Re: [M & B] [CSHF] Global flood astronomical fix revised

  • Ray Ausban
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 30, 2013
      What, he doesn't believe in Bible chronology?

      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 1, 2013
        From: Ray
        What, he doesn't believe in Bible chronology?

        Pi:
        He doesn't seem to believe in himself either.  The new "fix" is based on only two comets.  Just a few weeks ago, Brown was saying such a fix was unreliable.  Further, one of the two (Halley's) has a perigee much too close to the sun for Earth to have been its point of origin.  If Earth were the point of origin, the comet's perigee would be near Earth's orbit.  Instead, it's inside the orbit of Venus.  Some kind of major disturbance to the comet's orbit would need to have taken place.  The timing and amount of that orbital change would be critical to Brown's calculation as it would change not only the path, but the period of the orbit as well.

        In other words, it's a classic case of GIGO.

      • Ray Ausban

          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 2, 2013
            Ray Ausban <rayausban@...> wrote:

            > GIGO ?

            Garbage In, Garbage Out!

            ---------------------------
          • Ray Ausban
            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 5, 2013
              New topic on this reply.
              Atheist symbols? Are they turning into a non-religion religion?

              --- In mailto:Maury_and_Baty%40yahoogroups.com,
              Ray Ausban <rayausban@...> wrote:

              > GIGO ?

              Garbage In, Garbage Out!

              ---------------------------

              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 5, 2013
                Ray Ausban <rayausban@...> wrote:

                > http://p.nytimes.com/email/re?location=InCMR7g4BCKC2wiZPkcVUh/bKrNB//Fk&user_id=cea50d4f58b25cd1036238002428261f&email_type=eta&task_id=1373050691187733%c2%aei_id=0
                >
                > New topic on this reply.
                >
                > Atheist symbols?
                > Are they turning into a non-religion religion?

                As I noted earlier and in various venues, the Obama Justice Department filed a motion last week and a brief in support thereo in the case where the FFRF is challenging IRC 107.

                In that brief, the Justice Department has argued that the Government just may be ready to recognize atheism as a religion, atheist organizations as churches and atheists as "ministers" so that they can have tax free income just like other "ministers".

                I am hoping the Court doesn't fall for it and that the FFRF will adequately rebut the effort when it files its response and counter-motion.

              • Ray Ausban
                Message 7 of 8 , Jul 6, 2013
                  Thanks for clarifying