Ken Miller: Preparing for Sentencing!

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 25, 2013
      http://www.millercase.org/

      From David Bercot

      Published on Sunday, 24 February 2013 07:53

      The following is taken directly from David Bercot's page on Ken.

      You're Invited to Attend March 4 I wanted to let
      everyone know that they are invited to attend Ken's
      sentencing on March 4, 2013 at 2:30 p.m.

      Even though you will probably not get an opportunity
      to talk to Ken, he will certainly be encouraged and
      strengthened by your presence.

      Ken Is Back in the Vermont State Prison 8:30 p.m., Feb. 20, 2013:

      I spoke with Ken this evening around 8:00 p.m.

      He had just been processed back to the Vermont
      state facility where he was originally held.

      He was nearby the phone when I called so we were
      able to have an extended talk.

      He wants everyone to know that he is doing fine.

      We knew he would be transported back to Vermont
      before the hearing on March 4, but we weren't
      expecting the move quite this early.

      Ken actually left the Essex County Jail around
      11:00 a.m. this morning. But the transportation
      van was also picking up prisoners from various
      other jails. So it took until about 7:00 p.m.
      this evening for the van to reach the Northwest
      Correctional Center in Vermont.

      Because Ken is back in state prison, it means that
      only visitors who are on his approved visitor's list
      can see him.

      We don't know how long it will take to get that list
      set up.

      I plan on speaking with him on Thursday morning around
      11:00 a.m., and he should know more then.

      Also, ministers have to be on the prison's approved
      "volunteer list" to be able to visit.

      From what the officer said, ministers are not able to
      have a one-on-one visit as they are at the Essex County
      Jail.

      Instead, the approved ministers meet with a group of
      prisoners at one time.

      [David spoke with Ken recently and told us that Ken
      will be able to see family only next weekend just
      prior to sentencing.]