Steven Furtick/Elevation Church v. Robert Baty

    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 1, 2013
      Subject: IRC 107 Housing Exclusion

      See discussion on following FaceBook thread:

      https://www.facebook.com/billy.ford.5030/posts/10202989208632816

      Sponsored by Billy Ford

    • HumanCarol
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 2, 2013

        See discussion on following FaceBook thread:

        https://www.facebook.com/billy.ford.5030/posts/10202989208632816

        Sponsored by Billy Ford>>

        "content currently unavailable"
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 2, 2013
          James Duncan, Ph.D. is a tenured professor of communications at Anderson University.  He has quite a colorful history as far as his dealings with mega-church preachers.

          He has posted a number of recent articles dealing with Steven Furtick which I recently ran across when Furtick showed up on my radar screen.

          Here's a link to one of Duncan's articles with, more importantly, readers' comments following; including a number of my own:

          http://www.pajamapages.com/how-steven-furtick-turns-mediocre-books-into-mansions/comment-page-1/#comment-9089

          Carol,

          Maybe the Duncan article and related articles will suffice for Billy's page apparently not being available outside FaceBook or without having become a "friend" of Billy.

          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 2, 2013
            Here's a link to the county records on the property:

            http://gis-web.co.union.nc.us/tax/Property.aspx?PIN=06153015

            To: maury_and_baty@yahoogroups.com

            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 2, 2013

              > Subject: IRC 107 Housing Exclusion

              > See discussion on following FaceBook thread:

              > https://www.facebook.com/billy.ford.5030/posts/10202989208632816

              > Sponsored by Billy Ford>>

              > "content currently unavailable"

              Robert,

              This link doesn't work for me, either.  Not close enough kin, I guess.

              Rick

              Message 6 of 8 , Nov 2, 2013
                Have I told y'all I don't really like FaceBook all that much.

                Billy "friended" me and so I guess I get to see what's on his page while others don't.

                Google Furtick and you will probably find more than you care to read.

                I have posted such as caught my attention and may post more as the story develops.

                Rumor has it that Forbes may be running an article on the Furtick story.  From what I have seen at Forbes, Furtick has yet to be introduced to its audience.  Let's watch and see if Forbes covers it and how Forbes might frame up the issues and cover them.

                To: Maury_and_Baty@yahoogroups.com
                From: w_w_c_l@...
                Date: Sat, 2 Nov 2013 14:11:12 -0700
                Subject: [M & B] RE: RE: Steven Furtick/Elevation Church v. Robert Baty

                Message 7 of 8 , Nov 2, 2013

                   Robert wrote in part:

                  > Google Furtick and you will probably find more than you care to read.

                  The link you gave to Duncan's "pajama pages" seems a good enough place to start:

                  http://www.pajamapages.com/in-which-i-argue-that-perry-noble-and-steven-furtick-are-not-overpaid/

                  The related stories provide a lot of first-hand insight, much of it from the author's personal experience.  More than I can easily digest -- yeah, it's another bunch of crooks, apparently, but Duncan seems qualified to handle the reporting.  In a way it's heartening to know these guys are raking in that kind of money while Ken Ham is bowing and scraping to get his Ark funded.  Even the million or so for Eric Hovind's supposed movie venture is small potatoes next to the New Spring and Elevation corporate ecclesiasticism.

                  To: Maury_and_Baty@yahoogroups.com
                  From: w_w_c_l@...
                  Date: Sat, 2 Nov 2013 14:11:12 -0700

                  Message 8 of 8 , Nov 2, 2013
                    Rick,

                    While I am not in Duncan's class by a long shot, his dealings with certain mega-church executives and members reminded me a bit of what Jerry D. McDonald was up to in getting involved in my local church.

                    To: Maury_and_Baty@yahoogroups.com
                    From: w_w_c_l@...
                    Date: Sat, 2 Nov 2013 17:24:38 -0700

                    To: Maury_and_Baty@yahoogroups.com