Re: Calling Eric Hovind to Repentance!

    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 11, 2013
      (Oops! Had to edit that to eliminate all of the earlier references to Sye Ten Bruggencate who is also called to repent of claiming a "proof of God" that is NO "proof of God". - RLBaty)

      CALLING ERIC HOVIND TO REPENTANCE!

      This is from one more philosophic and analytical than I.

      It helps provide some perspective/context for my simple claim that Eric Hovind repent and quit claiming his "proof of God" is a "proof of God" when
      it is NOT, NOT, NOT a "proof of God".

      http://www.oocities.org/athens/sparta/1019/Morgue/Walker.htm

      (begin excerpt)

      The irony providing the backdrop of these findings is the fact that, as an
      apologetic method, presuppositionalism does nothing to prove the claim that a
      god exists, Christian or otherwise, a minimal expectation for an argumentative
      scheme which postures itself as championing "an argument for the existence of
      God."

      Whether or not this is a failure of depends on whether or not its exponents
      consider such a proof to be one of presuppositionalism's goals (and it's
      certainly not always clear that they do).

      And even if presuppositionalists allow that their apologetic is not intended to
      prove the existence of the Christian god, this recognition alone does not seem
      sufficient to keep them from carrying on as if they had such a proof.

      (end excerpt)
    • piasanaol
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 12, 2013
        From: rlbaty50
        It helps provide some perspective/context for my simple claim that Eric Hovind
        repent and quit claiming his "proof of God" is a "proof of God" when
        it is NOT, NOT, NOT a "proof of God".

        Pi:
        What do you expect from someone who presents science at a 4th grade level and thinks he's showing up PhD's who have been working in these disciplines for dozens of years?