Fw: [OneheartinChrist] Macroevolution or microevolution?

  • Charles Weston
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 19, 2013

      ----- Forwarded Message -----
      From: Marion Fox <mrfox@...>
      To: One Heart <oneheartinchrist@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Thursday, July 18, 2013 5:22 PM
      Subject: [OneheartinChrist] Macroevolution or microevolution?

      Atheists (and those misled by them) often confuse microevolution with macroevolution. Microevolution does occur, selective breeding of animals proves this to be true. However we do not see a cat changed into a dog (macroevolution) or an amoeba into a man (macroevolution). Go to the following link where they have confused these two:

      http://news.yahoo.com/darwin-dark-knight-scientist-risked-execution-fox-study-201633622.html

      Any comments?

      Yours in His service,

      Marion R. Fox

      Five F Publishing Company: http://www.fivefpublishing.com

      Oklahoma City School of Biblical Studies: http://www.okcsbs.com

      Blog: http://okcsbs.com/blog/

      One Heart Journal: http://www.okcsbs.com/oneheart.html

      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 19, 2013
        Charles Weston <sanantonioriverman@...> wrote:

> [...]

        They say macroevolution is simply microevolution over a longer period of time.

        Marion only allows 6,000 or so years of time so he is left with only microevolution.

        Others allow for a longer period of time and so the microevolution becomes macroevolution.

        That seems to me to be the simple explanation of the problem. It's not really evolution (macro or micro), it's the time element that is the problem.

      • Corey S
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 19, 2013
          I agree with Robert's comment that the difference is time.

          Micro refers to smaller evolutionary changes within a species or population, macro occurs at or above the level of species.

          The real confusion comes from creationists who claim that evolution states that cats evolved into dogs (or vice versa).

          Cats and dogs have a common ancestor similar to humans, gorillas and chimpanzees have a common ancestor and so forth.

          Corey Schlueter
        • Charles Weston
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 19, 2013
            My understanding as well.  I sent a reply along those lines.

            Charles W.

            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 19, 2013
              Charles Weston wrote in response to Corey:

              > My understanding as well.
              > I sent a reply along those lines.

              Last I checked Marion had not posted any responses to his request for responses.