Duck Dynasty Article

    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 21, 2013
    • Ray Ausban
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 22, 2013
        My sister in AL is a C of C member. Recently, she was telling me about a problem with the preacher. About 80% of the congregation can't stand him, and many individuals have come forth to the Elders to express their opinion. As it turns out the head Elder is related to the Preacher in an in-law situation and will not agreed to dismiss the preacher. This head Elder is also a major money donor.

        Does the C of C not have some sort of code of ethics about hiring and relieving preachers?

          I think as a practicial matter it is somewhat of a free for all.

          Nepotism and money, in my opinion, do have a lot to do with how decisions are made.

          To: Maury_and_Baty@yahoogroups.com
          From: rayausban@...
          Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2013 09:09:39 -0800
          Subject: Re: [M & B] Duck Dynasty Article

            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 22, 2013
              Ray,

              That's an interesting story.

              Maybe it will hit the news one of these days if there is a big enough fuss and maybe some unintended consequences of the politics at play.

              Look what Steve Furtick has gotten himself into at the Elevation Church over him secretly buying property and building a big, big, big house.  That story is still developing.

              To: Maury_and_Baty@yahoogroups.com
              From: rayausban@...
              Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2013 09:25:03 -0800

              To: Maury_and_Baty@yahoogroups.com From: rayausban@... Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2013 09:09:39 -0800 Subject: Re: [M & B] Duck Dynasty Article