[CSHF] Creation: why teach it?

  • Creation Science Hall of Fame
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 23, 2013
      Creation Science Hall of Fame has posted a new item,

      'Creation: why teach it?'

      Have you ever asked yourself why our culture
      seems to be disintegrating all around us?

      Why the moral standards we all had in common
      a few decades ago seem to have blown away
      with the wind?

      The answer may lie in the government-run
      classrooms around the world where evolution
      is being taught as empirical science, and
      creation not at all.

      You may view the latest post at

      http://creationsciencehalloffame.org/2013/02/23/creation-2/apologetics/creation-why-teach-it/

      You received this e-mail because you asked to be notified when new updates are
      posted.

      Best regards,
      Creation Science Hall of Fame
      terry@...
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 23, 2013
        Terry Hurlbut wrote, in part:

        > 'Creation: why teach it?'
        >
        > http://creationsciencehalloffame.org/2013/02/23/creation-2/apologetics/creation-why-teach-it/

        That's from a larger article by RoseAnn Salanitri from about 2 years ago found at:

        http://www.conservativenewsandviews.com/2011/04/26/creation/why-teach-creation/

        > Why teach creation?
        >
        > April 26, 2011
        > RoseAnn Salanitri
        >
        > (excerpts)
        >
        > The AiG Creation Museum shows why
        > creation is so important.
        >
        > Today, man decides truth whatever.
        >
        > From the AiG Creation Museum
        >
        > The sad truth is that the growing body
        > of empirical evidence supports the
        > Genesis account in many instances, but
        > this truth is not reaching the Body of
        > Christ sitting in the pews across America
        > and the rest of the world.
        >
        > In today's Darwinian culture, those of us
        > believing in Biblical Creationism are scorned
        > and laughed at as if we were some medieval
        > illiterate clinging to old wives tales and
        > ill-contrived fables.
        >
        > The good news is that strong and faithful
        > men and women are standing up and sharing
        > facts that support Genesis, understanding
        > that:
        >
        >> If we believe in evolution,
        >> it is illogical to believe in creationism.
        >>
        >> If we don't believe in creationism,
        >> then why should we believe anything
        >> else in the Bible?
        >>
        >> If we don't believe the Bible,
        >> why should we believe God?
        >>
        >> If we don't believe in God,
        >> why should we employ His moral codes?
        >>
        >> And if we don't employ His moral codes,
        >> then we are free to decide for ourselves
        >> what is right and what is wrong.
        >
        > If evolution is true,
        > then the Bible is just a myth;
        >
        > but
        >
        > if the Bible is true,
        > then evolution is a fallacy.
        >
        > The challenges of the 21st century demand that
        > you decide what you believe.
        >
        > Every person must decide for themselves where
        > they stand.

        Is it just coincidental that RoseAnn doesn't come straight out and claim the Bible teaches that "nothing is more than a few thousand years old".

        That's the fundamental issue bearing on the evolution debate and yet she seems conspicuously silent on that point.

        Interesting!

      • Todd Greene
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 25, 2013
          Times change.

          We don't like it.

          Therefore, the scientific theory of biological evolution is wrong.

          And the young earth creationists wonder why we snicker at their pretensions at making rational arguments.

          Chuckling,
          Todd Greene