RE: [M & B] Ned Netterville introduces himself, kinda!

  • <ned@...>
    Message 1 of 14 , Mar 20, 2013
      Robert,

      Neither I nor my dog Tinkerbelle (a 100 lb Oorang Airedale) license. Many municipal-court judges in Ohio think the state has the authority to require a license, for such benign, inalienable activities as traveling by the most convenient means. The judges seem not to be constrained by the teaching of Jesus against the use of force, whereas I am, so I have often been jailed for the non-crime crime of NOL--no operator's license. Very serious criminal activity, what? One judge gave me 90 days for NOL, longer than most of the multiple DUI offenders I broke bread with in the Lake County lockup. I've also had some overnight stays for public intoxication and DUI, a couple of them reduced to "physical control" because those offenses took place before M.A.D. forced the traffic authorities to make drunk driving a serious offense.

      How about you? Have you a criminal or misdemeanant history? I've long supposed most IRS agents who get caught with their hands in the til are quietly dismissed from the Service without being criminally charged in order to keep the public from rebelling against paying their taxes if they sense that their money is disappearing before it reaches its destination. I am awed by the ability of IRS PR to paint the agency and its staff in rose-colored hues and non-payers as dangerous enemies of the state.

      Message 2 of 14 , Mar 20, 2013
        Robert, Tha's fine, but why not remove this address from your roles, send to my other one, so I don't get duplicates. Thanks, Ned

        Message 3 of 14 , Mar 20, 2013
          Ned, you wrote, in part:

          > Robert,...why not remove this address
          > from your roles, send to my other one,
          > so I don't get duplicates.

          And so I have; leaving your "gmail" address as the member address.

        • <ned@...>
          Message 4 of 14 , Mar 20, 2013
            Robert, Unable to listen now. Thanks for giving him my name, I guess. Not sure I'd do it. The last time I did a radio show expressing my views on taxes, I got a call from a guy who was being hounded by the IRS and pleaded with me to see if I could help him. I agreed to meet and talk to him. As a five to ten year member of AA, I immediately recognized that this fellas' primary problem was alcoholism, so I asked him if he'd ever been to AA and he acknowledged he had. He started going to meetings with me and soon asked me to be his AA "sponsor." I also tried to help him with his IRS problem, but there was little I could do or advise before the Service snatched about $120,000 out of a joint bank account he shared with his somewhat retarded brother, money they had inherited from their mother and/or father. His really bad problem in all this was that the amount they had inherited was about twice the $120K, but John had lost half of it day trading stocks without telling his brother what he was doing in a desperate attempt to acquire the funds to pay the IRS, so that all of the remaining funds that were confiscated by the IRS actually belonged to his brother. When he was unable to stop the IRS from confiscating the funds he sank into a deep depression and sounded vaguely suicidal. The last time I saw him I asked him if he owned a gun and he allowed that he did. I asked him to give it to me to hold for him until he was feeling better, but he said no, not to worry, he wasn't going to shoot himself. When I didn't hear from him for about 3 weeks and he wasn't answering his phone, I went over to his house to find a coroners notice of his death tacked to the door. Seems he had crawled underneath his car parked in his driveway where he put the pistol in his mouth and shot himself. ktf, Ned

            Message 5 of 14 , Mar 20, 2013
              Robert, Couldn't get to it. Off to bed. Ned

              If you tune in to Jones' show, be careful not to confuse him with his guest.

              Robert

              --- In Maury_and_Baty@yahoogroups.com,
              "rlbaty50" <rlbaty@...> wrote:

              > Ned,
              >
              > Michael W. Jones is on air as I type this at:
              >
              > http://www.ustream.tv/channel/ncg-studios
              >
              > You might find him interesting.
              >
              > I think the two of you ought to get together
              > and chat on one of his shows.
              >
              > I just sent him a message via his FaceBook
              > page suggesting he consider you as a guest;
              > and giving him the reference to your personal
              > story as presented in the introduction of your
              > book (starting page 3).
              >
              > If y'all get together, I will certainly try to
              > tune in for that chat.

              ----------------------
              ----------------------

            • Ned Netterville
              Message 6 of 14 , Mar 20, 2013
                Robert, This is the better email address to use. Please drop the other one. Thanks, Ned

                On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 9:17 PM, rlbaty50 <rlbaty@...> wrote:

                Ned,

                I accidentally sent an invitation to that other email address you recently suggested might be preferable.

                You should be able to ignore that.

                I have added that other address to our membership rolls. You should get a confirmation of that.

                Love your enemies; it befuddles 'em!--Ned Netterville
                Message 7 of 14 , Mar 20, 2013
                  Ned, you wrote, in part:

                  > I've also had some overnight stays for public
                  > intoxication and DUI...
                  >
                  > How about you?
                  >
                  > Have you a criminal or misdemeanant history?
                  >
                  > I've long supposed most IRS agents who get caught
                  > with their hands in the til are quietly dismissed
                  > from the Service without being criminally charged
                  > in order to keep the public from rebelling against
                  > paying their taxes if they sense that their money
                  > is disappearing before it reaches its destination.

                  You might like to search through the archives (there is a search feature here) regarding my kerfuffle with the atheist from Las Vegas who dared to try and challenge me, and brought his friends along to give it a try as well.

                  In the course of getting the better of them, I happened to mention, without any idea that it would garner such reactions, Carl Kaun's oft-mentioned drinking habits. It was fun when they mentioned it, but they went ballistic when I mentioned it. I later questioned whether he might have been recently arrested for DUI and it put them over the edge.

                  I won.
                  They lost.

                  You can search "Carl Kaun" here using the search feature and have a little fun reviewing that history of mine.

                  I do not recall any criminal or misdemeanor record in my resume.

                  I suspect that the IRS employees would fare better than your former, alleged financial profession when it comes to money-handling issues; and maybe even your choice of business activities since that time.

                  I don't, however, condone the misconduct when it occurs in the IRS or elsewhere.

                  I never handled that much money. I was an auditor, reviewer and appeals officer. I could fuss over how much someone might owe or be entitled to get back and in those cases it was up to the taxpayer as to how to handle the financial results. If he didn't want to pay me, that was fine; a bill would be sent and it would become a collection issue if not satisfied.

                  Most of the bad press comes from the Collection Division.

                  If you search "Cadrecha" on the Forbes site you will find an article from Peter dealing with the Cadrecha case. After Cadrecha lost in the claims court Peter wrote his article and Peter asked me to look it over.

                  At first I hadn't thought there was anything there for me to deal with; the de-mutualization issue being a little above my pay grade.

                  However, unrelated to that issue, I was later able to lay out the case that would eventually allow Cadrecha to beat down the IRS and the Justice Department on appeal. A secret deal was struck and the case closed without having the appeals court take official notice as to just how fouled up the case was and how wrong the IRS, Justice Department and Claims Court had been.

                  You'll have to review the readers' comment following that article to get the scoop on that. Here's the link:

                  http://www.forbes.com/sites/peterjreilly/2012/04/11/cpa-need-to-know-when-to-call-in-tax-attorney/

                  Oh, yeah, there was also that case in which I was the "star witness" for Toni Baumann (and the Government) against her ex-husband. Peter also published my article dealing with that case.

                  Here's the link on that which will help explain a little about what I did as a public servant:

                  http://www.forbes.com/sites/peterjreilly/2012/05/12/irs-veteran-on-innocent-spouse-cases/

                  There's a link to the full text of the case in the text of the story there. The Court starts talkin' about me on the bottom of page 6.

                  By the way, if you were only driving on private roads, how could you be ticketed for driving without a license?

                  Message 8 of 14 , Mar 20, 2013
                    Ned, you wrote, in part:

                    > Robert,
                    >
                    > Unable to listen now.
                    >
                    > Thanks for giving him (Michael W. Jones) my name,
                    > I guess.
                    >
                    > Not sure I'd do it.
                    >
                    > The last time I did a radio show expressing my
                    > views on taxes...

                    Taxes might not even be much of a subject.

                    Michael is kinda like you when it comes to giving up the "old time religion" and he's trying to make a go of his "New Covenant Group".

                    He seems to specialize on people who have given up the "old time religion".

                    He claims to be a Ph.D. and a linguist and deals with a lot of stuff that you take on in your exposition of the scriptures.

                    Maybe the two of you could work on reaching an agreement on those texts fundamental to your position on taxes and government. I don't what position he might take on all of that.

                    I think the two of you might be a good match.

                    I've clashed with some of his favored folks; the record of which is archived here.

                    Michael did express thanks on making the suggestion to him. Maybe we'll hear more about that; maybe not.

                    Doesn't hurt to offer the suggestion, and so I did.

                  • Ned Netterville
                    Message 9 of 14 , Mar 21, 2013
                      Robert, Thanks again for suggesting me to him. Ned

                      Message 10 of 14 , Mar 21, 2013

                        I don't know if you've checked out his FaceBook page, but he more recently wrote the following:

                        > "Since bibles are so full of hyperbole,
                        > theists can't help but exaggerate their
                        > theism. So, whatever interpretation that
                        > a theist gives concerning a passage, then
                        > it's more than likely well beyond the
                        > intent of its author.
                        >
                        >> ~michael w. jones
                        >> https://www.facebook.com/ncgadmin

                        I used that to put in another plug for the prospects that you and him might get together and deal with issues regarding Jesus, Government, and Taxes.

                        By the way, Michael likes pseudonyms too. He uses "Kaine Diatheke" for his pseudonym.