Another message from Jason Petersen to Sye Ten Bruggencate!

    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 12, 2013
      Today's message to Sye Ten Bruggencate from Jason Petersen on behalf of Robert Baty:

      http://answersforhope.com/responding-to-a-rude-atheist-on-the-epistemological-argument-against-atheism/

      - From: Jason Petersen
      - Date: June 12, 2013
      -
      - Sye, you are doing a
      - good job of demonstrating
      - why Robert won't engage
      - you in a verbal debate on
      - Skype without a moderator.

      You got that right Jason, but it's more than just resolving the moderator issue.

      Sye and I need to negotiate a number of logistical details whether we meet on Skype or have a written exchange about his Presuppositonal problems.

      A written exchange is certainly preferable and more productive of the proposed purpose of such an effort, but we may be able to agree on such details as would make a Skype encounter effective, humor Sye and his preference, and demonstrate just how much more accommodative I have been regarding these matters.

      ============
    • Jason
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 12, 2013
        Wow, I never said that.
        Here is the quote in context:

        > "Notice he starts off by insulting
        > me.
        >
        > Very mature Alex, you are doing a
        > good job of demonstrating why I
        > won't engage you in a verbal
        > debate without a moderator.
        >
        > (A lack of self control and discipline.)
        >
        > I suggest taking deep breathes
        > when you feel upset."

        Notice that I never mentioned Sye or your name.

        You ought to be ashamed of yourself for lying.

        I am in complete shock that someone who claims to be a defender of God's kingdom would resort to outright lies and bearing false witnesses against his fellow brothers and sisters.

        Again, shame on you.

        --- In Maury_and_Baty@yahoogroups.com,

        -------------
        -------------
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 13, 2013
          Despite his attempts to claim he doesn't have Sye Ten Bruggencate in his sights with his recent criticisms regarding unspecified individuals, Jason Petersen pops off again today with an article that finds implicit application to the rising "rock star" of Presuppositionalism, Sye Ten Bruggencate.

          I report.
          You decide.

          ----------------------------

          http://answersforhope.com/answering-the-question-vs-answering-the-argument/

          Questions vs Arguments

          By Jason Petersen
          June 13, 2013

          (excerpts)

          Upon some of the things I have seen apologists do
          online, in person, and on video, I think that this
          is a very important topic to understand, particularly
          if you are a presuppositional apologist.

          Let's consider this scenario as an example:

          "Im N Love" has always had questions about Christianity.

          She likes the people that she knows who are Christians
          but she is under the misconception that Christianity is
          only a matter of blind faith.

          She talks to her friend "Im A Jerk"
          (aka Sye Ten Bruggencate-RLBaty)
          who is a presuppositional apologist.

          Let's play out this scenario.

          "Im N Love":

          > Hey "Im A jerk".
          > I've been wondering about this "Christian thing."
          > Why are you a believer?
          > Isn't it just blind faith?

          "Im A Jerk":

          > How do you know your reasoning is valid?

          "Im N Love":

          > I don't know, I guess I never thought about it.
          > I think it's kind of circular, isn't it?

          "Im A Jerk":

          > Do you think that?

          "Im N Love":

          > What?

          "Im A Jerk":

          > I thought so.

          Obviously, this is not the right way to handle such
          an inquiry.