Re: [Maury_and_Baty] Re: Pat Boone!

  • Tamara
    Message 1 of 16 , Apr 2, 2004
      Thanks, Chad. Much appreciated.

      Best,
      Tamara
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: Chad Longley
      To: Maury_and_Baty@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Friday, April 02, 2004 5:24 PM
      Subject: Re: [Maury_and_Baty] Re: Pat Boone!

      The server that holds all of our archive indexes is currently down, so I
      can't effectively search for anything. I personally have no knowledge of
      the Pat Boone scandal, so I will look into it next week.

      Chad Longley
      chad.longley@...

    • emilyseyes795
      Message 2 of 16 , Apr 2, 2004
        Do I know you from another list...maybe last year? Your name is sure
        familiar.
        Em :)
        Message 3 of 16 , Apr 3, 2004
          Em, you asked regarding Chad:

          > Do I know you from another list...
          > maybe last year?

          > Your name is sure familiar.

          I think I first ran across Chad on one of Nelta Brock's list. Maybe
          that is where you have run across him also.

          Since Nelta has booted me from all of her lists, I don't know if Chad is
          still making any of the rounds there.

          Similarly, I don't know where else you might have travelled, but my
          guess is that you have seen Chad around the information superhighway.

          Maybe he's really quite a celebrity. All the more reason to appreciate
          his willingness to participate here from time to time.

        • emilyseyes795
          Message 4 of 16 , Apr 3, 2004
            Now, Robert, what on earth did you do to get on Nelta's nerves? I
            thought she liked you.
            em
            (actually none of my business and you don't have to answer...just
            making conversation) :)

            --- In Maury_and_Baty@yahoogroups.com, rlbaty@w... wrote:
            >> Since Nelta has booted me from all of her lists, I don't know if
            Chad is
            > still making any of the rounds there.
          • Chad Longley
            Message 5 of 16 , Apr 5, 2004
              Em, I am currently on Nelta's GAF list. I have also popped up from time to
              time on Todd Greene's Creationism list.

              I certainly am no celebrity Robert, I am happy to let you handle that
              department! :-)

              - Chad

              Message 6 of 16 , Apr 5, 2004
                While we wait and see if Chad comes up with something more substantive
                regarding the Pat Boone history, I ran across a couple of things from
                another list where they got into talking about Pat and his family. It
                might add a little to our recent discussion here.

                These are from scholarly types who are among the better informed amongst
                "us":

                > When I lived in Nashville from 1972-1974
                > and attended Belmont Ave CoC, Pat
                > Boone's parents (I think their names
                > were Archie and Margaret Boone)
                > were members of Belmont Ave. CoC.

                > In my files I have an article detailing blow
                > by blow the trouble of the Boones at
                > Granny White. It is written by W. A. Reed
                > and titled "Church of Christ Disfellowships
                > Pat Boone's Parents."

                > The article, based on an interview with the
                > Boones,' was published in THE
                > TENNESSEAN, Sunday, July 15, 1973.

                > Their disfellowshipping followed Pat
                > Boones's by the Inglewood CoC in CA