Re: [M & B] Exploded Fertilizer Plant Owned by Church of Christ Members!

  • Charles Weston
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 18, 2013
      I probably shouldn't be this way, but why is it that when a disaster happen to New Orleans, it's God's judgement against all those wicked Maris Gras celebrators, but when it happens to a coC member, it's just a tragedy?  A few years  ago, a COC preacher in Tennessee ended up clinging for his life in a tree during a storm.  Sounds a lot like the makings of an Old Testament story, like Jonah. Maybe God is angry at these folks for putting Creationism ahead of the love of Jesus?

      Incidentally, Robert, that Mark Teske is a staunch Creationist on a coc or coC group that I'm on.  It took me a little while to make the connection, but one of the know-it-all preachers on that group is in McCloud (did I spell it right?) where you once mentioned you had some of your thoughts challenged.

      Charles W.

      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 18, 2013
        Charles Weston wrote, in part:

        > One of the know-it-all preachers on
        > that group is in McCloud (did I spell
        > it right?) where you once mentioned
        > you had some of your thoughts challenged.

        HMM!

        I think it's McLoud.

        Is it a group I can see (I've been banned from a number of them).

        Got a name?

        I don't know the name of the primary, pulpit preacher in McLoud these days, but I do recall a number of names from my days there.

        My mother-in-law is still a member of the McLoud church.

      • Charles Weston
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 18, 2013

          Robert, I think you tried to join the group a year or so ago and were turned down.  Maybe you've even been banned from cocbanned!  ;>)

          Preacher on the group in McLoud is Bradley Cobb.

          I probably should leave that group, since I don't fit very well there, being a reactionary and an Evil-lutionist.  I don't post there much, only occasionally when they come up with something that strikes me as particularly lame.

          Charles W.

          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 18, 2013
            Charles Weston wrote:

            > Preacher on the group in McLoud is
            > Bradley Cobb.

            I am not familiar with the name so I guess that is a pretty good indication that he must be the preacher that came in after Wayne Price.

            My road to where I am today regarding "the issues" began in McLoud when Bert Thompson came and gave his lectures on young-earthism.

            I remember hearing good things about Bradley, but that would have been with reference to purely social settings.

            One of the churches he formerly worked with has some of his young-earth sermons on-line.

            I have a trip planned to Oklahoma. Who knows, it could happen that I get to visit McLoud while I am there, but it is probably not likely as my schedule looks now.

            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 18, 2013
              Charles Weston wrote:

              I tried again.

              It took my application, but that is subject to approval.

              I notice that there hasn't been much action over there in some time.

              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 19, 2013
                Charles Weston wrote, in part:

                > Robert, I think you tried to join the
                > group a year or so ago and were turned down.

                I checked that out and tried again: