Another "corporation sole" preacher goes down!

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 27, 2013
      Look for the connections to the Kent Hovind case noted in the article:

      http://www.forbes.com/sites/peterjreilly/2013/03/27/tax-court-does-not-buy-vow-of-poverty-of-prophetess/

      --------------------------------------
      --------------------------------------
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 27, 2013
        "rlbaty50" <rlbaty@...> wrote:

        > Look for the connections to the Kent Hovind
        > case noted in the article:
        >
        > http://www.forbes.com/sites/peterjreilly/2013/03/27/tax-court-does-not-buy-vow-of-poverty-of-prophetess/

        My readers' comment following the article:

        From: RLBaty
        Date: Wednesday, March 27, 2013
        Time: About 7:45 PM MT

        Peter, you wrote in part, regarding Kent Hovind's use of the "corporation sole":

        - "He (Kent Hovind) just ran the scheme for himself."

        I would not give him that benefit of the doubt. Kent was pretty good in preaching his anti-government, anti-tax message to his young-earth creation-science constituency.

        I am not aware of any statistics that have been published regarding the extent to which there has been enforcement efforts involving protesters that tie directly back to Kent Hovind's preaching. Such may never be known, and part of the problem with that may be due to the fact that Hovind promoted the scams of others as part of his preaching/teaching.

        Here's an excerpt from the recent case of Kent's wife (Kent's Tax Court decision being expected to come down any day now):

        - "In addition to merchandise promoting the message
        - of creation science, CSE (the Hovind ministry) sold
        - books and videotapes promoting anti-government and
        - tax-protester arguments.
        -
        - For example, CSE sold "Good News for 1040 Filers",
        - a video by Joe Sweet, an individual who promoted
        - the use of unincorporated business trust organizations
        - to evade Federal income tax. The catalog description
        - states that the video "[e]xplains how income tax is
        - voluntary for most people". Mr. Sweet has been
        - permanently enjoined from organizing, promoting,
        - marketing, or selling the tax shelter, plan, or
        - arrangement entitled `GOOD NEWS for FORM 1040 Filers:
        - Your Compliance is Strictly VOLUNTARY! BAD NEW'."