Re: Dr. Bert & the Pope!

    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 1 4:36 AM
      --- In Maury_and_Baty@yahoogroups.com, "Tamara" <Legal_writer@h...>
      wrote:

      > I did read the early messages, and I still don't know
      > why anyone made a complaint. Was there anything in
      > particular on the old list that you feel could have
      > made you a target for retaliation?

      Well, I suppose when anyone seeks to get some responsible accounting
      from Dr. Bert, he can become a target of retaliation. I am not
      familiar with YAHOO! or with those secret sorts who have long sought
      to "get me".

      There were some indications in the communications and history
      regarding Dr. Holloway that led me to believe that Dr. Bert is really
      kinda touchy when it comes to his name/title (i.e. Bert Thompson,
      Ph.D.), and that was part of the name of the first list. It is as if
      he considers "Bert Thompson, Ph.D." a trademark or some such thing,
      and he gets really ticked off when folks use it in a critical context.

      That might have been enough to get Dr. Bert and his lawyers to get
      YAHOO! to simply delete my list and never have to tell me what the
      complaint was, who it came from, or allow me to respond in any way to
      the charges against me.

      Then again, it might have been something else entirely.

      If it wasn't for the fact that Dr. Bert and his lawyers are "yellow",
      we could at least get their official, for the record, position on the
      matter. That might not eliminate them as suspects, but it would be a
      step in the right direction.

      Then again, so would getting Dr. Bert to give us the source for his
      Maury statue claim.

      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 1 4:57 AM
        I wrote, in part:

        > There were some indications in the communications and
        > history regarding Dr. Holloway that led me to believe
        > that Dr. Bert is really kinda touchy when it comes to
        > his name/title (i.e. Bert Thompson, Ph.D.). . .

        It has been awhile since I corresponded with Dr. Holloway. Someone
        else might want to make inquiry and bring us up to date on Dr.
        Holloway's interest in these matters, and his latest experience. His
        websites do solicit inquiries.

        I have a link to his site on my links page, and it links to other
        things from Dr. Holloway. Here's a couple of links and excerpts:

        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 1 5:05 AM
          wrote:

          > I don't know any lawyers who do anything pro bono unless
          > it's a friend thing. But since it's your list and not
          > mine, it wouldn't fall under that category. Sorry.

          How about I make you a moderator. Could we get some pro bono work
          out of one of your friends that way??

          Robert Baty :o)
        • Tamara
          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 1 5:28 AM
            You're kidding, right? ROFL Sounds to me like Bert has an unusual interpretation of copyright and trademark law .......

            > There were some indications in the communications and
            > history regarding Dr. Holloway that led me to believe
            > that Dr. Bert is really kinda touchy when it comes to
            > his name/title (i.e. Bert Thompson, Ph.D.). . .

            It has been awhile since I corresponded with Dr. Holloway. Someone
            else might want to make inquiry and bring us up to date on Dr.
            Holloway's interest in these matters, and his latest experience. His
            websites do solicit inquiries.

            I have a link to his site on my links page, and it links to other
            things from Dr. Holloway. Here's a couple of links and excerpts:

            > http://www.ntanet.net/Thermo-Internet.htm

            > http://www.ntanet.net/footprints.htm

            > I was not able to quote Thompson's letter here, because
            > Thompson stated that his letter to me was protected by
            > copyright law and said that I would have to get permission
            > before quoting him. It is unfortunate that he does not
            > want a full and open discussion of this issue and I find
            > it remarkable that for someone who is devoted to truth,
            > that he does not allow me to quote his letter, but I can
            > work around that problem. Thompson even claimed that I
            > could not refer to his letter in a public way, but when I
            > asked him for a specific reference in the federal copyright
            > law to support this claim, he did not reply. I suspect that
            > the copyright law only prohibits quoting private mail without
            > permission and does not go as far as prohibiting references
            > to private mail.

            > Thompson claimed that his name and Apologetics Press were
            > trademarked terms.

            Support your local IRS office!

          • Tamara
            Message 5 of 10 , Mar 1 5:32 AM
              LOL, don't think so. Good try, though. :-)

              Best,
              Tamara