Charles Weston - You know about this?

    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 8, 2014

      Matt Dillahunty has posted these videos from his appearance at the Shenandoah church of Christ in San Antonio a few weeks ago:

      https://www.youtube.com/user/irkerux333

    • Charles Weston
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 30, 2014
        I haven't looked at the video, but is this some guy debating an atheist?

        Charles W.

        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 30, 2014
          Yeah, Matt Dillahunty at one of your Churches of Christ down there.

          I just listened to a little bit of it; thought you might be interested and may have heard some feedback from your side of things.

          To: Maury_and_Baty@yahoogroups.com

          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 30, 2014
            Yes I posted about it on Feb 25:

            By the way, Robert, recently the Shenandoah church here held a debate with an atheist.  Our preacher mentioned it, but for some reason he didn't specifically invite Janet and me to go.  One of my friends who is enrolled in preacher training at Sunset in Lubbock, did invite me to go along.  I told him that such debates are a waste of time--no one's mind get changed and that if we have prove the existence of God then we don't have faith; I'm not sure if he got the point.  I made a similar remark to Janet in the pew after services that evening, loud enough for the elder and his wife who sit behind us to hear.  I haven't been disfellowshipped yet!  That particular elder has talked about finding trilobites all over the place in Idaho I think it was where he grew up.  In conversation with a former elder, I told him I believed all parts of the earth have been covered with water, just not all at the same time.  And I've emailed our preacher, who is actually a friend, and told him the way God really made things happen is way more awesome than the Genesis story, which might have something to do with why I didn't get the personal invite to Shenandoah.  :>)

            Also, I've just about finished reading "The Rocks Don't Lie,"  and I recommend it.  It explores what geologists have figured out, how their thinking evolved, and how the modern Creationist movement got going.  I still don't understand why the COC wants to be in bed with demonstrable liars.  Anyway, I told Janet I might buy a copy and sneak it into the church library.

             Impressed I found it so quick?  Mac Mail!  Much better than Yahoo site!
            I need to get on Janet's computer since it's faster for Youtube than my old Powerbook and take a look at the video.

            Last Sunday's sermon at our church was about how the kids fall away.  Some blame was placed on dads for not walking the walk all the time.  But think about all the PK's we've known who have left.  Not a word about all the stories that get pushed as literally true, or  trying to hold the kids interest in church while doing the same things the same way week after week as we have been for the last however many years.

            Charles W.

            To: Maury_and_Baty@yahoogroups.com

            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 30, 2014
              Bummer!

              Thanks for the reminder!

              They say the memory is the first to go!

              I do notice it is going!

              To: Maury_and_Baty@yahoogroups.com

              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 30, 2014
                Yeah, that might qualify for one of the rare deletions to this list! :o)

                Robert

                To: Maury_and_Baty@yahoogroups.com
                From: sanantonioriverman@...
                Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2014 22:55:39 -0500

                (snip, snip)

                Charles W.

                p.s. I might go in later and delete this post from the group.

              • Charles Weston
                Message 7 of 8 , Apr 30, 2014
                  Yes, thanks, I'd appreciate if you would do that!

                  Charles

                  To: Maury_and_Baty@yahoogroups.com
                  From: sanantonioriverman@...
                  Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2014 22:55:39 -0500