The Open Invitation to Presuppositionalists!

    Message 1 of 5 , May 8, 2013
      The Open Invitation to Presuppositionalists

      cc: https://www.facebook.com/CalvinistMemes
      cc: https://www.facebook.com/robert.baty.1
      cc: https://www.facebook.com/groups/atheistvstheistdebates/
      cc: https://www.facebook.com/groups/528766180509430/

      THE SYE TEN BRUGGENCATE
      PROPOSITION:

      - "The Proof that God exists
      - is that without Him you
      - couldn't prove anything."
      -
      -- Affirm: ????
      -- Deny: Robert Baty

      It is proposed that a one-on-one discussion of the merits of the above Presuppositional claim popularized by Sye Ten Bruggencate be produced as between Robert Baty and Sye Ten Bruggencate or some representative Presuppositionalist.

      It is proposed that the details necessary for the production of such an historic exchange are to be negotiated with negotiations to begin as soon as practical by agreement of the parties.

      It is proposed that responses to and/or acceptance of this invitation should be made via email addressed as follows:

      Maury_and_Baty@yahoogroups.com

      A record of these important, historic developments will be archived at the Maury_and_Baty YAHOO! website indicated above and, by agreement, elsewhere.

      Serious consideration of and replies to this invitation will be appreciated.

      Message 2 of 5 , May 8, 2013
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/atheistvstheistdebates/ (venue)
        https://www.facebook.com/Entomologist (Andrew)

        (2)

        From: Andrew Emerson Ryan
        Date: Wednesday, May 8, 2013
        Time: About 3:30 PM MT

        Funny how you can never prove
        that statement....which means
        either your presupposition must
        be wrong or you don't have God...
        which is bad news for you either
        way!

        haha

        (3)

        From: Robert Baty
        Date: Wednesday, May 8, 2013
        Time: About 3:45 PM MT

        Andrew wrote, in part:

        - "You can never prove that
        - statement....which means
        - either your presupposition
        - must be wrong or you don't
        - have God......which is bad
        - news for you either way!"

        Andrew does not identify the "you"
        to whom he is addressing his comments,
        nor is he identifying "that statement"
        to which he refers.

        Perhaps if Andrew accepts the
        invitation and we successfully
        negotiate for the proposed discussion,
        we will get into his particular
        problems as implied by his cryptic
        quip above.

        I do note that Andrew does not
        explicitly affirm Sye's proposition
        nor has he accepted the invitation
        to produce a discussion of Sye's
        claim.

        It's not about me or my "worldview".
        It's about Sye's claim.

        - "The Proof that God exists
        - is that without Him you
        - couldn't prove anything."
        -
        -- Affirm: ????
        -- Deny: Robert Baty

        As noted earlier, the email address
        to send serious replies to and/or
        acceptance of the invitation is:

        Maury_and_Baty@yahoogroups.com

        ------------------------------------
        ------------------------------------
        Message 3 of 5 , May 8, 2013
          https://www.facebook.com/groups/atheistvstheistdebates/ (venue)
          https://www.facebook.com/Entomologist (Andrew)

          (4)

          From: Andrew Emerson Ryan
          Date: Wednesday, May 8, 2013
          Time: About 3:55 PM MT

          - "The Proof that God exists
          - is that without Him you
          - couldn't prove anything."

          The Sye Ten Bruggencate position,
          right?

          But this statement itself cannot
          be proven.

          You cannot prove a negative, and
          that is what this statement suggests.

          If I say there is a teapot orbiting
          the sun across from the Earth, prove
          me wrong, then that is a logical
          fallacy because I can always keep
          saying "you haven't found it" when
          you investigate every inch of space
          on the other side of the sun.

          If you, or anyone else, claims that
          without God, you cannot prove anything,
          that would be the exact same concept,
          proving a negative.

          (5)

          From: Robert Baty
          Date: Wednesday, May 8, 2013
          Time: About 4:00 PM MT

          Andrew, thanks for that clarification
          regarding your approach to the issue.

          -----------------------------------
          -----------------------------------
          Message 4 of 5 , May 8, 2013
            (6)

            Some here may recall my recent efforts to help Billy Jacobs,
            a member of the atheist vs theist debate group on FaceBook,
            with his Presuppositional problem.

            A few minutes ago I posted a copy of the Open Invitation to
            his FaceBook page.

            Almost as quickly, the posting disappeared and Billy
            UNfriended me.

            Billy's FaceBook address:

            https://www.facebook.com/billy.jacobs.75

            Can the Presuppositionalists not find even one honest broker
            amongst them who will help me produce the proposed discussion
            of Sye Ten Bruggencate's alleged "proof of God"?

            Giving them the opportunity provides an important, historic
            chapter for the book, and I may have more to say about that
            later.