Re: Andrew Austin and the Atheism 101 Critical Thinking Exercise

    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 7, 2013
      Andrew Austin has run off from the invitation!

      https://www.facebook.com/greg.brahe/posts/846217802427?comment_id=3226600

      https://www.facebook.com/AndrewWAustin

      - From: Andrew Austin
      - Date: Thursday, March 7, 2013
      - Time: About 10:25 PM MT
      -
      - Robert,
      -
      - I have no interest in feeding your Yahoo
      - space.
      -
      - If you cannot prove the existence of your
      - god here then you have no argument.

      "rlbaty50" <rlbaty@...> wrote:

      https://www.facebook.com/greg.brahe/posts/846217802427?comment_id=3226600

      https://www.facebook.com/AndrewWAustin

      (1)

      - From: Andrew Austin
      - Date: Thursday, March 7, 2013
      - Time: About 9:25 AM MT
      -
      - (excerpt)
      -
      - God, on the other hand, is imaginary.

      Go to the link to see other, related, interesting, supplemental claims from
      Andrew regarding that.

      The Atheism 101 Argument for Andrew Austin

      MAJOR PREMISE:

      > IF (A) man was able to originate
      > the idea/concept of God through
      > the power of imagination,
      >
      > THEN (B) man did originate the
      > idea/concept of God through the
      > power of imagination.

      MINOR PREMISE:

      > (A) Man was able to originate the
      > idea/concept of God through the
      > power of imagination.

      CONCLUSION:

      > (B) Man did originate the idea/concept
      > of God through the power of imagination.

      Atheism Critical Thinking Exercise:

      Step #1:

      Do you think the argument is so constructed that
      if its premises are true its conclusion will follow
      as true therefrom (i.e., that it is logically valid)?

      > Robert Baty - Yes
      > Andrew Austin - ???

      Step #2:

      Do you think that you can take the minor premise
      and conclusion of a logically valid modus ponens
      form argument and construct the major premise
      therefrom?

      > Robert Baty - Yes
      > Andrew Austin - ???

      Step #3:

      Do you think that the major premise of the above
      argument is properly inferred and properly constructed
      from the minor premise and conclusion of the argument?

      > Robert Baty - Yes
      > Andrew Austin - ???

      Step #4:

      Do you think that atheists implicitly and/or
      explicitly believe the conclusion to be true?

      > Robert Baty - Yes
      > Andrew Austin - ???

      Step #5:

      Do you think that atheists implicitly and/or
      explicitly believe the minor premise to be true?

      > Robert Baty - Yes
      > Andrew Austin - ???

      Step #6:

      Do you think that atheists implicitly and/or
      explicitly believe the major premise to be true?