Atheist vs Theist Debates (FaceBook): Bruggencate v. Baty!

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 25, 2013
      I was just referred to this group as a place that Sye Ten Bruggencate hangs out at, though I may not be able to see his postings because he has me blocked. Sye seems to have a number of his surrogates who frequent that group and so I may get some interest even if Sye remains in hiding.

      So, I thought I would try this:

      https://www.facebook.com/groups/156522841147889/

      (1)

      From: Robert Baty
      Date: Monday, March 25, 2013
      Time: About 8:00 PM MT

      Sye Ten Bruggencate,

      Come out, come out, if you are out there!

      We've got some unfinished business to deal with!

      - "The Proof that God exists
      - is that without Him you couldn't
      - prove anything."
      -
      -- Affirmed: Sye Ten Bruggencate

      The following transcendental arguments are implied:

      Major Premises:

      - IF you can prove something,
      - THEN God exists.

      or

      - IF God does not exist,
      - THEN you can't prove anything.

      Minor Premise:

      - You can prove something.

      Conclusion:

      - Therefore, God exists.

      Question #1:

      Do you think the argument is so
      constructed that if its premises
      are true its conclusion will
      follow as true therefrom?

      - Sye Ten Bruggencate - ???
      - Robert Baty - Yes

      Question #2:

      Do you think the minor premise
      is true?

      - Sye Ten Bruggencate - ???
      - Robert Baty - Yes

      Question #3:

      Do you think the major premise
      is true?

      - Sye Ten Bruggencate - ???
      - Robert Baty - No

      Sye, you could make it easy by simply admitting that my
      analysis is accurate and that, while you believe the
      major premise to be true, you cannot establish the truth
      thereof except by imposing your transcendental presuppositions thereon; which demonstrates it fails as a "proof of God".

      It's No "proof", Sye.

      You know that now, don't you?

      I'd just like your explicit acknowledgement so that we can
      bring our engagement to a reasonable conclusion.