Overheard: From Ray Comfort!

    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 22, 2013
      ---

      Overheard: From Ray Comfort

      See:

      http://www.evolutionvsgod.com/

      https://www.facebook.com/evolutionvsgodcom/info

      Coming August 7th, a documentary interviewing only evolutionists (including professors from major universities), who are unable to give ANY scientific evidence for Darwinian evolution!

      --------------------------------
      --------------------------------
    • bucksburg
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 26, 2013
        Stumped Evolutionist: "You know, the--the problem with those who are unable to see evolution, I think, is they don't have imagination."

        Interviewer: That is so true.
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 26, 2013
          "bucksburg" <bucksburg@...> wrote:

          > Stumped Evolutionist:
          >
          >> "You know, the--the problem with
          >> those who are unable to see
          >> evolution, I think, is they don't
          >> have imagination."
          >
          > Interviewer:
          >
          >> That is so true.

          That comes from one of the links Daniel posted in the original message:

          http://www.evolutionvsgod.com/

          Mark 00:45ff
          Mark 01:00ff

          The alleged "stumped evolutionist" is identified as:

          - Gail E. Kennedy
          - Associate Professor, Anthropology
          - UCLA

          I have not seen Gail's public response to the representation by Ray Comfort.

          PZ Myers, who I think is also featured in that clip, had somewhat to say about that yesterday:

          -------------------------

          http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/2013/06/24/im-going-to-be-a-movie-star-again/comment-page-1/

          I'm going to be a ☆☆Movie Star☆☆ again!

          by PZ Myers
          Monday, June 24, 2013

          Remember when I met Ray Comfort and he interviewed me?

          Here's my summary.

          > He started by asking me for evidence of
          > evolution. I tried to explain the evidence
          > for speciation in sticklebacks, but he asked
          > if they were still fish, and when I said they
          > were, he said that didn't count because they
          > didn't become a different "kind", like a dog
          > becoming a cat. So I told him that doesn't
          > happen in a single lifetime, and that carnivores
          > diverged over 60 million years ago. I suggested
          > he look at fossils, but he rejected that,
          > because he wanted "observable" evidence, and
          > anything that happened millions of years ago
          > isn't observable. So I said it was, too —
          > fossils and molecular evidence are observable.
          >
          > So the usual creationist run-around, where he
          > defines what evidence he'd find acceptable by
          > rejecting historical evidence as nonexistent,
          > and contemporary evidence as too trivial.
          >
          > Then he tried the usual stunt: "Are you a good
          > person?" "Yes." "Have you ever told a lie?"
          > "Yes, but that a person has flaws doesn't make
          > them a bad person. The overall estimation of
          > an individual's character is not determined by
          > one mistake." And then he dropped the whole line
          > of discussion.

          Comfort is going to turn that into a movie!

          http://www.evolutionvsgod.com/

          Right.

          He held my feet to the fire until it was clear
          that there was no evidence for evolution.

          Riiiiight.

          Someday maybe I'll get to be in a movie in which
          I'm not selectively edited and misrepresented.

          It will not be this movie.

          ----------------------------------

          That article is followed by over 40 readers' comments for those with additional interest.

          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 26, 2013
            Ray Comfort replied to PZ Myers with:

            https://www.facebook.com/official.Ray.Comfort

            From: Ray Comfort
            Date: Wednesday, June 26, 2013
            Time: About 10:30 AM MT

            My friend PZ Myers (I hope he doesn't mind me calling
            him a friend) is thinking that I am going to misrepresent
            him in the upcoming movie "Evolution vs. God."

            He said,

            - "Someday maybe I'll get to be in
            - a movie in which I'm not selectively
            - edited and misrepresented.
            -
            - It will not be this movie."

            I don't know why he is thinking this way when he hasn't
            seen the movie.

            Of course the interview was edited back for the promo,
            but that's what you do with promos because they have
            to be short.

            But in "Evolution vs. God" PZ gets to talk as much as
            or even more than anyone in the entire movie.

            Of course it was "selectively edited."
            That's what editors do.

            They remove the mundane and irrelevant and select
            that which is interesting--and a lot of what he said
            certainly was interesting.

            When I do interviews I fully expect to be cut back
            to that which the producers believe is relevant to
            their theme.

            After all, it's their program.

            So PZ, you were of course "selectively edited" (as
            was every person in the movie), but I have to protest
            when you accuse me of misrepresenting you.

            That would show a lack of integrity on my part and a
            disregard for our friendship.

            I really enjoyed meeting you.

            It really was an honor, and I would gladly enjoy a meal
            with you any time you are back in Southern California
            (at my expense, of course).

            Source: http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/page/2/

            Watch The Trailer ---> http://bit.ly/1352HUE

            "rlbaty50" <rlbaty@...> wrote: