Re: [Maury_and_Baty] Re: Lawyerdude

  • Tamara
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 3, 2004
      Thanks for using the word "whacked" so many times in that one paragraph. It reminds me that the Sopranos is on tomorrow night. :-)

      I am under the impression that one has to make what could be considered a legal threat against Yahoo to get them to shut down a list. Claims of libel (as is probably what occurred with the previous whacking of your list) should no longer work its previous magic due to the Ninth Circuit ruling. Then again, perhaps Yahoo is gun-shy and fears other circuits may view it differently.

      It is definitely good to see that they are picking on the likes of Palaschak. What I don't understand is why PAM's group is still operative. He even charges admission to his group, in violation of Yahoo TOS! Yet, they allow him to continue operating unmolested.

      Could Yahoo fear PAM? Has PAM threatened them with a "Verified Criminal Complaint" or some other nonsense?

      If they contacted him, you bet he did!

      Did they take him seriously, and are they afraid of him? Now, that's a scary thought.

      Best,
      Tamara