Re: [M & B] Re: Eric Hovind wants $600,000.00 more in next 12 months!

  • piasanaol
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 6 11:13 PM

      First thing I notice is that's gross income, not net income.

      Then we look at the drop from 2010 to 2011... about 23%... of gross.  A similar loss in 2012 would put them around ....  730,698.  I bet that's getting pretty close to the bone.  Then there's that big new video project....

      Eric also mentions a 10% pay cut which only done when an organization is fighting for survival.

      If he gets the $600,000 that might just bring them up to about 1.3 million .... only about 100,000 above what they made in 2010... that's about an 8% increase over three years ....  probably not much more than inflation.

      I suspect you are entirely correct that GodQuest Ministries is in deep financial doo-doo.

      It's entirely likely Kent's followers are drifting away.

      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 7 7:41 AM
        --- In Maury_and_Baty@yahoogroups.com,
        PIASAN@... wrote, in part:

        > I suspect you are entirely correct that GodQuest
        > Ministries is in deep financial doo-doo.
        >
        > It's entirely likely Kent's followers are drifting
        > away.

        It's all quite speculative of course, and we may never know the details.

        That, however, provides us with a reasonable basis for taking a little credit/blame for these developments in the history of young-earth creation-science businesses like that operated by the Hovinds.

        Many will not appreciate our efforts nor "give honor where honor is due".

        Despite the changes that might be made in the Hovind operations, it is unlikely they will go far enough and there will be much work left to do; others will probably have to take up that task. They really do need more help than my little ministry is able to provide; even if they were openly receptive of what little I might do for them.