PZ Myers & His Minions - More Hypocrisy!

    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 17, 2014
      ---

      PZ Myers & His Minions
      More Hypocrisy

      http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/2014/03/13/hovind-replies/comment-page-1/#comment-766590

      - From: Roman Folk (aka anonymous whiner)
      - Date: Monday, March 17, 2014
      - Time: 10:39 AM (UTC-5)
      -
      - Mr Baty got himself banned in the

      - forums at Democratic Underground

      - http://www.democraticunderground.com/123011458#post12
      -
      - Post #22 by Katashi Ito
      -
      -- Just passing through, saw the post
      -- about RLbaty banned elsewhere…
      -- he seems to be a died-in-the-wool
      -- Narcissist.
      --
      -- Just my personal observation.-- Kudos for banning him.

      -- Although I’d make it permanent,

      -- that type never changes.

      Some might want to check out the rest of the story about my sojourn on the Democratic Underground venue.

      It looks great in my resume; not so much for the Democratic Underground whiners who flunked a simple critical thinking exercise.

      I've been banned from a lot of venues, but not for the reasons popularly promoted by my adversaries.

      The Democratic Underground couldn't handle it.
      The James Randi Educational Foundation couldn't handle it.
      PZ Myers couldn't handle it.
      Vic Stenger couldn't handle it.
      Kent Hovind couldn't handle it.
      Sam Harris couldn't handle it.
      Richard Dawkins couldn't handle it.
      Etc.
      Etc.
      Etc.

      For now, I feel quite at home in the RationalWiki group.
      Maybe it will last.
      Maybe not.

    • piasanaol
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 17, 2014
        From: Robert Baty
        I've been banned from a lot of venues, but not for the reasons popularly promoted by my adversaries.

        The Democratic Underground couldn't handle it.
        The James Randi Educational Foundation couldn't handle it.
        PZ Myers couldn't handle it.
        Vic Stenger couldn't handle it.
        Kent Hovind couldn't handle it.
        Sam Harris couldn't handle it.
        Richard Dawkins couldn't handle it.
        Etc.
        Etc.
        Etc.

        For now, I feel quite at home in the RationalWiki group.
        Maybe it will last.
        Maybe not.

        Pi:
        My prediction is not.  It does go with the trend.

        If one has been banned from so many groups on both sides of the issue, and (normally) after a brief time, it may be necessary to consider that there is just the slightest possibility the problem is not with ALL of them.

        In my years on the internet, I've been banned from exactly ONE group.... OriginsTalk on Yahoogroups.  That banning was such a blatant misuse power and abuse of group rules that every active evolutionist on the group quit in protest.  It nearly killed the group and shows up in the group activity as a huge drop in activity for most of 2005.

        Some time after that, The list went to a 100% moderated group and all messages are now reviewed by list ownership before they are posted.

        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 17, 2014
          Pi,

          I certainly understand your speculation about some fault lying at my door step, but I don't think that is it.

          As I have noted in recent conversations around, theists and atheists have certain things in common.  In my opinion, one of them is to play the hypocrite when I mirror their behavior as part of my on-line style.  Theists and atheists alike, in my opinion, like to draft commendable rules that they use hypocritically to deal with folks like me.

          So, I propose, it is "ALL OF THEM".

          There may be a rare exception found, but I don't think anyone is really interested in that case study.

          I think I may survive the RationalWiki group.

          I don't really have that much to say there, and I got my bluff in early by endearing myself to the management.

          Maybe it will hold.
          Maybe not.

          To: Maury_and_Baty@yahoogroups.com
          From: PIASAN@...