Did Greg Brahe really say those things!

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 9, 2013
      Despite my efforts, I have not been able to get Michael W. Jones supporters to come out, come clean, requite my love, and make their appearances here in order to discuss their problems with my Atheism 101 Critical Thinking Exercise.

      They are a strange lot.

      My work there appears to be done, and the invitation remains open for them to get out a bit and try their hand at discussing their problems here; what I consider a better venue for such discussions.

      Here's a curious entry, give the context above, from Greg Brahe, one my adversaries there, and his personal website:

      http://inspiringdoubt.com/blog/2011/12/coming-out-the-personal-consequences-of-honesty-and-activism/#more-488

      Coming Out:

      The Personal Consequences of Honesty and Activism
      coming-out-the-personal-consequences-of-honesty-and-activism

      This blog is about controversial topics, and by design.

      Chris and I believe that the things that people avoid
      discussing or the things that the media avoids broadcasting
      are some of the most important topics of today, which is
      why they are so often avoided.

      Today, I run a blog and actively promote skepticism about
      religion, government and everything else in life, but that
      has not always been the case.

      This is my story.

      I have always been driven to discuss the undiscussable
      and the challenge the unchallengable, but for years I
      was just like most people: I avoided controversial topics
      in all but anonymous forums (such as the site Debating
      Christianity & Religion) and my more freethinking friends.

      I have had many of the most interesting conversations of
      my life studying the Bible with a friend that is Jehovah's
      Witness and have enjoyed the comfort in knowing that he is
      used to being challenged.

      It was not until the Facebook post below that I was
      comfortable discussing these things with everybody and
      wearing my thoughts – and their intertwined emotions –
      on my sleeve.

      Doing so was a risk; it was something I had feared for
      quite some time as I was aware that it was likely to cost
      me friendships and put strain on family relationships.

      I feared the reaction of my Catholic Mother-in-law that
      had learned that her other daughter was also in love with
      an atheist (she has been very accepting an accommodating
      by the way).

      I feared that the truth would change the opinions of me
      that others held, and to some extent, I was right.

      I have been "unfriended" on Facebook by several people that,
      although they still consider me a friend, cannot handle
      reading the things that I write.

      I have been blocked by a few people and threatened by a few strangers. I made a choice not only to be honest about myself,
      but to be active about my beliefs and to start the conversations.

      I am an activist: to me this is important enough to start a
      website and recruit people.

      If I am successful in generating more interest in these topics, generating questions in people's minds and spurring conversations with their friends, I feel I have succeeded.

      Chris and I spent quite some time deciding on a name for this
      project and in the end we settled on one of the few things that
      we can agree on: