Sean Boatman Follows Up on the NCG FaceBook Page!

    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 25 8:41 PM
      (I am not allowed to post there. - RLBaty)

      https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-New-Covenant-Group/161609113860840 (venue)

      (1)

      From: Sean Boatman
      Date: Tuesday, June 25, 2013
      Time: About 9:00 AM MT

      (excerpts)

      Hi Olav,

      Conversion does not happens as a result
      of an argument per se, its always the result
      of the Holy Spirit moving men to repentance.

      The MEANS the Holy Spirit uses to accomplish
      that is through the preaching of the Gospel.

      We are saying

      God - therefore reasoning.

      (T)he point is that God has revealed himself
      to everyone such that we are certain of it.

      He has revealed himself innately, through that
      which can be observed and through our consciences.

      Our ability to examine issues concerning God is
      proof of his existence.

      God uses our reasoning, senses, memory and logic
      to draw us too him.

      Indeed, he is the one making all of those things
      possible in the first place.

      -----------------------------
      -----------------------------
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 25 9:05 PM
        ---

        Did you notice the different way Sean is trying to push his position when compared to Sye Ten Bruggencate.

        It makes me all the more wonder just how much Sean and Dustin and Jason and others who are not Reformed Presbyterian like Sye would like to have Sye just go away.

        Sean claims:

        - We are saying
        -
        - God, therefore reasoning.

        That can be logically translated into:

        - If God exists,
        - then reasoning exists.

        - God exists.

        - Therefore, reasoning exists.

        Compare that to Sye's claim:

        - If God does not exist,
        - then there is no reasoning.

        - There is reasoning.

        - Therefore, God exists.

        -------------------------
        -------------------------
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 26 1:02 PM
          ---

          https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-New-Covenant-Group/161609113860840 (venue)
          https://www.facebook.com/sean.boatman.9 (Sean)
          https://www.facebook.com/iampersistent (Richard)

          Another Calvinist Presuppositional gem from Sean Boatman:

          (2)

          From: Sean Boatman
          To: Richard D. Shank
          Date: Wednesday, June 26, 2013
          Time: About 10:00 AM MT

          (excerpts)

          It's also not possible to be
          de-converted from Christianity.

          If you are not a Christian now,
          you never were.

          ------------------
          ------------------
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 26 2:07 PM
            ---

            It might be interested to see if Michael W. Jones allows my comment to remain on the NCG FaceBook page (I previously indicated I was not allowed to post there, but it appears I had reference to another of his sites and not this particular FaceBook page).

            https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-New-Covenant-Group/161609113860840 (venue)
            https://www.facebook.com/sean.boatman.9 (Sean)
            https://www.facebook.com/iampersistent (Richard)

            (3)

            From: Robert Baty
            Date: Wednesday, June 26, 2013
            Time: About 3:00 PM MT

            Sean Boatman claims above:

            - We are saying
            -
            - God, therefore reasoning.

            That can be logically translated into:

            - If God exists,
            - then reasoning exists.

            - God exists.

            - Therefore, reasoning exists.

            Nothing strikes me as particularly controversial there; no one is really disputing the existence of reasoning...are they?

            Compare that to how Sean's Presuppositional fellow, Sye Ten Bruggencate, frames the issue:

            - The proof that God exists
            - is that without Him you
            - could not reason.

            That can be logically translated to:

            - If God did not exist,
            - then you could not reason.

            - You can reason.

            - Therefore, God exists.

            That's the controversial aspect of Presuppositionalism and the one some Presuppositionalists now seem to want to run away from having to face; for they know they can't establish the truth of the first premise except through their belief in a presupposed proposition that it's true.

            That's fine; it just provides NO "proof God exists".

            So, the "proof God exists" claim fails and I continue to humbly request that Sye and his like-minded Presuppositionalists quit trying to make names for themselves by promoting the notion that they can with a Presupposition "prove God exists" when such is simply NOT the case.

            -----------
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 26 2:53 PM
              ---

              https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-New-Covenant-Group/161609113860840 (venue)
              https://www.facebook.com/sean.boatman.9 (Sean)

              Ta da!

              That didn't take long.

              My message which was posted to the NCG FaceBook page was quickly deleted and I am now not allowed a post option on that FaceBook page.

              My paranoia is acting up. I'm beginning to think that Presuppositionalists AND the cult of Michael W. Jones (aka Kaine Diatheke) really don't like me.

              -------------------------------------

              --- In Maury_and_Baty@yahoogroups.com,

              From: Robert Baty
              Date: Wednesday, June 26, 2013
              Time: About 3:00 PM MT

              Sean Boatman claims above:

              - We are saying
              -

              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 26 3:08 PM
                ---

                It might also be worth noting that Joey Livingston, step-son of Michael W. Jones (aka Kaine Diatheke) and the technical brains behind Jones' Internet presence and broadcasts, is still a FaceBook "friend" of mine.

                https://www.facebook.com/jlivingston76

                You may recall that Sye Ten Bruggencate recently asked for and was given a "friend" standing on my FaceBook page; though he later cut and ran.

                So, it may be that Jones is having his step-son keep an eye on me via his "friend" status.

                Who can know what such people are up to with their clandestine operations?

                ---------------------
                Message 7 of 7 , Jun 26 3:27 PM
                  ---

                  Oops!

                  I think I did it again; I have so much trouble keeping the players straight when they don't play straight with me.

                  I indicated in my earlier message that Joey Livingston was Michael W. Jones' step-son.

                  Upon further reflection, I think it is the case that he is Michael's biological son but is not the biological son of Michael's current wife and NCG co-founder/co-host Rhonda Jones.

                  I think it is a matter of public record that Joey is the biological son of Kit White, apparently a former wife of Michael W. Jones (aka Kaine Diatheke).

                  https://www.facebook.com/kit.white.96 (Kit)
                  https://www.facebook.com/jlivingston76 (Joey)

                  (But I could even be wrong about one or more of those details!)

                  Michael has been kinda smug in keeping his personal story secret and I think my queries are what really ticked him off. Apparently he, like so many, is writing a book and we just have to wait for the book to find out what he wants to tell us about all of that; his days as a fundamentalist preacher's boy and a fundamentalist preacher of sorts himself...with a bad experience that helped lead him to where he is today.

                  Of course, if C.S. McKinney, a Pensacola neighbor of Michael and FaceBook correspondent, does some due diligence, we might find out more sooner.