Re: The Atheism 101 Critical Thinking Exercise: Benjamin Flores!

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 7, 2013
      Benjamin Flores has decided, without explanation, to waffle a bit regarding his answers to the questions.

      So, I will post his revised answers and reflect that he has answered both ways to some of the questions.

      Maybe if we can have a reasonable discussion of his problems with that, we can get him to commit to one answer or another:

      https://www.facebook.com/ncgadmin/posts/467509676652974?comment_id=4135910

      https://www.facebook.com/burntheskeptic

      Benmain's first answers:

      - From: Benjamin Flores
      - Date: Thursday, March 7, 2013
      - Time: About 4:10 PM MT
      -
      - Yes
      - Yes
      - Yes
      - Yes
      - Yes
      - Yes
      -
      - are you happy?

      Benjamin's second set of answers:

      - From: Benjamin Flores
      - Date: Thursday, March 7, 2013
      - Time: About 10:00 PM MT
      -
      - YES
      - NO
      - YES
      - NO
      - YES
      - NO
      -
      - ^change em to that.
      - i like that pattern.

      The Atheism 101 Argument for Benjamin Flores

      MAJOR PREMISE:

      > IF (A) man was able to originate
      > the idea/concept of God through
      > the power of imagination,
      >
      > THEN (B) man did originate the
      > idea/concept of God through the
      > power of imagination.

      MINOR PREMISE:

      > (A) Man was able to originate the
      > idea/concept of God through the
      > power of imagination.

      CONCLUSION:

      > (B) Man did originate the idea/concept
      > of God through the power of imagination.

      Atheism Critical Thinking Exercise:

      Step #1:

      Do you think the argument is so constructed that
      if its premises are true its conclusion will follow
      as true therefrom (i.e., that it is logically valid)?

      > Robert Baty - Yes
      > Benjamin Flores - Yes

      Step #2:

      Do you think that you can take the minor premise
      and conclusion of a logically valid modus ponens
      form argument and construct the major premise
      therefrom?

      > Robert Baty - Yes
      > Benjamin Flores - Yes
      > Benjamin Flores - No

      Step #3:

      Do you think that the major premise of the above
      argument is properly inferred and properly constructed
      from the minor premise and conclusion of the argument?

      > Robert Baty - Yes
      > Benjamin Flores - Yes

      Step #4:

      Do you think that atheists implicitly and/or
      explicitly believe the conclusion to be true?

      > Robert Baty - Yes
      > Benjamin Flores - Yes
      > Benjamin Flores - No

      Step #5:

      Do you think that atheists implicitly and/or
      explicitly believe the minor premise to be true?

      > Robert Baty - Yes
      > Benjamin Flores - Yes

      Step #6:

      Do you think that atheists implicitly and/or
      explicitly believe the major premise to be true?