Re: [Maury_and_Baty] Worth repeating (about this list's owner)!

  • Keith@Sisman.net
    Message 1 of 60 , Jun 29, 2004
      Dear Cassondra

      My humility prevents me from telling that I am a great
      preacher. Humbleness is my second name and nature.

      Being a great person it is sometimes difficult to live
      with, but I'm slowly succeeding.

      Thank you for your post, you and other list members are
      truly lucky to be on a list that I too am on..
      Keith

      Dear Keith,

           I am glad to hear that I did *not* understand you
      correctly in thinking
      you had sued a brother in Christ.  However, I would
      beware of vaunting your
      position as a preacher overmuch as if one might assume
      that you had nothing more
      to learn from any other student of the Bible simply
      because you preach.  Even
      the great Apollus found he had much to learn...speaking
      of which, you are
      doubtless also aware that the Bible teaches that we are
      to love our enemies and
      do good unto ALL men, living in peace as much as in us
      is.  So I still wouldn't
      feel too much holy joy in making statements like "I
      LOVE litigation with
      unbelievers, rascals and atheists!"  I would rather
      love the opportunities I am
      granted to do good unto them and to show them the way
      of the Light rather than
      demonstrating that my standards are little higher than
      the litigious and
      self-serving society in which I live.

      Cassondra

      Support your local IRS office!

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      Yahoo! Groups Links

      To visit your group on the web, go
      to:http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Maury_and_Baty/%c2%a0
      to:Maury_and_Baty-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
      Terms of Service.
    • Keith@Sisman.net
      Message 60 of 60 , Jun 30, 2004
        Dear Tamara,

        Humility is great and we both share this wonderfull
        virtue, I understand fully why my great post was not
        mentioned.

        I hope Rob can learn from us so he too can humble
        himself.

        Have a great day, Keith

        No, I didn't forget to mention it, Keith.  I just
        decided not to.  *grin*

        Best,
        Tamara