[CSHF] Ararat: plucked from the swirling flow

  • Creation Science Hall of Fame
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 22, 2014
      Creation Science Hall of Fame has posted a new item,

      'Ararat: plucked from the swirling flow',

      in 'Hermeneutics', on March 22, 2014 at 8:03 pm:

      Recently I sought to pick the brains of ‘somebody in the know’ concerning
      the Flood, but I won’t say ‘who’. The person gave a really good response
      to my question but then added something else that I had to seriously consider.
      [I love picking brains because ideas are tossed around that would normally not
      be given a second thought!] The on-going debate is ‘Did the Ark have a skeg on
      one end, and a large sail-like projection on the opposite end?’

      This post carries these tags: Bible, creation, Global Flood, physics

      You may view the latest post at
      http://creationsciencehalloffame.org/2014/03/22/bible-2/hermeneutics/ararat-plucked-swirling-flow/

      You received this e-mail because you asked to be notified when new updates are
      posted. (If you registered as a user, these updates came with your
      registration.) If you no longer wish to receive these notices, go to:

      http://creationsciencehalloffame.org/contact/

      and follow the instructions on that page. If you are a registered user and are
      logged in, you will see a link to your user profile, where you may elect to
      receive notices for all categories, a limited selection of them, or none of
      them, as you wish. If you have forgotten your user password, you can follow the
      link to reset your password when you try to log in. (Or you can reply to this
      message with a request to cancel your registration.)

      Best regards,
      Creation Science Hall of Fame
      terry@...

    • Charles Weston

        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 24, 2014
          Pam Elder does't know what she's talking about. The skeg and sail were for the purpose of keeping the Ark from rolling over. They would add stability in any sea conditions.

          Mr. Buck
        • Ray Ausban
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 24, 2014
            Did I miss something in my reading of Genesis? I recall the ark being  built more like a submarine, all sealed up most of the time. Is there an implication of skeg or sail in the text?

            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 24, 2014
              No, the text just indicates that God designed the Ark. Assuming God knew what he was doing, he would probably have included these two stabilizing features.

              Mr. Buck