Re: Report from Kent Hovind, POW # 06452-017!

    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 24, 2013
      Here's another one with added details that was posted today:

      https://www.facebook.com/2peter3

      From: Kent Hovind
      Date: Wednesday, April 23, 2013
      Time: About 4:00 PM MT

      (excerpts)

      For those who care to know about the incredible
      frustrations prisoners face in America's great
      [in]justice system.

      I said I would ask for 4 things and let you know
      how it went.

      1.

      I asked for my custody level to be lowered to
      "Community custody" so I could get furloughs.

      They told me I cannot even be considered for
      that reduction until my next team since the
      one year clock started over when I was moved
      here.

      2.

      I asked about being moved closer to my home
      as BOP policy states.

      No response to that one.

      I asked for an answer in writing later.

      I also have paperwork in Washington DC asking
      for that.

      3.

      I asked about being put in the RDAP i.e. drug
      class so I could better understand and minister
      to people addicted to drugs and alcohol even
      though I have never used either.

      Folks who take this class get a year off their
      sentence and the BOP gets a LOT of money for
      each graduate!

      They said I must ask the psychology department
      head.

      4.

      I asked about getting the max allowable half-way
      house (6 months) and home confinement (6 months)
      under the law which puts me home in a year+.

      They said that I cannot request that until my
      next team because I must be 17-19 months from
      release.

      ...I filed (my lawsuit) on April 22.

      Here is the story behind the suit.

      After I appealed my conviction to the 11th circuit and
      was denied (like 99.7+% are the$e day$) I had one year
      to file another motion called a 2255 where they can
      overturn the case if I can show I had "ineffective
      assistance of counsel" (i.e. dumb lawyer) who missed
      things he should have brought up!

      My lawyer missed over 20 violations of the law committed
      by the IRS, US Attorney and even the court!

      They are spelled out in document #365 on www.2peter3.com.

      ONE of the exceptions to the one year time limit is being
      impeded from filing by government action/inaction so I
      appealed based on that-to no avail.

      Most of my motions are answered with one word- DENIED!

      No logic, law or reason given.

      I thought that the 2255 trail was a dead end until I
      told one of the new guys here about the whole thing.

      He said,

      > "Oh no! This is perfect! You can
      > file a Bivins lawsuit against the
      > ones who delayed your legal box
      > and ask the judge to rule that
      > you were impeded from filing. That
      > will make them reopen the 2255 and
      > rule on the issues."

      Hmmm?
      Worth a try!

      So, in addition to several other actions we have filed,
      that Bivins suit was filed this week.

      They are usually pretty cut and dried and get ruled on
      fast-maybe 30 days or so.

      Pray they rule for me quickly so we can get the 2255
      back in and get the case overturned and I can go home!

      6.5 years for NOT breaking any laws is PLENTY!

      ~Kent Hovind