Duck Dynasty and the Churches of Christ...on Forbes Again!

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 17, 2013
      See:

      http://www.forbes.com/sites/robertwood/2013/08/17/duck-dynasty-tax-tips/

      (I added the following comment to the readers' comments feedback section of the article above. - RLBaty)

      Speaking of all those IRS scandals and things "Duck".

      The cast members are reputed to be members of the "Churches of Christ"; their local church being, I think I read somewhere, the White's Ferry Road Church of Christ.

      The "scandal" yet to find its way into the mainstream of reporting is how back during those Nixon years George H.W. Bush and Omar Burleson thumped some heads at the highest level of the IRS in order to help out some "Church of Christ" folk who had got caught with their hand in the cookie jar of taxes.

      That little gimmick that the IRS executives doled out to George and Omar and their "Church of Christ" constituents has now been exploited for more than 40 years without much of hitch.

      The gimmick allows folks working for businesses run by "Church of Christ" folks, and others similarly situated and operated by church goin' folk, to register as ministers and claim their income is tax free as long as it is spent on housing.

      The FFRF is challenging the law underpinning that administrative hand-out and if the case goes to trial maybe that Bush/Burleson/Duck deal will make a neat case study for the Court to consider. I think it is referenced in paragraph #38 of the FFRF Complaint.