Wall End church of Christ

  • Keith Sisman
    Message 1 of 17 , Aug 29 3:16 PM
      Dear brethren,

      I recently visited the Wall End church of Christ in the Furness
      Fells of northern England... They go back to 1662, one member's
      family has been attending the congregation for sixteen generations!

      For more info and pictures visit;
      http://www.churches-of-christ.ws/Tottlebank.html

      I also have an article on the Bell Alley church of Christ;

      http://www.churches-of-christ.ws/BellAlley.html

      Both have been added to the;
      http://www.Traces-of-the-Kingdom.org web site.

      Brotherly, Keith Sisman
      http://www.Churches-of-Christ.ws
    • mathewmaury
      Message 2 of 17 , Aug 30 6:14 AM
        --- Keith Sisman wrote:
        > I recently visited the Wall End church of Christ in the
        > Furness Fells of northern England... They go back to 1662,
        > one member's family has been attending the congregation for
        > sixteen generations!
        >
        > For more info and pictures visit;
        > http://www.churches-of-christ.ws/Tottlebank.html
        >
        > I also have an article on the Bell Alley church of Christ;
        >
        > http://www.churches-of-christ.ws/BellAlley.html
        >
        > Both have been added to the;
        > http://www.Traces-of-the-Kingdom.org web site.

        Your web site is fascinating. Living historians are
        underappreciated!

        Do you have an informed opinion of Stonehenge? Was it really
        built over a period of 3000 years? Why?
      • Keith@Sisman.net
        Message 3 of 17 , Aug 30 6:31 AM
          Dear Matt,

          Stonehenge is a heathen temple, as opposed to a pagan
          temple that had a roof. Pagans (Greeks, Romans) were
          city folks, who worshipped indoors and were not
          cannibals! Sometimes their temples were on hill tops,
          but were enclosed with roof and walls.

          Heathens worshipped in outdoor temples (circles of
          stone or earth and on hill tops) the temples had no
          walls as such and no roof. They also tended to veer
          towards cannibalism! The word heathen is from 'the
          heath' that is the country rather than city.

          Interestingly the gods the pagans and heathens
          worshipped were the same, worldwide!

          Stonehenge in my opinion is a pre-Roman heathen temple
          for Sun and maybe lunar worship.

          I believe it to be built about 500BC, and continued in
          use until about 700AD, it certainly would have been
          modified during that period.

          The priests were the Druids, and the people were Celts.

          Modern evolutionary historians will disagree, but they
          are wrong and will have eternity to regret it :)

          I will over the next couple of years in great detail
          place my reasoning on the web, it will upset a lot of
          folks including Rob.

          Regards, Keith

        • cassondrawrites@aol.com
          Message 4 of 17 , Aug 30 8:43 AM
            Dear Keith,

            Some heathens have been known to practice cannibalism, but I was not
            aware that the Celts were in that group. There is some evidence of human
            sacrifice, generally of high-class, willing participants, although even that has been
            debated. It is also worth noting that while the priests came of the Druidic
            class, not all Druids were priests. The Druids were the upper class of the
            Celts and also included their rulers.

            Cassondra

          • Keith@Sisman.net
            Message 5 of 17 , Aug 30 8:55 AM
              Dear Cassondra,

              It was the Druid priests who were into eating the Celt
              working class heathen.

              Some even offered themselves to be eaten, and sometimes
              they were eaten alive with relish.

              The Anglo-Saxon word 'host' as used in the Catholic
              blood mass means human sacrifice victim!

              Horrible but true....

              An the word church is pre-Christian meaning a pagan
              temple.

              I agree there were several classes of Druid, but the
              word means Oak Priest.

              I must go as I feeling hungry and a stranger is
              standing at the door...

              Regards, Keith

              > Dear Keith,
              >
              > Some heathens have been known to practice
              > cannibalism, but I was not
              > aware that the Celts were in that group. There is
              some
              > evidence of human
              > sacrifice, generally of high-class, willing
              > participants, although even that has been
              > debated. It is also worth noting that while the
              > priests came of the Druidic
              > class, not all Druids were priests. The Druids were
              > the upper class of the
              > Celts and also included their rulers.
              >
              > Cassondra

            • scott foster
              Message 6 of 17 , Aug 30 9:32 AM
                Keith, I find your reasoning somewhat skewed with historical fact. Since the Druids and Celts (same people.different classes) erected stonehinge (and other lesser hinges) before the occupation of the British Isles by the Romans, (they are widely written about in Roman histories and documents from that portion of the empire) I seriously question your sources for the dating of the hinges. Further, as Cassandra so correctly points out, the Celts (and consequently the Druids as their preists and leaders) did not practice canibalism. They did, on occasion, practice human sacrifice to their various gods.

                As for your contention that all "heathens" which I can only assume means non-christians worshiped the same gods, you are grossly incorrect. You need only look at the countries conquered by the Romans to find an endless list of various greater and lesser Gods, practices of religious ceremonies, and varying beliefs to find the plethora of religions far older than christianity and most certainly more believeable for the time and condition.

                It would perhaps interest you to know that the Romans made Julius Ceasar a God, and called his religion after him. Their writings, which were contemporaneous with his life, (as opposed to those of the New Testement Profits and desciples whose writings were much later) also described feeding the multitudes, forgivness of the "fallen woman",
                walking on water, and other "miracles" which are copied in great detail in the writings of Saul (later Paul) who certainly had access to the earlier writings when ascribing the ssame behaviour to the man from Nazzreth called Jesus.

                scott

                cassondrawrites@... wrote:
                Dear Keith,

                Some heathens have been known to practice cannibalism, but I was not
                aware that the Celts were in that group. There is some evidence of human
                sacrifice, generally of high-class, willing participants, although even that has been
                debated. It is also worth noting that while the priests came of the Druidic
                class, not all Druids were priests. The Druids were the upper class of the
                Celts and also included their rulers.

                Cassondra

                Support your local IRS office!

                Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

                Scott Foster
                Senior Paralegal
                Foster & Etheridge Associates, Inc.
                Independent Paralegals Specializing in
                Attorney Trial Preparation, and assistance at Trial.
                Areas of Practice and Federal and State Criminal,
                Family Law, Bankruptcy, Contracts, Personal Injury,
                Wrongful Death and Automobile Crashes.
                850-936-5219 or 850-936-4848.

                Message 7 of 17 , Aug 30 9:43 AM
                  Dear Scott,

                  You write "I find your reasoning somewhat skewed with
                  historical fact".

                  I have not revealed my reasoning, I gave my opinion!

                  You wrote "I seriously question your sources for the
                  dating of the hinges."

                  I have not revealed my sources so you cannot question
                  what I have not given :)

                  "Further, as Cassandra so correctly points out, the
                  Celts (and consequently the Druids as their preists and
                  leaders) did not practice canibalism."

                  We will see...

                  "As for your contention that all "heathens" which I
                  can only assume means non-christians worshiped the
                  same gods, you are grossly incorrect. You need only
                  look at the countries conquered by the Romans to find
                  an endless list of various greater and lesser Gods,"

                  This will be dealt with on my web site.

                  "It would perhaps interest you to know that the Romans
                  made Julius Ceasar a God, and called his religion
                  after him. Their writings, which were contemporaneous
                  with his life, (as opposed to those of
                  the New Testement Profits and desciples whose writings
                  were much later) also described feeding the multitudes,
                  forgivness of the "fallen woman", > walking on water,
                  and other "miracles" which are copied in great detail
                  in the writings of Saul (later Paul) who certainly had
                  access to the earlier writings when ascribing the ssame
                  behaviour to the man from Nazzreth called Jesus."

                  I would seem you are an agnostic... To which all the
                  comments you make I am aware of and will be dealt with
                  by my web site. As I said, a lotta folk are just gonna
                  hate it :)

                  Regards, Keith
                • scott foster
                  Message 8 of 17 , Aug 30 11:22 AM
                    Keith, your assumption that I am agnostic once again proves the definition of Assume.

                    It makes an ass out of you and an agnostic of me, and I'm quite sure that both assumptions are incorrect.

                    However, when reciting "opinions" to an intelligent audience it is usual to be able to defend the opinions with some factual information. When factual information is not used, the opinion is of little or no value. So Cassandra and I shall continue to question both the information offered and dvalue the opinion. I sincerely hope that you don't mind a little "learned" disagreement and open debate when your opinions are so badly based in the history of the times.

                    I am curious, however, have you ever studied the writings and history of the era you opine about with any depth?

                    scott

                    Message 9 of 17 , Aug 30 11:31 AM
                      Dear Scott,

                      Greetings again..

                      I look forward by way of the web site to posting
                      further information and sources. At that time I will
                      make my case and not before then.

                      Regards, Keith

> [...]
                      > in the writings of Saul (later Paul) who certainly had
                      > access to the earlier writings when ascribing the
                      ssame
                      > behaviour to the man from Nazzreth called Jesus."
                      >
                      > I would seem you are an agnostic... To which all the
                      > comments you make I am aware of and will be dealt with
                      > by my web site. As I said, a lotta folk are just gonna
                      > hate it :)
                      >
                      > Regards, Keith
                      >

                      > Support your local IRS office!
                      >

                      > Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

                      > Terms of Service.
                      >

                      > Scott Foster
                      > Senior Paralegal
                      > Foster & Etheridge Associates, Inc.
                      > Independent Paralegals Specializing in
                      > Attorney Trial Preparation, and assistance at Trial.
                      > Areas of Practice and Federal and State Criminal,
                      > Family Law, Bankruptcy, Contracts, Personal Injury,

                    • scott foster
                      Message 10 of 17 , Aug 30 11:58 AM
                        oh Keith, you are such a tease. lol

                        scott

                        Keith@... wrote:
> [...]

                        > Support your local IRS office!
                        >

                        > Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

                        > Terms of Service.
                        >

                        > Scott Foster
                        > Senior Paralegal
                        > Foster & Etheridge Associates, Inc.
                        > Independent Paralegals Specializing in
                        > Attorney Trial Preparation, and assistance at Trial.
                        > Areas of Practice and Federal and State Criminal,
                        > Family Law, Bankruptcy, Contracts, Personal Injury,
                        > Wrongful Death and Automobile Crashes.
                        > 850-936-5219 or 850-936-4848.

                        Support your local IRS office!

                        Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

                        Scott Foster
                        Senior Paralegal
                        Foster & Etheridge Associates, Inc.
                        Independent Paralegals Specializing in
                        Attorney Trial Preparation, and assistance at Trial.
                        Areas of Practice and Federal and State Criminal,
                        Family Law, Bankruptcy, Contracts, Personal Injury,

                      • Tamara
                        Message 11 of 17 , Aug 30 4:28 PM
                          Keith, please share your reasoning, sources, etc with us here. I know nothing of the topic except general information, but must admit I find it fascinating. Plus, some of us are old enough that we may not live to see the years-in-the-making website. ;-)

                          Best,
                          Tamara

                          Message 12 of 17 , Aug 30 6:15 PM
                            Tamara, hush your mouth child. Speak for yourself. As for me I shall be here forever. ROFLMAO....

                            scott

                            Message 13 of 17 , Aug 30 9:35 PM
                              ROFL, Scott!

                              Best,
                              Tamara
                              Message 14 of 17 , Aug 30 10:20 PM
                                Dadgumit, Tamara, and i thought you had quit speaking to me for some reason.

                                Good to see you are still a member in good standing of the up all night gang.

                                Hope this finds you well and working on that book.

                                scott

                                Tamara <Legal_writer@...> wrote:
                                ROFL, Scott!

                                Best,
                                Tamara

                                Message 15 of 17 , Aug 31 10:04 AM
                                  No, I didn't stop speaking to you Scott! (LOL) Still in the all-night gang, book's going to be finished in about a month (thank goodness). Then I guess I'll go back to being a member of the daylighters again, hehehe.

                                  Best,
                                  Tamara

                                  Message 16 of 17 , Aug 31 10:07 AM
                                    I was hoping to get mine finished by the middle of September, but life just keeps getting in the way. Oh the stress of it all....lol.. we who write in isolation, simply cannot find enough isolation.

                                    Take care. Scott