Re: [Maury_and_Baty] Protestants losing majority status

  • cassondrawrites@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 21, 2004
      Statistics are so often useless for the purposes to which they are put.
      Perhaps one of the most frequent errors people make - even people who ought to
      know better, like journalists - is confusing correlation and cause in reading
      these statistics. I don't even know what the point of such a report is but to
      stir people up. As Scott says, the information itself is self-evident. From a
      religious point of view, it is plain that the "Protestants" are not succeeding
      in making their case, but I am sure that all religious-minded Protestants are
      already aware of that. From a national perspective, the issue is not what
      what color or what religion people practice, but rather how well they can
      function in our society and uphold the values which we have established through
      centuries of both law and bloodshed. I like the idea of America as a place to
      welcome all peoples who are willing to work hard and pursue their dreams and care
      for their families, but I am not so keen on people coming to America to
      profit from the hard work and prosperity of others while still trying to resist any
      contribution to the communities here, refusing to learn the language and
      trying to impose their culture on ours rather than adding their colors to our
      quilt.

      Cassondra