Fox News' Bill O'Reilly & Ned Netterville!

    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 21, 2013
      How timely!

      I don't know how accurate the reporting is, but it ties in with what Ned is promoting!

      I guess it has something to do with Bill's book "Killing Jesus"!

      http://lezgetreal.com/2013/03/can-the-catholic-church-please-disown-oreilly-now/

      Can The Catholic Church Please Disown O'Reilly Now?

      Posted by: Linda Carbonell on March 21, 2013.

      (excerpts)

      William James O'Reilly, Jr., attended St. Brigid parochial
      school in Westbury, Long Island, New York, and Chaminade
      High School, a parochial school in Mineola.

      He graduated from Marist College, which was then a Catholic institution, in Poughkeepsie, New York in 1970. From 1970
      to 1972, he taught English and history at Monsignor Pace
      High School in Miami Gardens, Florida.

      He was 4 and 0 for Catholic education.

      So how the hell can Bill O'Reilly, the Fox News star,
      say totally stupid things like Christ was born 3,000
      years ago and was killed by the Romans because He
      opposed taxation?

      Opposed taxation?

      Did his Jesuit instructors manage to miss Mark 12:17,

      > "Render unto Caesar that which is Caesar's
      > and unto God that which is God's"?

      That's one of the top five quotes used to defend our secular government against the forces of theology.

      Nonetheless, O'Reilly's latest pronouncement from his
      personal Mount is that Christ died for opposing taxation.

      It's part of his justifications for supporting the Ryan budget
      and the Bush tax cuts and anything that might threaten his
      income with additional taxes.

      Last year, O'Reilly swore that if President Obama raised his
      taxes, O'Reilly would quit, shut down his business enterprises,
      fire all his employees, walk away rather than let Obama get a
      penny more of his money.

      Well, just like Rush Limbaugh threatening to move to Costa
      Rica (where they have nationalized health care, by the way)
      if Obamacare was passed, O'Reilly is still here and still
      spouting nonsense.

      O'Reilly only earns $10 million a year, and has a net worth
      in the $50 million range. That makes him seriously poor
      compared to Rush, who is estimated to have earned $69 million
      last year and is worth around $350 million.

      But Christ died because of taxes.

      In O'Reilly's revisionist Bible, Christ died for a really
      mundane reason. Sort of takes the whole miracle thing out
      of His life and death, doesn't it?

      Maybe Cardinal Dolan should spend more time cracking down
      on highly public Catholics who abuse the message of Christ
      for political points and less time worrying about health
      insurance coverage for non-Catholics.

      -------------------------------
      -------------------------------
    • Ned Netterville

        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 21, 2013
          I guess your comment there will have to be processed and approved before it's posted and we can see it.

          Ned Netterville <nednetterville@...> wrote:

          > Robert,
          >
          > Wow! I'll say. I'd call it quite a coincidence
          > if I believed in coincidences. Thanks for spotting
          > it particularly for the comment you left on Linda's
          > blog.
          >
          > I added my two cents. ktf, Ned
          >
          > On Thu, Mar 21, 2013 at 8:25 PM,
          > rlbaty50 <rlbaty@...> wrote:
          >
          >> How timely!
          >>
          >> I don't know how accurate the reporting
          >> is, but it ties in with what Ned is
          >> promoting!
          >>
          >> I guess it has something to do with
          >> Bill's book "Killing Jesus"!
          >>

          >> http://lezgetreal.com/2013/03/can-the-catholic-church-please-disown-oreilly-now/
        • bucksburg
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 22, 2013
            --- In Maury_and_Baty@yahoogroups.com, "rlbaty50" <rlbaty@...> quoted:
            >> Well, just like Rush Limbaugh threatening to move to Costa Rica (where they have nationalized health care, by the way) if Obamacare was passed, O'Reilly is still here and still spouting nonsense.<<

            Costa Rica does not have nationalized heath care. Costa Rica has a Social Security system, which incorporates medical care, just as the US does. Costa Ricans who are dissatisfied with the low quality of care available through Social Security are free to avail themselves of private medical care, which, of course, is not free.

            Daniel Buck