Re: Sye Ten Bruggencate - "The April Fool"!

    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 1 7:49 AM
      "rlbaty50" <rlbaty@...> wrote:

      > Sye's big April 1 announcement is now
      > available on YouTube at:
      >
      > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MM1AWO92Crc&feature=youtu.be

      Sye's commercial interests come through in that if you order now you can get his tape for $25.00. Otherwise, after it is actually released, you may have to pay $30.00.

      Wait a little longer and you may be able to get it for $1.00.

      ----------------------------------

      http://americanvision.com/fool

      How to Answer the Fool: a Presuppositional Defense of the Faith

      RRP:
      $29.95

      Your Price:
      $24.95 (You save $5.00)

      Expected release date is 3rd May 2013

      Product Description

      Pre-Order Now and Receive Free Shipping!

      "The fool has said in his heart, 'There is no God'." - Psalm 14:1

      Not since the late Dr. Greg Bahnsen debated Dr. Gordon Stein in The Great Debate: Does God Exist? have we really seen presuppositional apologetics in action. And few have taken it into culture to show that there are only two positions, Christ...or absurdity.

      But wait no more... Apologist Sye Ten Bruggencate takes this apologetic to the streets and Universities exposing the logical inconsistencies of the unbeliever (and dare we say some 'Christians') by showing that we don't need 'evidence' to prove that God exists. For as Romans 1:18-21 declares:

      "The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities - his eternal power and divine nature - have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened."

      Primarily designed for small group and Sunday School classes, How to Answer the Fool is a useful tool for individual study as an eye-opening, cinematic message, deliberately and strategically teaching you how to defend the Faith. Answering the call of Scripture to 'be ready in season and out of season' in order that we may '...always being prepared to make a defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in [us].'

      "Within a minute or two you'll see highly intelligent college students stunned at their inability to answer questions about knowledge and ethics. This six-part video series is a game-changer, not only for the unbelieving world but also for Christian apologists who compromise the gospel by arguing for the possibility that God exists and not the certainty of God's existence." - Gary DeMar

      Complete Set includes:

      • DVD with 6 cinematic lessons

      • Study guide

      Produced by American Vision in association with Crown Rights Media. Copyright 2013 | All rights reserved.

      --------------------------------------
      --------------------------------------
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 1 10:18 AM
        "rlbaty50" <rlbaty@...> wrote, in part:

        > Sye's big April 1 announcement is now
        > available on YouTube at:
        >
        > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MM1AWO92Crc&feature=youtu.be

        ---

        Sye Ten Bruggencate's fundamental problem!

        In his most recent self-promotion, Sye sets up Greg Bahnsen as his presuppositional champion. That helps to identify Sye's fundamental problem when he claims that he has the "proof of God" (i.e., "if God doesn't exist, then you can't prove anything").

        Greg Bahnsen claims:

        - Transcendentals are not falsifiable.
        - ...they are not falsifiable.
        -
        -- Greg Bahnsen
        -- Bahnsen-Stein Debate

        Greg's and Sye's transcendental "proof of God" claims are, according to them, not falsifiable.

        Sye, apparently, is confused in thinking an unfalsifiable claim is equivalent to affirmative "proof".

        I don't think so!

        Sye has implicitly, if not explicitly, given up his efforts to establish the truth of his transcendental claims.

        Sye needs to come out, come clean and admit that his "proof of God" claims are NOT "proofs of God".

      • piasanaol
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 1 11:09 AM
          From: rlbaty50
          Sye needs to come out, come clean and admit that his "proof of God" claims are
          NOT "proofs of God".

          Pi:
          Won't happen.  Sye claims he has a "presupposition" and it is to the opponent to show his "presupposition" is false.... which he says can't be done.

          Basically, Sye says his proof is "because I say so."  His presupposition is not open to challenge or question.

          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 1 2:59 PM
            Here's a little information about Sye's choice of a commercial promoter for his wares:

            http://www.guidestar.org/organizations/58-1374143/american-vision.aspx

            American Vision, Inc.
            3150 Florence Rd Ste A-2
            Powder Springs, GA 30127

            Web URL: http://www.americanvision.org

            Mission Statement

            EDUCATION AS TO THE EXISTENCE OF GOD AND GOVERNMENT

            Last Form 990 on file with GuideStar:
            Year Ended December 31, 2010

            Chairman: Ira Moore

            President: Gary Demar
            Office Manager: David Demar
            Internet Manager: James Demar

            Executive Vice-President: Brandon Vallorani

            2010 Total Receipts: $1,315,150.00
            2009 Total Receipts: $1,556,955.00
            2008 Total Receipts: $1,995,118.00
            2007 Total Receipts: $1,936,043.00

            http://americanvision.org/about/staff-profiles/

            President Gary Demar:

            Gary is a graduate of Western Michigan University (1973)
            and earned his M.Div. at Reformed Theological Seminary in
            1979. Author of countless essays, news articles, and more
            than 27 book titles, he has been featured by nearly every
            major news media outlet. Gary also has hosted The Gary
            DeMar Show, History Unwrapped and the Gary DeMar's Vantage
            Point Webshow and is a regular contributor to
            AmericanVision.org. Gary has lived in the Atlanta area
            since 1979... Gary (is a) member of Midway Presbyterian
            Church (PCA).