A chance meeting with Sye Ten Bruggencate!

    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 17, 2013
      https://www.facebook.com/bruce.huber.56?hc_location=stream

      https://www.facebook.com/bruce.huber.56/posts/144033055773221?comment_id=257480&offset=0&total_comments=2

      (1)

      From: Bruce Huber via Gary DeMar
      Date: April 1, 2013
      Time: 8:41 AM ·

      Answer a fool according to his folly,
      or he will be wise in his own - Proverbs 26:4

      How to answer the fool_ Promo
      www.youtube.com

      Sye Ten Bruggencate and Kenneth-Jackie Martinez like this.

      (2)

      From: Robert Baty
      Date: Wednesday, April 17, 2013
      Time: About 9:00 PM MT

      I am still waiting for Sye to contact me so that
      we can negotiate the logistical details necessary
      to produce our discussion of his problem in claiming
      he's got a "proof of God" which is NO "proof of God".

      Here's the email address for Sye to use to contact me:

      Maury_and_Baty@yahoogroups.com

      (3)

      From: Bruce Huber
      Date: Wednesday, April 17, 2013
      Time: About 9:15 PM MT

      Hi Mr Baty, I'm not sure why you posted this
      on my link, I don't know Sye personally, I
      just follow him on Facebook. If your looking
      to converse with Sye then maybe you should try
      his Facebook page. But if its just that you
      are having trouble understanding the logical
      proof of God, I hear that Sye is putting out
      a DVD in a few weeks that might help with any
      questions you might have.

      http://americanvision.com/fool

      (4)

      From: Sye Ten Bruggencate
      Date: Wednesday, April 17, 2013
      Time: About 9:20 PM MT

      Bruce, save yourself some grief.
      Block Robert Baty.

      (5)

      From: Robert Baty
      Date: Wednesday, April 17, 2013
      Time: About 9:25 PM MT

      Bruce,

      Sye is running from me.

      He "liked" your reference and it showed up
      on my time line.

      So, I thought it appropriate to make my entry
      here.

      Sye, I am still waiting.

      (6)

      From: Sye Ten Bruggencate
      Date: Wednesday, April 17, 2013
      Time: About 9:30 PM MT

      Robert, even atheists block you for spamming.

      Tell you what, add me on Skype and I'll engage
      you.

      Let's get this over with once and for all.

      (7)

      From: Robert Baty
      Date: Wednesday, April 17, 2013
      Time: About 9:33 PM MT

      Sye,

      When you get ready to come out, come clean and
      openly and honestly negotiate the logistical
      details necessary to produce our one-on-one
      discussion of your "proof of God" claim that,
      I propose, is NO "proof of God", here's that
      email address to use:

      Maury_and_Baty@yahoogroups.com

      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 17, 2013
        https://www.facebook.com/bruce.huber.56?hc_location=stream
        https://www.facebook.com/leblancmaryjo
        https://www.facebook.com/sye.tenbruggencate

        (8)

        From: Mary Jo LeBlanc
        Date: Wednesday, April 17, 2013
        Time: About 9:45 PM MT

        Bruce,

        I concur with Sye's first comment on here:

        save yourself a lot of grief and block this guy.

        (9)

        From: Robert Baty
        Date: Wednesday, April 17, 2013
        Time: About 9:50 PM MT

        Mary, Mary, Mary, just got to try and provide
        cover for Sye and Eric, huh?

        Shame on you, Mary!

        From: Sye Ten Bruggencate
        Date: Wednesday, April 17, 2013
        Time: About 9:20 PM MT

        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 17, 2013
          https://www.facebook.com/bruce.huber.56?hc_location=stream
          https://www.facebook.com/leblancmaryjo
          https://www.facebook.com/sye.tenbruggencate

          (10)

          From: Mary Jo LeBlanc
          Date: Wednesday, April 17, 2013
          Time: About 10:05 PM MT

          If you mean that I want to protect
          my friends from people who would
          shamelessly exploit them, then yes.

          And I don't apologize for it.

          (11)

          From: Robert Baty
          Date: Wednesday, April 17, 2013
          Time: About 10:10 PM MT

          No, Mary Jo, that's not it and you
          know that is not it.

          You need to just "shut up" or use
          your alleged moral superiority on
          Sye and Eric and get them to come
          out, come clean and openly, honestly
          negotiate with me for a little
          one-on-one discussion as to why
          their alleged "proof of God" is
          NO "proof of God".

          (12)

          From: Bruce Huber
          Date: Wednesday, April 17, 2013
          Time: About 10:14 PM MT

          It seems that Sye is willing to
          communicate with you one on one
          via Skype, so why don't you add
          him on Skype and get it over with?

          (13)

          From: Robert Baty
          Date: Wednesday, April 17, 2013
          Time: About 10:15 PM MT

          Bruce, if Sye is ready to negotiate,
          certainly a venue is one of the
          issues to resolve.

          Just use your moral influence on
          him and get him to start the
          negotiations by sending his email
          solicitation to:

          Maury_and_Baty@yahoogroups.com

          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 17, 2013
            https://www.facebook.com/bruce.huber.56?hc_location=stream
            https://www.facebook.com/leblancmaryjo
            https://www.facebook.com/sye.tenbruggencate

            (14)

            From: Robert Baty
            Date: Wednesday, April 17, 2013
            Time: About 10:30 PM MT

            Should Sye initiate contact via email
            at the address given, the negotiations
            will be public and archived at:

            My previous history with Sye and Eric
            and others similarly inclined is also
            archived there.

            Anyone can post, and y'all are invited
            if you think there is something of
            interest you want to comment on there
            or some subject you want to introduce
            for our consideration.

            That email address, for ready reference, is:

            Maury_and_Baty@yahoogroups.com

            -----------------------------------
            -----------------------------------
            Message 5 of 10 , Apr 17, 2013
              https://www.facebook.com/bruce.huber.56?hc_location=stream
              https://www.facebook.com/leblancmaryjo
              https://www.facebook.com/sye.tenbruggencate

              (15)

              From: Bruce Huber
              Date: Wednesday, April 17, 2013
              Time: About 11:25 PM MT

              Well Mr Baty, it seems like a some
              folks find you less than honorable
              in your previous dealings with them.

              I might be willing to answer any
              serious questions you might have
              (to the best of my abilities), but
              please be specific in your questioning
              so that I can understand the context
              from which your coming from.

              (16)

              From: Robert Baty
              Date: Wednesday, April 17, 2013
              Time: About 11:30 PM MT

              Bruce, I think the more objective
              and honest who might consider my
              efforts to have a negotiated discussion
              with Sye and or Eric would conclude
              those less honorable have been Eric
              and Sye and their supporters.

              If you wish to engage in a discussion
              (it's really a rather simple matter)
              of why it is that Sye's "proof of God"
              is NO "proof of God", simply address
              your email message to initiate the
              discussion to:

              Maury_and_Baty@yahoogroups.com .

              That will establish your own honor,
              your good faith, and allow you, unlike
              Sye and others, to requite my love.

              As noted above, you will be able to
              follow the discussion at the link
              above.

              -------------------------------------
              -------------------------------------
              Message 6 of 10 , Apr 17, 2013
                ---

                https://www.facebook.com/bruce.huber.56 (Bruce)
                https://www.facebook.com/leblancmaryjo (Mary)
                https://www.facebook.com/sye.tenbruggencate (Sye)

                (17)

                From: Robert Baty
                Date: Wednesday, April 17, 2013
                Time: About 11:50 PM MT

                Bruce,

                If you simply can't bring yourself
                to come around my place, here's a
                little alternative primer to get
                you started here:

                Sye and Eric claim:

                - "The proof that God exists is
                - that without him you can't
                - know anything."
                -
                -- Sye Ten Bruggencate
                -- Eric Hovind

                Would you agree that the claim
                implies the following argument?

                Major Premise:

                - If God did not exist,
                - then you couldn't know anything.

                Minor Premise:

                - You can know something.

                Conclusion:

                - God exists.

                Would you agree with me that the
                argument is so constructed that
                if its premises are true its
                conclusion will follow as true
                therefrom?

                For purposes of this exercise,
                that is the stipulated definition
                of a logically valid argument.

                Would you agree with me that the
                argument is NOT circular?

                Stipulated Definition of Circular Argument:

                -----------------------------------
                -----------------------------------
                Message 7 of 10 , Apr 18, 2013
                  ---

                  https://www.facebook.com/bruce.huber.56 (Bruce)
                  https://www.facebook.com/leblancmaryjo (Mary)
                  https://www.facebook.com/sye.tenbruggencate (Sye)
                  https://www.facebook.com/robert.pavich.18 (Pavich)
                  https://www.facebook.com/ThreeOrMore (Mark)

                  (18)

                  From: Sye Ten Bruggencate
                  Date: Thursday, April 18, 2013
                  Time: About 4:00 AM MT

                  Is anyone surprised by Robert Baty's
                  unwillingness to engage me on Skype?

                  (19)

                  From: Robert Pavich
                  Date: Thursday, April 18, 2013
                  Time: About 5:00 AM MT

                  Quoting Sye,

                  - Is anyone surprised by
                  - Robert Baty's unwillingness
                  - to engage me on Skype?

                  I'm not...I guess I don't get
                  why he doesn't just Skype,
                  record, post, and be done
                  with you.

                  (20)

                  From: Mark Henderson
                  Date: Thursday, April 18, 2013
                  Time: About 7:15 AM MT

                  Because that doesn't fit his agenda

                  (21)

                  From: Robert Baty
                  Date: Thursday, April 18, 2013
                  Time: About 7:20 AM MT

                  Sye, I don't do Skype,
                  but you do email.

                  Come around my place and we can
                  discuss the venue as well as
                  other necessary logistical details.

                  Who knows, we just might be able
                  to figure out a way to bring me
                  up to speed and use Skype as a
                  venue.

                  Here's that email address for
                  your convenience:

                  Maury_and_Baty@yahoogroups.com

                  And here's the group address to
                  follow along via the public archives:

                  (Anybody surprised that Sye continues
                  his show of bad faith by refusing to
                  negotiate the necessary logistical
                  details to make the proposed exchange
                  most productive? Maybe it has something
                  to with his "agenda". Maybe that will
                  all be made clearer if Sye ever comes
                  out, comes clean, and openly and honestly
                  engages in the negotiations.)

                  (22)

                  From: Robert Baty
                  Date: Thursday, April 18, 2013
                  Time: About 7:30 AM MT

                  If the latest interlopers have a
                  serious interest in these important
                  public issues, they are welcome to
                  take up for Bruce and Sye answer
                  those preliminary questions to get
                  the substantive discussion initiated
                  that ultimately demonstrates why Sye's
                  and Eric's claimed "proof of God" is
                  NO "proof of God".

                  ----------------------------------
                  ----------------------------------
                  Message 8 of 10 , Apr 18, 2013
                    ---

                    Sean Boatman returns as an interloper here!

                    https://www.facebook.com/bruce.huber.56 (Bruce)
                    https://www.facebook.com/leblancmaryjo (Mary)
                    https://www.facebook.com/sye.tenbruggencate (Sye)
                    https://www.facebook.com/robert.pavich.18 (Pavich)
                    https://www.facebook.com/ThreeOrMore (Mark)
                    https://www.facebook.com/sean.boatman.9 (Sean)

                    (23)

                    From: Sye Ten Bruggencate
                    Date: Thursday, April 18, 2013
                    Time: About 8:30 AM MT

                    > //"Sye, I don't do Skype"//

                    Take it or leave it.

                    (24)

                    From: Sean Boatman
                    Date: Thursday, April 18, 2013
                    Time: About 8:35 AM MT

                    Oh noes......the Robert again.

                    He lost me months ago at
                    'requite my love'.

                    (25)

                    From: Sean Boatman
                    Date: Thursday, April 18, 2013
                    Time: About 8:45 AM MT

                    It's fascinating that Robert can
                    run a Yahoo Group, post to a Forbes
                    page, copy and paste links here,
                    connect with people in an effort
                    to get to Sye via Facebook etc.
                    yet somehow finds downloading a
                    free program (Skype) to resolve
                    this issue once and for all a
                    challenge.

                    Come on Robert, step up and get
                    this over with. You have been
                    after this for months.

                    You have an offer to debate this
                    via Skype on the table.

                    Do us all a favor and take it.

                    (26)

                    From: Robert Pavich
                    Date: Thursday, April 18, 2013
                    Time: About 9:15 PM MT

                    Robert Baty,

                    Quote:

                    > Sye, I don't do Skype,
                    > but you do email.

                    Yeah...and I know why too (guessing)
                    In an email you don't have to make
                    sense in "real time"...you can just
                    pontificate and nobody calls your
                    bluff.

                    That's the difference between real
                    time conversations and email exchanges
                    ...which is why Skype is a better
                    venue for this discussion.

                    (27)

                    From: Robert Baty
                    Date: Thursday, April 18, 2013
                    Time: About 9:20 AM MT

                    Sye continues his run and demonstration
                    of bad faith, refusing to openly, honestly
                    engage in the appropriate negotiations so
                    as to produce the desired one-on-one
                    discussion as to why his "proof of God"
                    claim provides NO "proof of God".

                    You gotta love Sye's "take it or leave
                    it approach".

                    Good show, Sye, very good show. But I
                    am longsuffering and my invitation to
                    you remains and I stand prepared to
                    produce the one-on-one chat about your
                    problem if you ever repent and engage
                    in the negotiations designed to insure
                    a most productive exchange.

                    Sean Boatman tried and failed as did
                    his sidekick Jason Bradford. I detect
                    a continuing sorehead in the appearance
                    of Sean here.

                    "Come on"...Sye and any who wish to
                    openly and honestly and seriously
                    discuss why it is that Sye's "proof
                    of God" claim is NO "proof of God".

                    The offer is "on the table" all ye
                    Sye-like presuppositionalists.

                    Run!
                    See them run!

                    I would, however, that ye repent and
                    join me in resolving the logistical
                    details necessary to produce the
                    proposed discussion.

                    Otherwise, for a more informal chat,
                    the questions I presented to Bruce
                    remain for your answers which you
                    can send to the following email
                    address to get started:

                    Maury_and_Baty@yahoogroups.com

                    See you there,
                    or not!

                    (28)

                    From: Robert Baty
                    Date: Thursday, April 18, 2013
                    Time: About 9:25 AM MT

                    Sye, are your meaning to
                    explicitly reject any proposal
                    that we engage in a written
                    discussion of why I propose
                    that your "proof of God" is
                    NO "proof of God".

                    Please answer "yes" or "no".

                    ---------------------------------------
                    ---------------------------------------
                    Message 9 of 10 , Apr 18, 2013
                      ---

                      Another interloper joins in: David Ashley

                      https://www.facebook.com/bruce.huber.56 (Bruce)
                      https://www.facebook.com/leblancmaryjo (Mary)
                      https://www.facebook.com/sye.tenbruggencate (Sye)
                      https://www.facebook.com/robert.pavich.18 (Pavich)