Re: Sye Ten Bruggencate gets a blog review!

    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 30, 2013
      ---

      Who is the "Turretin Fan" who operates that blog?

      http://www.blogger.com/profile/01802277110253897379

      Turretinfan

      On Blogger since January 2006

      Profile views - 15443

      My blogs

      - Thoughts of Francis Turretin
      - TurretinFan's Beta-Test Blog
      - Ancient Voices
      - Pope Francis Turretin
      - Turretinia
      - Turretin Debate Blog
      - Criticism of Turretinfan
      - Reformed Boor

      Blogs I follow

      - Thoughts of Francis Turretin

      About me

      - Gender: Male
      -
      - Introduction
      --
      -- Reformed Apologist
      -- Male
      -- Adult
      -- Bible-Believing
      -- 5 Solas
      -- 5 Petals on my Tulip
      -- Ecclesiastically Presbyterian
      -- not Federal Visionist
      -- Optimistic in my eschatology,
      -- but not dogmatic
      -- Opposed to the errors of Rome
      -- Opposed to the errors of Pelagius
      -- Trinitarian
      -- In favor of Christian liberty
      --
      -- Otherwise Anonymous
      -
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 30, 2013

        > Who is the "Turretin Fan" who operates that blog? <

        Reportedly, he's a deacon at a PCA church in Cleveland, OH, and works in a Cleveland law office. Or, maybe their branch office in Arizona.

        At any rate, he's very skilled in the art of electronically covering his tracks. And well versed in the law, capable of alerting would-be exposers of his identity as to the consequences they may face for doing so.

        Whatever the case, his identity, like that of autobiographer Calpernia Addams, remains unknown to the world at large.

        Daniel
        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 30, 2013
          "bucksburg" <bucksburg@...> wrote:

          > --- In Maury_and_Baty@yahoogroups.com,
          > "rlbaty50" <rlbaty@> wrote:
          >
          >> Who is the "Turretin Fan"
          >> who operates that blog? <
          >
          > Reportedly, he's a deacon at a PCA church
          > in Cleveland, OH, and works in a Cleveland
          > law office. Or, maybe their branch office
          > in Arizona.
          >
          > At any rate, he's very skilled in the art
          > of electronically covering his tracks. And
          > well versed in the law, capable of alerting
          > would-be exposers of his identity as to the
          > consequences they may face for doing so.
          >
          > Whatever the case, his identity, like that
          > of autobiographer Calpernia Addams, remains
          > unknown to the world at large.

          Daniel,

          Thanks for that additional insight into the anonymous "Turretin Fan".

          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 30, 2013
            ---

            This exchange with Sye just in from the "Turretin Fan" blog:

            http://turretinfan.blogspot.com/2013/04/how-to-answer-fool-sye-ten-bruggencate.html

            (5)

            From: Sye Ten Bruggencate
            Date: Tuesday, April 30, 2013
            Time: About 7:00 PM MT

            I have offered to debate Robert
            over Skype.

            He has declined - for obvious reasons.

            (6)

            From: Robert Baty
            Date: Tuesday, April 30, 2013
            Time: About 7:05 PM MT

            Sye Ten Bruggencate has a problem
            with being honest about my efforts
            to get him to come out, come clean,
            and openly, honestly negotiate the
            appropriate details necessary to
            produce the proposed discussion as
            to why Sye's much-touted "proof of
            God" is NO "proof of God".

            Venue is only one issue for
            consideration, and Sye has yet to
            engage the negotiations in good faith
            or explicitly refuse to engage in a
            written discussion.

            Will Sye now be coming out for the
            negotiations, in good faith?

            We will see!

            ------------------------------------
            ------------------------------------
            Message 5 of 11 , Apr 30, 2013
              ---

              The "Turretin Fan" returns to the exchange"

              http://turretinfan.blogspot.com/2013/04/how-to-answer-fool-sye-ten-bruggencate.html

              (7)

              From: Turretin Fan
              Date: Tuesday, April 30, 2013
              Time: About 8:00 PM MT

              Robert:

              What is your ultimate authority?

              -TurretinFan

              (8)

              From: Robert Baty
              Date: Tuesday, April 30, 2013
              Time: About 8:25 PM MT

              My experience over the last few weeks with Sye and those
              who provide cover for him is that one of the first things
              they want to do is change the subject and evade dealing
              with Sye's much-touted "proof of God" claim which, I
              propose, is NO "proof of God".

              It seems to me to be a very simple matter that does not
              require much consideration.

              The lengths to which Sye and his sympathizers have gone
              to in order to evade dealing with what appears to me to
              be "false advertising" is, to me, a pretty good indication
              that Sye and his sympathizers realize that, whatever Sye's Presuppositional apologetics may be, it does not provide a
              "proof of God" as Sye claims.

              I would like to test my analysis of Sye's "proof of God"
              claim.

              I think I have, but not directly with a defender of Sye's
              "proof of God" claim.

              I think Sye should quit making his apologetic into a
              "proof of God".

              It might be good for street preachin' and such, a good
              conversation starter maybe, but as a "proof of God" it
              isn't; so I contend without Sye or his surrogate to rebut
              my analysis.

              Turreting Fan, perhaps you have the moral influence to
              get Sye to come out, come clean and openly and honestly
              take up the negotiations with me in order to produce
              the proposed discussion.

              Perhaps you don't!

              Otherwise, if you want to demonstrate a little good faith
              and have your secondary and tertiary interests in me
              discussed, you are welcome to make your appearance at my
              place.

              Here's the address to my place,

              Anyone can post there. All you have to do is address an
              email to the following address and follow the public
              archives at the above link:

              Maury_and_Baty@yahoogroups.com

              You might want to browse the 10 years of history there
              in order to familiarize yourself with me.

              Otherwise, Turretin Fan, I have grown weary in dealing
              with anonymous sorts. You might want to first introduce
              yourself before presuming to interrogate me.

              It ain't about me; it's about Sye's alleged "false
              advertising".

              -------------------------
              -------------------------
              Message 6 of 11 , Apr 30, 2013
                ---

                The anonymous "Turretin Fan" grows a little testy as if to use that as a rather lame excuse to provide yet further cover for Sye Ten Bruggencate as he continues his "run" from me.

                http://turretinfan.blogspot.com/2013/04/how-to-answer-fool-sye-ten-bruggencate.html

                (9)

                From: Turretin Fan
                Date: Tuesday, April 30, 2013
                Time: About 8:30 PM MT

                Robert:

                You didn't answer my question
                and you expressed weariness in
                dealing with me.

                Plus, you're suggesting my
                brother's dishonest.

                I can't see any reason for putting
                up with such an ill-mannered guest.

                -TurretinFan

                (10)

                From: Robert Baty
                Date: Tuesday, April 30, 2013
                Time: About 8:40 PM MT

                - Turretin Fan:

                Run off if you will.

                Many before you have done
                likewise.

                Sye has not been honest with
                his dealings with me, and he's
                had plenty of like-minded folks
                following his lead.

                It was not really intended to
                be a "suggestion".

                I have archived much of that
                important history at my place.

                Show up there if you want to
                talk particulars.

                I think you failed to understand
                the point of my weariness.

                You are welcome to remain as
                anonymous as you want; just don't
                think you have any special case
                for questioning me if that's your
                course.

                I may patronize you somewhat if
                you have something relevant to
                say; maybe not.

                Otherwise, I continue to wait to
                see if Sye will come out, come
                clean and openly and honestly
                negotiate the details necessary
                to produce the proposed discussion.

                ---------------------------------
                ---------------------------------
                Message 7 of 11 , Apr 30, 2013
                  ---

                  The anonymous "Turretin Fan" cuts and runs and represents only the latest in a long line of Sye Ten Bruggencate sympathizers to provide cover for Sye and his false claim to have the "proof of God" which I continue to claim, without a rebuttal correspondent, is NO "proof of God".

                  Note the following regarding my last three postings to that website:

                  http://turretinfan.blogspot.com/2013/04/how-to-answer-fool-sye-ten-bruggencate.html

                  - This comment has been
                  - deleted by the administrator.

                  - This comment has been deleted
                  - by the administrator.

                  - This comment has been deleted
                  - by the administrator.

                  Another important peg in the history of the failure of Presuppositionalism is so noted.

                  Run, Sye, run!
                  See Sye run!

                  ----------------------------
                  ----------------------------
                  Message 8 of 11 , May 1 12:57 PM
                    Now this courtesy of one of "Turretin Fan's" fans:

                    http://turretinfan.blogspot.com/2013/04/how-to-answer-fool-sye-ten-bruggencate.html

                    (11)

                    From: SlimJim
                    Date: Wednesday, May 1, 2013