Re: Chad

    Message 1 of 16 , Apr 3, 2004
      Em, you asked regarding Chad:

      > Do I know you from another list...
      > maybe last year?

      > Your name is sure familiar.

      I think I first ran across Chad on one of Nelta Brock's list. Maybe
      that is where you have run across him also.

      Since Nelta has booted me from all of her lists, I don't know if Chad is
      still making any of the rounds there.

      Similarly, I don't know where else you might have travelled, but my
      guess is that you have seen Chad around the information superhighway.

      Maybe he's really quite a celebrity. All the more reason to appreciate
      his willingness to participate here from time to time.

    • emilyseyes795
      Message 2 of 16 , Apr 3, 2004
        Now, Robert, what on earth did you do to get on Nelta's nerves? I
        thought she liked you.
        em
        (actually none of my business and you don't have to answer...just
        making conversation) :)

        --- In Maury_and_Baty@yahoogroups.com, rlbaty@w... wrote:
        >> Since Nelta has booted me from all of her lists, I don't know if
        Chad is
        > still making any of the rounds there.
      • Chad Longley
        Message 3 of 16 , Apr 5, 2004
          Em, I am currently on Nelta's GAF list. I have also popped up from time to
          time on Todd Greene's Creationism list.

          I certainly am no celebrity Robert, I am happy to let you handle that
          department! :-)

          - Chad

          Message 4 of 16 , Apr 5, 2004
            While we wait and see if Chad comes up with something more substantive
            regarding the Pat Boone history, I ran across a couple of things from
            another list where they got into talking about Pat and his family. It
            might add a little to our recent discussion here.

            These are from scholarly types who are among the better informed amongst
            "us":

            > When I lived in Nashville from 1972-1974
            > and attended Belmont Ave CoC, Pat
            > Boone's parents (I think their names
            > were Archie and Margaret Boone)
            > were members of Belmont Ave. CoC.

            > In my files I have an article detailing blow
            > by blow the trouble of the Boones at
            > Granny White. It is written by W. A. Reed
            > and titled "Church of Christ Disfellowships
            > Pat Boone's Parents."

            > The article, based on an interview with the
            > Boones,' was published in THE
            > TENNESSEAN, Sunday, July 15, 1973.

            > Their disfellowshipping followed Pat
            > Boones's by the Inglewood CoC in CA