Re: A chance meeting with Sye Ten Bruggencate!

    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 17, 2013
      https://www.facebook.com/bruce.huber.56?hc_location=stream
      https://www.facebook.com/leblancmaryjo
      https://www.facebook.com/sye.tenbruggencate

      (8)

      From: Mary Jo LeBlanc
      Date: Wednesday, April 17, 2013
      Time: About 9:45 PM MT

      Bruce,

      I concur with Sye's first comment on here:

      save yourself a lot of grief and block this guy.

      (9)

      From: Robert Baty
      Date: Wednesday, April 17, 2013
      Time: About 9:50 PM MT

      Mary, Mary, Mary, just got to try and provide
      cover for Sye and Eric, huh?

      Shame on you, Mary!

      "rlbaty50" <rlbaty@...> wrote:

      https://www.facebook.com/bruce.huber.56?hc_location=stream

      https://www.facebook.com/bruce.huber.56/posts/144033055773221?comment_id=257480&\
      offset=0&total_comments=2

      (1)

      From: Bruce Huber via Gary DeMar
      Date: April 1, 2013
      Time: 8:41 AM ยท

      Answer a fool according to his folly,
      or he will be wise in his own - Proverbs 26:4

      How to answer the fool_ Promo
      www.youtube.com

      Sye Ten Bruggencate and Kenneth-Jackie Martinez like this.

      (2)

      From: Robert Baty
      Date: Wednesday, April 17, 2013
      Time: About 9:00 PM MT

      I am still waiting for Sye to contact me so that
      we can negotiate the logistical details necessary
      to produce our discussion of his problem in claiming
      he's got a "proof of God" which is NO "proof of God".

      Here's the email address for Sye to use to contact me:

      Maury_and_Baty@yahoogroups.com

      (3)

      From: Bruce Huber
      Date: Wednesday, April 17, 2013
      Time: About 9:15 PM MT

      Hi Mr Baty, I'm not sure why you posted this
      on my link, I don't know Sye personally, I
      just follow him on Facebook. If your looking
      to converse with Sye then maybe you should try
      his Facebook page. But if its just that you
      are having trouble understanding the logical
      proof of God, I hear that Sye is putting out
      a DVD in a few weeks that might help with any
      questions you might have.

      http://americanvision.com/fool

      (4)

      From: Sye Ten Bruggencate
      Date: Wednesday, April 17, 2013
      Time: About 9:20 PM MT

      Bruce, save yourself some grief.
      Block Robert Baty.

      (5)

      From: Robert Baty
      Date: Wednesday, April 17, 2013
      Time: About 9:25 PM MT

      Bruce,

      Sye is running from me.

      He "liked" your reference and it showed up
      on my time line.

      So, I thought it appropriate to make my entry
      here.

      Sye, I am still waiting.

      (6)

      From: Sye Ten Bruggencate
      Date: Wednesday, April 17, 2013
      Time: About 9:30 PM MT

      Robert, even atheists block you for spamming.

      Tell you what, add me on Skype and I'll engage
      you.

      Let's get this over with once and for all.

      (7)

      From: Robert Baty
      Date: Wednesday, April 17, 2013
      Time: About 9:33 PM MT

      Sye,

      When you get ready to come out, come clean and
      openly and honestly negotiate the logistical
      details necessary to produce our one-on-one
      discussion of your "proof of God" claim that,
      I propose, is NO "proof of God", here's that
      email address to use:

      Maury_and_Baty@yahoogroups.com

      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 17, 2013
        https://www.facebook.com/bruce.huber.56?hc_location=stream
        https://www.facebook.com/leblancmaryjo
        https://www.facebook.com/sye.tenbruggencate

        (10)

        From: Mary Jo LeBlanc
        Date: Wednesday, April 17, 2013
        Time: About 10:05 PM MT

        If you mean that I want to protect
        my friends from people who would
        shamelessly exploit them, then yes.

        And I don't apologize for it.

        (11)

        From: Robert Baty
        Date: Wednesday, April 17, 2013
        Time: About 10:10 PM MT

        No, Mary Jo, that's not it and you
        know that is not it.

        You need to just "shut up" or use
        your alleged moral superiority on
        Sye and Eric and get them to come
        out, come clean and openly, honestly
        negotiate with me for a little
        one-on-one discussion as to why
        their alleged "proof of God" is
        NO "proof of God".

        (12)

        From: Bruce Huber
        Date: Wednesday, April 17, 2013
        Time: About 10:14 PM MT

        It seems that Sye is willing to
        communicate with you one on one
        via Skype, so why don't you add
        him on Skype and get it over with?

        (13)

        From: Robert Baty
        Date: Wednesday, April 17, 2013
        Time: About 10:15 PM MT

        Bruce, if Sye is ready to negotiate,
        certainly a venue is one of the
        issues to resolve.

        Just use your moral influence on
        him and get him to start the
        negotiations by sending his email
        solicitation to:

        Maury_and_Baty@yahoogroups.com

        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 17, 2013
          https://www.facebook.com/bruce.huber.56?hc_location=stream
          https://www.facebook.com/leblancmaryjo
          https://www.facebook.com/sye.tenbruggencate

          (14)

          From: Robert Baty
          Date: Wednesday, April 17, 2013
          Time: About 10:30 PM MT

          Should Sye initiate contact via email
          at the address given, the negotiations
          will be public and archived at:

          My previous history with Sye and Eric
          and others similarly inclined is also
          archived there.

          Anyone can post, and y'all are invited
          if you think there is something of
          interest you want to comment on there
          or some subject you want to introduce
          for our consideration.

          That email address, for ready reference, is:

          Maury_and_Baty@yahoogroups.com

          -----------------------------------
          -----------------------------------
          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 17, 2013
            https://www.facebook.com/bruce.huber.56?hc_location=stream
            https://www.facebook.com/leblancmaryjo
            https://www.facebook.com/sye.tenbruggencate

            (15)

            From: Bruce Huber
            Date: Wednesday, April 17, 2013
            Time: About 11:25 PM MT

            Well Mr Baty, it seems like a some
            folks find you less than honorable
            in your previous dealings with them.

            I might be willing to answer any
            serious questions you might have
            (to the best of my abilities), but
            please be specific in your questioning
            so that I can understand the context
            from which your coming from.

            (16)

            From: Robert Baty
            Date: Wednesday, April 17, 2013
            Time: About 11:30 PM MT

            Bruce, I think the more objective
            and honest who might consider my
            efforts to have a negotiated discussion
            with Sye and or Eric would conclude
            those less honorable have been Eric
            and Sye and their supporters.

            If you wish to engage in a discussion
            (it's really a rather simple matter)
            of why it is that Sye's "proof of God"
            is NO "proof of God", simply address
            your email message to initiate the
            discussion to:

            Maury_and_Baty@yahoogroups.com .

            That will establish your own honor,
            your good faith, and allow you, unlike
            Sye and others, to requite my love.

            As noted above, you will be able to
            follow the discussion at the link
            above.

            -------------------------------------
            -------------------------------------
            Message 5 of 10 , Apr 17, 2013
              ---

              https://www.facebook.com/bruce.huber.56 (Bruce)
              https://www.facebook.com/leblancmaryjo (Mary)
              https://www.facebook.com/sye.tenbruggencate (Sye)

              (17)

              From: Robert Baty
              Date: Wednesday, April 17, 2013
              Time: About 11:50 PM MT

              Bruce,

              If you simply can't bring yourself
              to come around my place, here's a
              little alternative primer to get
              you started here:

              Sye and Eric claim:

              - "The proof that God exists is
              - that without him you can't
              - know anything."
              -
              -- Sye Ten Bruggencate
              -- Eric Hovind

              Would you agree that the claim
              implies the following argument?

              Major Premise:

              - If God did not exist,
              - then you couldn't know anything.

              Minor Premise:

              - You can know something.

              Conclusion:

              - God exists.

              Would you agree with me that the
              argument is so constructed that
              if its premises are true its
              conclusion will follow as true
              therefrom?

              For purposes of this exercise,
              that is the stipulated definition
              of a logically valid argument.

              Would you agree with me that the
              argument is NOT circular?

              Stipulated Definition of Circular Argument:

              -----------------------------------
              -----------------------------------
              Message 6 of 10 , Apr 18, 2013
                ---

                https://www.facebook.com/bruce.huber.56 (Bruce)
                https://www.facebook.com/leblancmaryjo (Mary)
                https://www.facebook.com/sye.tenbruggencate (Sye)
                https://www.facebook.com/robert.pavich.18 (Pavich)
                https://www.facebook.com/ThreeOrMore (Mark)

                (18)

                From: Sye Ten Bruggencate
                Date: Thursday, April 18, 2013
                Time: About 4:00 AM MT

                Is anyone surprised by Robert Baty's
                unwillingness to engage me on Skype?

                (19)

                From: Robert Pavich
                Date: Thursday, April 18, 2013
                Time: About 5:00 AM MT

                Quoting Sye,

                - Is anyone surprised by
                - Robert Baty's unwillingness
                - to engage me on Skype?

                I'm not...I guess I don't get
                why he doesn't just Skype,
                record, post, and be done
                with you.

                (20)

                From: Mark Henderson
                Date: Thursday, April 18, 2013
                Time: About 7:15 AM MT

                Because that doesn't fit his agenda

                (21)

                From: Robert Baty
                Date: Thursday, April 18, 2013
                Time: About 7:20 AM MT

                Sye, I don't do Skype,
                but you do email.

                Come around my place and we can
                discuss the venue as well as
                other necessary logistical details.

                Who knows, we just might be able
                to figure out a way to bring me
                up to speed and use Skype as a
                venue.

                Here's that email address for
                your convenience:

                Maury_and_Baty@yahoogroups.com

                And here's the group address to
                follow along via the public archives:

                (Anybody surprised that Sye continues
                his show of bad faith by refusing to
                negotiate the necessary logistical
                details to make the proposed exchange
                most productive? Maybe it has something
                to with his "agenda". Maybe that will
                all be made clearer if Sye ever comes
                out, comes clean, and openly and honestly
                engages in the negotiations.)

                (22)

                From: Robert Baty
                Date: Thursday, April 18, 2013
                Time: About 7:30 AM MT

                If the latest interlopers have a
                serious interest in these important
                public issues, they are welcome to
                take up for Bruce and Sye answer
                those preliminary questions to get
                the substantive discussion initiated
                that ultimately demonstrates why Sye's
                and Eric's claimed "proof of God" is
                NO "proof of God".

                ----------------------------------
                ----------------------------------
                Message 7 of 10 , Apr 18, 2013
                  ---

                  Sean Boatman returns as an interloper here!

                  https://www.facebook.com/bruce.huber.56 (Bruce)
                  https://www.facebook.com/leblancmaryjo (Mary)
                  https://www.facebook.com/sye.tenbruggencate (Sye)
                  https://www.facebook.com/robert.pavich.18 (Pavich)
                  https://www.facebook.com/ThreeOrMore (Mark)
                  https://www.facebook.com/sean.boatman.9 (Sean)

                  (23)

                  From: Sye Ten Bruggencate
                  Date: Thursday, April 18, 2013
                  Time: About 8:30 AM MT

                  > //"Sye, I don't do Skype"//

                  Take it or leave it.

                  (24)

                  From: Sean Boatman
                  Date: Thursday, April 18, 2013
                  Time: About 8:35 AM MT

                  Oh noes......the Robert again.

                  He lost me months ago at
                  'requite my love'.

                  (25)

                  From: Sean Boatman
                  Date: Thursday, April 18, 2013
                  Time: About 8:45 AM MT

                  It's fascinating that Robert can
                  run a Yahoo Group, post to a Forbes
                  page, copy and paste links here,
                  connect with people in an effort
                  to get to Sye via Facebook etc.
                  yet somehow finds downloading a
                  free program (Skype) to resolve
                  this issue once and for all a
                  challenge.

                  Come on Robert, step up and get
                  this over with. You have been
                  after this for months.

                  You have an offer to debate this
                  via Skype on the table.

                  Do us all a favor and take it.

                  (26)

                  From: Robert Pavich
                  Date: Thursday, April 18, 2013
                  Time: About 9:15 PM MT

                  Robert Baty,

                  Quote:

                  > Sye, I don't do Skype,
                  > but you do email.

                  Yeah...and I know why too (guessing)
                  In an email you don't have to make
                  sense in "real time"...you can just
                  pontificate and nobody calls your
                  bluff.

                  That's the difference between real
                  time conversations and email exchanges
                  ...which is why Skype is a better
                  venue for this discussion.

                  (27)

                  From: Robert Baty
                  Date: Thursday, April 18, 2013
                  Time: About 9:20 AM MT

                  Sye continues his run and demonstration
                  of bad faith, refusing to openly, honestly
                  engage in the appropriate negotiations so
                  as to produce the desired one-on-one
                  discussion as to why his "proof of God"
                  claim provides NO "proof of God".

                  You gotta love Sye's "take it or leave
                  it approach".

                  Good show, Sye, very good show. But I
                  am longsuffering and my invitation to
                  you remains and I stand prepared to
                  produce the one-on-one chat about your
                  problem if you ever repent and engage
                  in the negotiations designed to insure
                  a most productive exchange.

                  Sean Boatman tried and failed as did
                  his sidekick Jason Bradford. I detect
                  a continuing sorehead in the appearance
                  of Sean here.

                  "Come on"...Sye and any who wish to
                  openly and honestly and seriously
                  discuss why it is that Sye's "proof
                  of God" claim is NO "proof of God".

                  The offer is "on the table" all ye
                  Sye-like presuppositionalists.

                  Run!
                  See them run!

                  I would, however, that ye repent and
                  join me in resolving the logistical
                  details necessary to produce the
                  proposed discussion.

                  Otherwise, for a more informal chat,
                  the questions I presented to Bruce
                  remain for your answers which you
                  can send to the following email
                  address to get started:

                  Maury_and_Baty@yahoogroups.com

                  See you there,
                  or not!

                  (28)

                  From: Robert Baty
                  Date: Thursday, April 18, 2013
                  Time: About 9:25 AM MT

                  Sye, are your meaning to
                  explicitly reject any proposal
                  that we engage in a written
                  discussion of why I propose
                  that your "proof of God" is
                  NO "proof of God".

                  Please answer "yes" or "no".

                  ---------------------------------------
                  ---------------------------------------
                  Message 8 of 10 , Apr 18, 2013
                    ---

                    Another interloper joins in: David Ashley

                    https://www.facebook.com/bruce.huber.56 (Bruce)
                    https://www.facebook.com/leblancmaryjo (Mary)
                    https://www.facebook.com/sye.tenbruggencate (Sye)
                    https://www.facebook.com/robert.pavich.18 (Pavich)