Re: Why Dustin Segers Ran!

    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 26, 2013
      ---

      More on the Dustin Segers affair!

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuO0me-pCwc&lc=OcVS5tI4IwdI5FAaV3N7qe181D-sOXplZkG5Z6N1tNU (venue)

      https://www.facebook.com/dustin.segers1 (Dustin)

      (1) A reminder

      From: Robert Baty
      Date: Tuesday, June 25, 2013
      Time: About 9:00 PM MT

      After seeing Dustin Segers on Michael W. Jones Internet
      TV show Sunday, I tried to get Dustin to affirm his buddy
      Sye Ten Bruggencate's claim that "the proof God exists is
      that without Him you could not know anything".

      Dustin would not come out to me to negotiate how we might
      produce a discussion of the merits, or lack thereof, of
      that presuppositional claim.

      I have preserved some of that history in various venues. Here's one:

      h t t p s :// w ww . facebook .com/ Bruggencate v Baty

      (2) Dustin returns and pops off with:

      From: Dustin Segers
      Date: Wednesday, June 26, 2013
      Time: About 6:20 PM MT

      There you go stalking again sir.

      (3) My response to Dustin's pop-off:

      From: Robert Baty
      Date: Wednesday, June 26, 2013
      Time: About 6:35 PM MT

      Meanwhile, I wait to see if Dustin Segers will explicitly
      affirm or deny his buddy Sye Ten Bruggencate's claim that:

      - "the proof God exists is that without Him you could NOT
      - know anything,
      - prove anything, or
      - expect the sun to rise."
      -
      -- Sye: Affirm
      -- Robert: Deny
      -- Dustin: ????

      If Dustin wants to affirm that as Sye does, and is willing
      to come out and come clean, we can negotiate the logistical
      details necessary to produce a productive exchange on that
      matter.

      (4) Dustin comes back again with:

      From: Dustin Segers
      Date: Wednesday, June 26, 2013
      Time: About 6:40 PM MT

      Robert,

      Why are you asking me this when your beef is with Sye?

      (5) I my response to Dustin:

      From: Robert Baty
      Date: Wednesday, June 26, 2013
      Time: About 6:45 PM MT

      Dustin, you are a public face for Presuppositionalism and are associated with Sye Ten Bruggencate.

      It's quite reasonable to ask for an explicit statement from you regarding whether you actually endorse his "proof God exists" claim.

      What sayeth ye, Dustin Segers:

      - "the proof God exists is that without Him you could NOT
      - know anything,
      - prove anything, or
      - expect the sun to rise."
      -
      -- Sye: Affirm
      -- Robert: Deny
      -- Dustin: ????

      (6) Dustin can't shut up and adds:

      From: Dustin Segers
      Date: Wednesday, June 26, 2013
      Time: About 6:47 PM MT

      You have stalked me on Facebook, stalked me on
      Justin Edwards' YouTube page, and now here.

      Here's my answer:

      I will not have a debate with you as I don't entertain
      stalkers.

      You are welcome to continue to misrepresent my rejection
      of a debate with you as cowardice on my part; but my debate
      record proves the opposite.

      I have debated publicly, on the radio, on webcasts, and
      on vodcasts.

      I have no fear of man, but I refuse to entertain stalkers.

      (7) And my response to that:

      From: Robert Baty
      Date: Wednesday, June 26, 2013
      Time: About 6:50 PM MT

      Dustin,

      Everyone can draw their own conclusions as to why, in my
      opinion, you will not explicitly address your disagreement
      with Sye Ten Bruggencate regarding that "proof God exists"
      claim.

      - "The proof God exists is that without Him you could NOT
      - know anything,
      - prove anything, or
      - expect the sun to rise."
      -
      -- Sye: Affirm
      -- Robert: Deny
      -- Dustin: ????

      When you get ready to put up, Dustin, let me know and we
      can work on the details to discuss your problems further.

      --------------------------
      --------------------------
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 26, 2013
        ---

        On the New Covenant Group video page, Dustin has been chattering about at the same time he tried to further challenge me on the EPIC page:

        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fB44ZwTL198

        - From: Dustin Segers
        - Reply to: William
        - Date: Wednesday, June 26, 2013
        - Time: About 6:30 PM MT
        -
        - If God exists,
        - logic is consistent with
        - his mind since logic is a
        - description of a way God
        - thinks.

        Notice how that is a further indication, along with his current side-kick Sean Boatman's similar statement on the issue, that Dustin does not agree with Sye Ten Bruggencate's claim that:

        - "the proof God exists is
        - that without Him there
        - would be no logic."

        I certainly don't want to misrepresent any wannabe Presuppositionalist and so it is important that Dustin and Sean be explicit in either endorsing or denying the claim from Sye upon which Sye is building his career.

        I've been asking, but they have been rather conspicuous in refusing to "give an answer".