From whence did we get the notion of "God", revisited!

    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 26, 2013
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/156522841147889/ (venue)
      https://www.facebook.com/PeteBurnsisawesome (Ian)

      (1)

      From: Ian Colthart
      Date: Friday, April 26, 2013
      Time: About 11:00 AM MT

      Theists,

      I'd love to know this.

      Since written history began, there have been
      literally thousands of gods, demigods, and
      deities.

      What makes YOUR god the "one true god"?

      (2)

      From: Robert Baty
      Date: Friday, April 26, 2013
      Time: About 12:00 Noon

      Ian's question reminds me of what is perhaps a more
      fundamental question; one of the ones Alexander
      Campbell took up with Robert Owen back in 1829 and
      which I took up with Dr. Dziubla in 2011.

      How did we even come up with the idea/concept of "God"?

      - Revelation?
      - Imagination?
      - Reason?

      Owen said "imagination"!
      Campbell said "revelation"!
      Both denied "reason"?

      Things haven't changed much since then, as I found out
      in chatting up the issue with Dr. Dziubla.

      Dziubla v. Baty:

      Open Invitation:

      ----------------------------------
      ----------------------------------
    • Ray Ausban
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 28, 2013
        Robert,

        Did some one answer his question?

        Ray

        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 28, 2013
          Ray Ausban wrote:

          > Robert,
          >
          > Did some one answer his question?

          Ray,

          The only other response in that subject thread was as follows:

          > https://www.facebook.com/dale.mowday
          >
          > From: Dale Mowday
          > Date: Friday, April 26, 2013
          > Time: 5:33 PM
          >
          > Because the people who run the
          > religion say they have the true
          > god and the brainwashed needy
          > xxxxx believe it.

          A lot of subject threads there don't go anywhere and have less than serious interest shown in them.

          I think it somewhat of a victory for me that I have not been challenged regarding the issue in the Dziubla v. Baty Debate of the Century.

          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 28, 2013
            Is this a dead thread, meaning it would never be looked at? Such as if I answer the question, would he know it?

            Ray

            --- In mailto:Maury_and_Baty%40yahoogroups.com,

            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 28, 2013
              Ray Ausban <rayausban@...> wrote:

              > Is this a dead thread,
              > meaning it would never be looked at?
              >
              > Such as if I answer the question,
              > would he know it?

              I think it is alive and well as far as any new messages.

              That is, if you are a member of that group and post a message in that thread, the originator should get a notice of the posting.

              Otherwise, anyone who checked back on the thread would see the subsequent message.

              I do not particularly like FaceBook and know only a little about how it works.