Eric Hovind's Latest Fundraiser!

    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 17, 2013

      http://genesismovie.com/genesismovie/donate/

      GENESIS
      in
      3-D

      Donor E-mails

      Do you want to donate to support Genesis 3D? Place your e-mail in the box below!

      Genesis 3D is appreciative of the tremendous response Christians around the world are having to Genesis 3D.

      On September 19th through October 31st, Genesis 3D will be launching an IndieGoGo Crowdfunding Campaign to receive donations to complete the film and get it into movie theaters.

      We ask that all potential donors and supporters wait until the campaign launches to donate to the film, and until then, feel free to place your e-mail below so that we can contact you and remind on the day of launch to come and contribute to the project.

      *
      email box:
      submit

      ---------------------------
      ---------------------------
      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 17, 2013
        Is Ken Ham going to play God?

        It doesn't say on the Facebook page:
        https://www.facebook.com/TheGenesisMovie

        I don't think Cecil B. DeMille had to solicit contributions in order
        to film "The Ten Commandments," and he had Charlton Heston and Yul
        Brynner on the payroll. Now *there* was a movie!

        Rick

        Message 3 of 11 , Sep 18, 2013
          --- In Maury_and_Baty@yahoogroups.com, "w_w_c_l" <w_w_c_l@...> wrote:

          > Is Ken Ham going to play God?
          >
          > It doesn't say on the Facebook page:
          > https://www.facebook.com/TheGenesisMovie
          >
          > I don't think Cecil B. DeMille had to solicit contributions in order
          > to film "The Ten Commandments," and he had Charlton Heston and Yul
          > Brynner on the payroll. Now *there* was a movie!
          >

          > Rick

          Well, the Facebook page for the Genesis Movie isn't going to
          put up with any dissenting opinions, apparently. When I first
          viewed it, there were a couple of comments by Tyler Francke
          expressing his concern over a statement by Ken Ham in the movie trailer to the effect that the truth of the gospel rested on
          the truth of [Ken Ham's interpretation of] Genesis.

          I made a couple of comments in agreement with Tyler, and he made
          a comment back to me. Now all of his comments are gone -- there
          is one of mine left, orphaned, farther down the page. It's small
          and rather innocuous, but I expect it will soon be purged as well.

          At any rate, what I said in the comment that was erased was that

          > "The spiritual truths of creation and the fall and the promise of
          > redemption are not contingent on the Earth having been created in
          > 6 24-hour days 6,000 years ago. And even if they were, that would
          > still not excuse CT/AiG's "science.""

          The one that is still there says:

          > "Amen to that, Tyler! Not only should we not support Ken Ham's
          > view that the veracity of the entire Bible rests on *his
          > interpretation* of Genesis, we should actively oppose it."

          Just for the record.

          Rick Hartzog
          Worldwide Church of Latitudinarianism

          --------------------------------------

          > --- In Maury_and_Baty@yahoogroups.com, Robert Baty <rlbaty@> wrote:
          > >

          > > http://genesismovie.com/genesismovie/donate/
          > >
          > > GENESIS
          > > in
          > > 3-D
          > >

          > > Donor E-mails
          > >

          > > Reminder Available; Place e-mail below to be notified on September 19th to donate
          > >
          > > *
          > >
          > > Do
          > > you want to donate to support Genesis 3D? Place your e-mail in the box
          > > below!
          > >
          > > Genesis 3D is appreciative of the tremendous response Christians
          > > around the world are having to Genesis 3D.
          > >
          > > On September 19th through
          > > October 31st, Genesis 3D will be launching an IndieGoGo Crowdfunding
          > > Campaign to receive donations to complete the film and get it into movie
          > > theaters.
          > >
          > > We ask that all potential donors and supporters wait until
          > > the campaign launches to donate to the film, and until then, feel free
          > > to place your e-mail below so that we can contact you and remind on the
          > > day of launch to come and contribute to the project.
          > >
          > > *
          > > email box:
          > > submit
          > >
          > > ---------------------------
          > > ---------------------------

        • piasanaol
          Message 4 of 11 , Sep 18, 2013
            It's hardly surprising Eric would censor the Facebook activity.  At one point, he had an active blog with a lot of give and take.  Of course Eric (and later Sye) were doing a lot more taking than giving.  That was several years ago.  I don't think I'll ever forget the time the "moderator" of the blog said Dr. Dino was aiming it's science at a fourth grade level.

            Eric's Creation Today is a shadow of the former Dr. Dino.  I do have to wonder how Kent is handling the bonding between Eric and Ken Ham.  There was a lot of .... ummmm..... friction .... between AIG and the elder Hovind.

            BTW, Eric has actually gained 10 more suckers .... er .... supporters .... his count is now 742.

            Message 5 of 11 , Sep 18, 2013
              Pi, you wrote, in part:

              - "I do have to wonder how Kent is handling the
              - bonding between Eric and Ken Ham.  There
              - was a lot of .... ummmm..... friction .... between
              - AIG and the elder Hovind."

              I would think it a lot more likely that the Hovind family and Ken Ham could figure out way to get along; especially with Paul Taylor from AiG helping Eric keep up appearances.

              I wonder more about what Kent thinks about Eric aligning himself with the Presbyterian Bruggencate.

              Message 6 of 11 , Sep 18, 2013
                Rick wrote, in part:

                - "...there were a couple of comments by Tyler Francke
                - expressing his concern over a statement by Ken Ham

                - in the movie trailer to the effect that the truth of the

                - gospel rested on  the truth of [Ken Ham's interpretation

                - of] Genesis."

                I like that necessary, parenthetical qualification!

                Message 7 of 11 , Sep 18, 2013
                  Well, we've seen it before so we know exactly what Ken Ham's
                  position is regarding those who reject a literal interpretation
                  of Genesis.

                  Turns out this Tyler Francke fellow has had a few rounds with
                  AiG before:

                  http://tylerjfrancke.com/2013/06/21/young-earth-creationists-response-to-my-pro-evolution-blog/

                  And now he has an article about the upcoming blockbuster:

                  http://www.godofevolution.com/creation-today-and-answers-in-genesis-get-the-gospel-wrong-in-three-dimensions/

                  Guess maybe I just fell in with the wrong crowd... um, not.

                  Message 8 of 11 , Sep 18, 2013
                    Rick,

                    Tyler Francke has a presence on FaceBook.

                    I sent one of his FaceBook pages a reference to my specialty FaceBook page featuring the Hovind criminal and tax cases.

                    He "liked" it!

                    Thanks for the references.

                    To: Maury_and_Baty@yahoogroups.com
                    From: w_w_c_l@...
                    Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2013 02:09:56 +0000
                    Subject: [M & B] Re: Eric Hovind's Latest Fundraiser!

                    Message 9 of 11 , Sep 18, 2013
                      Robert,

                      You noted earlier:

                      > > Rick wrote, in part:
                      > >
                      > > - "...there were a couple of comments by Tyler Francke
                      > > - expressing his concern over a statement by Ken Ham
                      > > - in the movie trailer to the effect that the truth of the
                      > > - gospel rested on the truth of [Ken Ham's interpretation
                      > > - of] Genesis."
                      >
                      > I like that necessary, parenthetical qualification!

                      Looks like Tyler has also made good use of that parenthetical
                      qualification:

                      http://www.godofevolution.com/thoughts-on-ken-ham-biblical-inerrancy-and-batman/

                      This guy's a pretty good writer.

                      Message 10 of 11 , Sep 19, 2013
                        Rick,

                        In addition to "liking" my Hovind FaceBook page, Tyler has now added some complimentary comments regarding it.

                        I told him how I came to visit his sites and he said he remembers you.

                        So, "hello" from Tyler.

                        To: maury_and_baty@yahoogroups.com

                        From: w_w_c_l@...
                        Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2013 02:09:56 +0000

                        Well, we've seen it before so we know exactly what Ken Ham's
                        position is regarding those who reject a literal interpretation
                        of Genesis.

                        Turns out this Tyler Francke fellow has had a few rounds with
                        AiG before:

                        http://tylerjfrancke.com/2013/06/21/young-earth-creationists-response-to-my-pro-evolution-blog/

                        And now he has an article about the upcoming blockbuster:

                        http://www.godofevolution.com/creation-today-and-answers-in-genesis-get-the-gospel-wrong-in-three-dimensions/

                        Guess maybe I just fell in with the wrong crowd... um, not.

                        Rick

                        --- In Maury_and_Baty@yahoogroups.com, Robert Baty <rlbaty@...> wrote:

                        > Rick wrote, in part:
                        >
                        > - "...there were a couple of comments by Tyler Francke
                        > - expressing his concern over a statement by Ken Ham
                        >
                        > - in the movie trailer to the effect that the truth of the
                        >
                        > - gospel rested on the truth of [Ken Ham's interpretation
                        >
                        > - of] Genesis."
                        >

                        > I like that necessary, parenthetical qualification!
                        >
                        > Sincerely,
                        > Robert Baty

                      • Corey S
                        Message 11 of 11 , Sep 27, 2013
                          Either Eric Hovind is liar and keeping their totals up to date. He has said they have past $100,000 mark but the calculations as of 5:30 pm EST today is just over $78,000.