, there are many in christianity that believe in an
        >> old
        >> earth and many that believe in a young earth, as pointed out by Bert
        >> Thompson, he quotes scriptures to show that the Bible leans toward a
        >> young
        >> earth, yet Mr.Maury belittles the scripture and bad mouths Bert for the
        >> scripture he quotes as it Berth was the arthor! I mentioned John
        >> Whitcomb
        >> and his 1972 book The Early Earth, and Henry Morris and his book 1994 The
        >> Young Earth(Green Forest, AR:Master Books or his book 1989 The Long War
        >> Against God(Grand Rapids, MI:Baker) But then Mr. Maury discounts them as
        >> well as scripture, thus no point in further discussion.
        >> King
        >> PS Give me your e-mail address
        >> Thanks

      • King Davis
        Message 3 of 11 , Nov 1 8:38 PM

        • cassondrawrites@aol.com
          Message 4 of 11 , Nov 1 9:21 PM
            Dear King,

            Allow me to speak slowly.

            I am Cassondra. Me woman. Mine was the remark included at the bottom of your
            response, so it seems you may have been replying to my comment.

            However, the only one talking about Dr. Bert Thompson on this list is Robert
            Baty. Since your rants included a reference to Thonpson, I guess you think
            that we are the one and the same.

            Mr. Maury, or MatthewMaury, also on this list, is yet another person. And
            trust me, he and Robert Baty's views converge very, very seldom. Not a good
            pair to confuse either.

            As Tamara has now told you twice, we are not all waiting with bated breath to
            respond to your sparkling wit. In fact, since you rarely make sense and
            never break out of generalities, it's hard to respond directly at all. Yet
            apparently, I can't resist.

            You are the one who brought up past mistakes science has made. Ther ehave
            been a great many: flat earth, geocentrism, etc. However, it must be noted that
            these errors were all corrected by science itself, not by theology. Theology
            has its own work to accomplish.

            Again,
            Me, Cassondra