Kent Hovind - Robert Baty Exchange in Context!

    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 19, 2013
      In my recent exchange with Kent Hovind, previously published here, we exchanges 10 messages each before Kent decided not to cooperate in the effort and discontinued his connections with me. I have now completed putting that exchange in the context of messages I exchanged with others leading up to Kent choosing to communicate with me and messages exchanged after Kent terminated his connection with me. I count a total of 47 messages and this further publication is designed to allow interested persons to consider and evaluate the history of the matter; especially in light of what I consider to be false allegations regarding deception that may have taken place. The following record is not the complete record, except as to the exchange between Kent and me, but reflects my judgment as to the substantive record regarding these important, historic, public matters.

      From: Robert Baty
      To: Nick Lally
      cc: CSHF Board of Directors
      cc: Peter J. Reilly, Forbes Contributor
      Date: Thursday, January 17, 2013

      Peter J. Reilly has written on the subject of
      "tax protestors" this morning and extended an
      invitation to such as yourself to contact him
      in order that he might further explore their
      position and speak to it via the pages of the
      On-Line Forbes magazine.

      Considering your written, published defense of
      Kent Hovind, whom you inducted into the Hall,
      you should consider responding or finding a
      representative of Kent's position, or Kent
      himself, to respond.

      I would like to see further coverage of the
      issue such as is proposed by Peter.

      Here's the link and his invitation:

      http://www.forbes.com/sites/peterjreilly/2013/01/17/are-tax-protesters-actually-winning/

      > I am happy to hear from any "patriots",
      > "sovereign citizens" or anybody else
      > who thinks that the income tax does
      > not apply to ordinary Americans who
      > have sufficient taxable income. I
      > would really appreciate it if you
      > would first check out this website –
      > "Here Is The Law that makes the
      > average American liable for the
      > income tax",
      >
      > http://www.quatloos.com/hereisthelaw.htm ,
      >
      > but it is not required.

      I will look forward to you taking Peter up
      on his offer or getting someone else to, and
      the further coverage.

      From: Nick Lally
      To: Robert Baty
      Date: Thursday, January 17, 2013

      Robert,

      Thank you for the offer.

      I am trying to get my Directors at the moment.
      Will get back to you shortly.

      Nick

      From: Nick Lally
      To: Robert Baty
      cc: CSHF Board of Directors
      Date: Sunday, January 20, 2013

      Robert,

      I have gathered additional information from Kent,
      but I am reluctant to email all of it because I
      am not sure if Kent would get a fair article from
      Peter Reilly on Forbes On-Line Magazine.

      If I knew for sure that I could trust you and that
      your intentions were honorable, I would email the
      information to you.

      I know that you are a retired IRS investigator, but
      I really don't know much more about you other then
      the 3 cases I read that you handled.

      Nick Lally,
      Chairman, Board of Directors,
      Creation Science Hall of Fame

      From: Robert Baty
      To: Nick Lally
      cc: CSHF Board of Directors
      cc: Peter J. Reilly
      Date: Sunday, January 20, 2013

      Nick, et al:

      I think the real problem is that you, Kent, et al,
      are concerned that you will get a fair hearing.

      You have to make your own decisions.

      Regardless of what you think of my handling of such
      things, Peter J. Reilly, in my opinion, is up to a
      fair consideration and presentation of whatever case
      you and/or Kent may wish to make regarding his and
      Jo's pending Tax Court cases.

      If you wish to discuss any particulars with me, you
      are welcome to lay them out and I will give them
      consideration.

      Be specific, explicit. I am not going to go through
      a lot of material what specific points you may want
      to have considered.

      Take them one at a time if you wish.

      Otherwise, you are welcome to bypass me and negotiate
      with Peter directly regarding a presentation via the
      Forbes venue. He is getting a copy of this correspondence.

      Thanks for the additional consideration.

      I look forward to seeing if Kent responds to the Court's
      order by the end of the month and where his case goes from
      there.

      From: Nick Lally
      To: Robert Baty
      cc: CSHF Board of Directors
      Date: Sunday, January 20, 2013

      Robert,

      Thank you for your return email, but I think
      for Kent to get a fair article or evaluation
      by you and Peter, please see the 3rd affidavit,
      banker's letter and doc #365 on web site,
      2peter3.com

      http://2peter3.com/3rd%20affidavit.html

      But also go to: http://2peter3.com/real_story.html

      This one is the 3rd affidavit, but you must click
      on each page number to read each affidavit.....as
      I discovered.

      From: Robert Baty
      To: Nick Lally
      cc: CSHF Board of Directors
      Date: Sunday, January 20, 2013

      Nick,

      You give me too much credit.

      If Peter decides to cover the matter further,
      I won't really have anything to do with it.

      If is is posted, I may add my comments following
      the article but it's all Peter's idea to offer
      the invitation and whatever it is he may have in
      mind as to covering the matter.

      What, exactly, is it in that 3rd affidavit from
      the banker that you think is relevant. I'll go
      back and take another look and see if anything
      strikes me.

      As I recall, the letter from the banker was just
      an anonymous thing which, being anonymous, lacked
      credibility; but I'll take another look and try
      to guess what you may be thinking regarding on that.

      From: Robert Baty
      To: Nick Lally
      cc: Joseph Ted Rosien
      Date: Monday, January 21, 2013

      Nick,

      I will be glad to try and accommodate your preferences
      and will send and email to Kent Hovind regarding these
      matters.

      So, let me know, or get Ted to lead me through how that
      is done, and I'll give it a try.

      I think it would be preferable to have Peter engage that
      correspondence, since he is the one who offered the
      invitation and he is the one able to prepare columns
      for posting to the Forbes website.

      However, I will do what I can in pursuit of producing
      such that Peter might have information upon which to
      prepare his suggested coverage of the matter.

      From: James Ted Rosien
      To: Nick Lally
      Date: Monday, January 21, 2013

      Hello Nick,

      I suggested to Kent that he and Baty should
      write to each other via the e-jail mail.

      He thinks that's a good idea.

      So if you are writing to Mr. Baty, ask him
      if he wishes to write to Kent.

      Ted

      From: Nick Lally
      To: James Ted Rosien
      To: Robert Baty
      Date: Monday, January 21, 2013

      Robert,

      Just received this message from Ted, my
      connection between me and Dr. Kent Hovind.

      See Ted's email to me (above).

      I too think its a good idea for Kent and
      you (Robert) to hook up.

      Robert, here is Ted's email to the connection
      with Kent - jtrosien@...

      Robert, connecting with Kent may take a few
      tries. The prison system has its own methods
      of connecting.

      Please keep me posted too,

      Nick

      From: Robert Baty
      To: Nick Lally
      To: James Ted Rosien
      Date: Monday, January 21, 2013

      Nick,

      I would be willing to communicate directly
      with Kent about matters of mutual interest.

      As for logistics, tell Kent that he should
      initiate the correspondence by writing to
      me first (doesn't he have to get approval
      from the prison regarding correspondents??)

      I am not going to initiate any correspondence
      with him based on any representations that he
      just might respond.

      Kent needs to begin any such correspondence.

      From: James Ted Rosien
      To: Robert Baty
      Date: Monday, January 21, 2013

      Hello Mr. Baty,

      I sent your...email to Kent.

      You will receive a letter from him via
      Corlink, Jailmail once you accept, you'll
      be off and running, I mean writing.

      Ted

      BEGIN DIRECT HOVIND - BATY EXCHANGE

      (12)

      From: info@...
      To: Robert Baty
      Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2013 06:31:18 -0600

      Subject: Inmate : HOVIND, KENT E

      This is a system generated message informing you
      that the above-named person is a federal prisoner
      who seeks to add you to his/her contact list for
      exchanging electronic messages.

      You can ACCEPT this prisoner's request or BLOCK
      this individual or all federal prisoners from contacting
      you via electronic messaging at www.corrlinks.com.

      To register with CorrLinks you must enter the email
      address that received this notice along with the
      identification code below.

      Email Address: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
      Identification Code: xxxxxxxxx

      This identification code will expire in 10 days.

      By approving electronic correspondence with federal
      prisoners, you consent to have the Bureau of Prisons
      staff monitor the content of all electronic messages
      exchanged.

      Once you have registered with CorrLinks and approved
      the prisoner for correspondence, the prisoner will be
      notified electronically.

      For additional information related to this program, please
      visit the

      http://www.bop.gov/inmate_programs/trulincs_faq.jsp

      FAQ page.

      To: KENT E HOVIND 06452017
      From: Robert Baty
      Date/Time: 1/26/2013 9:28:56 AM

      Subject: Testing the system

      Kent,

      I just thought I would try this out and see if the system
      is working while I await your first message.

      From: KENT E HOVIND (06452017)
      To: Robert Baty
      Date/Time: 1/26/2013 1:20:38 PM

      Subject: RE: Testing the system!

      Works great!
      Welcome!
      Sorry it took so long.

      I check email here real often so let me know what
      you need from me and I'll help any way I can!

      Thanks!
      KH

      From: Robert Baty
      To: Kent Hovind
      Date/Time: 1/26/2013 1:32:34 PM

      Kent,

      Looks like it is working both ways now.

      I check my email often, but I am going to have to remember
      that this correspondence does not show up in my personal
      email box. I have to go to the website, be signed in, and
      then check on messages.

      Peter J. Reilly, a Grant-Thornton Accounting Office manager
      of sorts, and a Forbes on-line contributor, posted the
      following note recently at the end of one of his tax columns:

      > I am happy to hear from any "patriots",
      > "sovereign citizens" or anybody else who
      > thinks that the income tax does not apply
      > to ordinary Americans who have sufficient
      > taxable income.

      Our connections, as I understand them, are a result of that
      invitation and in a round about way I was advised of your
      interest in taking Peter up on his offer; while preferring
      to use me as a go-between instead of corresponding with
      Peter directly.

      Should you wish to correspond directly with Peter, here's his
      email address:

      peterreillycpa@...

      I figured it was you that had something you wanted to get out
      for Peter's consideration as he may be willing to develop a
      column or more featuring your case(s).

      So, in that context, I would be the one advising you to "let
      me know" what you might want me to pass along to Peter.

      I advised Peter that we had set up this contact and asked if
      he had anything in particular to take up with you. I haven't
      heard back yet, and will continue to ask for specifics should
      our correspondence continue.

      As for me, my present, personal interest in your cases has to
      do with what Jo's plans are regarding her recent U.S. Tax Court
      decision and what you plan on doing regarding the U.S. Tax Court's
      latest order in your case; a response of which is due from you by
      January 30, 2013, if you plan to make a response.

      I appreciate the opportunity to help facilitate the mutual
      interest you and Peter might have in addressing your situation.

      From: KENT E HOVIND (06452017)
      To: Robert Baty
      Date/Time: 1/26/2013 5:17:49 PM

      Subject: Paul- please read my #4 and respond. Thanks! KH

      Hmmm?

      1.

      There is a button someplace you can push to make the email
      system notify you when one is waiting. Not sure how it works
      but Ted can tell you I think.

      2.

      I'd like to see Peter define some terms first. I learned in the creation
      evolutionism debate that defining terms is an essential first step.
      What is his definition of patriot? income tax? income? etc. I have
      always said that everyone should obey the law and pay any tax they
      owe to the legitimate authorities. I do not consider myself a tax protestor
      or a law breaker.

      3.

      I can only have 30 email contacts at a time and you are #30. I can't
      add Peter w/o dropping someone and with the legal battle and my book
      projects and family I need the ones I have right now. I guess you can
      be go-between if you don't mind.

      4.

      I know nothing of Jo's tax court decision nor did I know I have a deadline
      to respond by Jan 30 to anything. They have not notified me of any of this.
      I've not heard from "tax court" in several years. I think, in America, you get
      to face your accusers and cannot be tried "in abstetia" or whatever the Latin
      phrase is. Can you send me a copy of the "Tax Court's latest order" you
      reference please? I will cc this to Paul Hansen the ministry trustee since he
      handles the legal stuff.

      Thanks!

      Kent Hovind

      From: Robert Baty
      To: Kent Hovind
      Date/Time: 1/26/2013 5:45:05 PM

      Subject: U.S. Tax Court Issues

      Kent,

      I will pass along your message to Peter and see if he will
      draft a reply for me to forward to you.

      I think it is a little late for you to be trying to plead ignorance
      regarding the case your brought before the U.S. Tax Court,
      via your authorized legal representative, Jerold W. Barringer.
      Who knows, though, the Court might have some sympathies
      for you if you tell a good tale.

      (By the way, would you care to try and convince as to why it
      is you might be uninformed regarding Jo's recent U.S. Tax
      Court decision?)

      You are the moving party in your U.S. Tax Court case. You sued to
      have the Tax Court take jurisdiction over the determination of your
      tax matters, and they did, and then you failed to prosecute your
      case and it is now on the verge of being decided "in absentia", as
      it were.

      Here's the text of the latest as publicly available on the U.S. Tax Court
      website:

      https://www.ustaxcourt.gov/UstcDockInq/DocketDisplay.aspx?DocketNo=10004245

      UNITED STATES TAX COURT
      WASHINGTON, DC 20217

      DRB

      Kent Hovind,

      Petitioner,

      v. Docket No. 4245-10.

      COMMISSIONER OF INTERNAL REVENUE,

      Respondent

      O R D E R

      As directed by the Court in its Order dated
      December 17, 2012, respondent filed a Motion
      for Entry of Decision on December 26, 2012.

      Upon due consideration, it is ORDERED that,
      on or before January 30, 2013, petitioner
      shall file an Objection, Notice of No
      Objection, or other Response to respondent's
      motion for entry of decision.

      Failure to comply with this Order will result
      in the granting of respondent's motion and
      entry of decision sustaining the determinations
      set forth in the notice of deficiency on which
      this case is based.

      (Signed) Michael B. Thornton
      Chief Judge
      Dated. Washington, D.C.
      January 9, 2013

      SERVED

      (end Tax Court Order text)

      I will be in touch later and consider other matters as I get time.

      As much as I would like to continue to be directly involved, if you
      decide the process would be more efficient by communicating directly
      with Peter, I could give up my #30 spot and you could plug him in.

      Just a thought.

      From: KENT E HOVIND (06452017)
      Date/Time: 1/26/2013 6:47:17 PM

      Hey Robert!

      One more thot.

      Please go on www.2peter3.com and read:

      > The Banker's Letter;
      > The Third Affidavit and
      > Doc. #365

      and tell me what you think.

      Please ask Peter to do the same.

      Thanks!
      KH

      From: Robert Baty
      To: Kent Hovind
      Date/Time: 1/26/2013 7:34:03 PM

      Subject: A review of those documents you mentioned!

      Kent,

      I think I found the clicker to get me notified in my personal
      email when you send me a message via CorrLinks. Ted, as
      you suggested, clued me in.

      As to your request regarding reading material:

      1.

      http://www.2peter3.com/Court_Docs/banker letter .pdf

      The banker's letter

      My comments:

      I notice it was signed "an anonymous patriot, for now".

      Alleged testimonials from anonymous "bankers" does nothing
      for me as it might relate to your criminal case.

      As I understand it, under our "rule of law", anonymous bankers
      and defendants like you do not get to decide questions of law;
      that's left for the judiciary. Even juries are only charged with
      deciding factual and not legal issues (i.e., did Kent Hovind spit
      on the sidewalk).

      2.

      http://www.2peter3.com/3rd affidavit.html

      The Third Affidavit

      My Comments:

      I've browsed through that 10 pages and didn't see anything
      in particular to impress me about anything in particular except
      that it seemed quite typical of "tax protestor" antics in producing
      as much "paper" as they can to put into the system.

      Kent, can you identify one, simple matter contained therein that
      you may wish to discuss more specifically?

      3.

      http://www.2peter3.com/Court_Docs/365.pdf

      Document #365 - Hovind's Memorandum of Law to Support Motion
      to Vacate and Set Aside or Correct Sentence

      My Comments:

      Who wrote that for you, Kent?

      It's over 2 years old; didn't work!

      You have filed "a 100" motions and, as I noted above, they are
      consistent with the antics of "tax protestors" who, among other
      things, like to clog the system with paper work.

      You were tried and found wanting, Kent.

      Your appeals were considered on their merits.
      Your motions were considered on their merits.

      It doesn't matter what you think about the propriety of the law
      as it is applied to you and it doesn't matter what I think about
      that; though we might have some interesting conversations about
      that.

      When push comes to shove, we have a judiciary responsible for
      deciding any disputes between you and me and the feds over
      such things as put you behind bars and at risk for millions in
      personal, income tax liabilities.

      If there is something specific you want to chat about in that
      document, Kent, detail it, briefly, and maybe I can discuss that
      with you further.

      By the way Kent, what, if any, connections or personal knowledge
      do you have with Ed Umpervitch who I chatted with a bit about
      such things via your FaceBook page?

      He most recently dropped out of that conversation.

      From: Robert Baty
      To: Kent Hovind
      Date/Time: 1/26/2013 9:17:12 PM

      Subject: A quick note from Peter!

      Kent,

      Following my name below is the brief note I got from Peter in
      response to me sending him your note with your questions for
      him. He's pressed for time and so may have more to say later.
      You might also wish to give me more specific information, commentary,
      analysis, opinions, whatever from you to forward to him for further
      consideration. He will have to work through the details as he gets
      time, not knowing right now where the exchange might lead.

      Also, in relation to Peter's comments, and your earlier claim of
      ignorance regarding your own U.S. Tax Court case, I offer the
      following comments from an earlier U.S. Tax Court decision in
      your case:

      UNITED STATES TAX COURT
      WASHINGTON, DC 20217

      KENT HOVIND,
      Petitioner,

      v. Docket No. 4245-10.

      COMMISSIONER OF INTERNAL REVENUE,
      Respondent

      O R D E R

      (excerpts)

      the Court notes that the record in this case
      is replete with patently frivolous and groundless
      arguments by petitioner, acting by and through
      his counsel, Mr. Jerold W. Barringer.

      Petitioner is advised that I.R.C. section 6673(a)
      (1) authorizes the Tax Court to require a taxpayer
      to pay to the United States a penalty of up to
      $25,000 whenever it appears that proceedings have
      been instituted or maintained by the taxpayer
      primarily for delay or that the taxpayer's
      position in such proceedings is frivolous or
      groundless.

      (Signed) John O. Colvin
      ChiefJudge
      Dated: Washington, D.C.

      September 20, 2010

      - END EXCERPTS -

      From: peterreillycpa@...
      To: rlbaty@...
      Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2013 22:01:09 -0500

      Subject: Re: Kent wants you to answer some questions first!

      Basically someone who puts forth arguments
      that they are not required to file or pay
      that have consistently been found to be
      frivolous.

      For example the 16th amendment not having
      been ratified.

      From: KENT E HOVIND (06452017)
      To: Robert Baty
      Date/Time: 1/26/2013 11:11:36 PM

      Subject: RE: U.S. Tax Court Issues

      Thanks.

      As I said, I've not heard from them or
      Jerry Barringer or been served anything
      in several years.

      KH

      From: KENT E HOVIND (06452017)
      To: Robert Baty
      Date/Time: 1/26/2013 11:13:01 PM

      I can't get on the internet here but
      would love to see the recent ruling
      in my wife's case.

      Can you send that please?

      Thanks,
      KH

      From: Robert Baty
      To: Kent Hovind
      Date/Time: 1/26/2013 11:22:01 PM

      Subject: Jo's case and other stuff!

      Kent,

      Following my name below is the text of Jo's entered decision,
      which followed a written opinion from the Court. Forbes'
      Peter J. Reilly published a column on the case when it came out.

      In effect, Jo was deemed to be liable for the tax on 50% of the
      ministry income, plus the penalties and interest. Total of
      something over $3.5 million tax, penalty and interest according
      to my rough estimates.

      As to your case, since you have Barringer representing you,
      supposedly, he would be the one getting or being sent all the
      notices.

      By the way, you haven't tried to convince me why it may be
      the case that you are unaware of Jo's case. What's up with that?

      P.S. The period for appeal is still running on Jo's case.

      UNITED STATES TAX COURT

      Dkt. No. 1362-10

      JO DELIA HOVIND,
      Petitioner,

      v.

      COMMISSIONER OF INTERNAL REVENUE,
      Respondent .

      DECISION

      Pursuant to the opinion of the Court. filed
      October 3, 2012, and incorporating herein the
      facts recited in respondent's computation as
      the findings of the Court, it is

      ORDERED AND DECIDED:

      That there are deficiencies, penalties, and
      additions to tax due from petitioner as follows:

      Year - Deficiency - 6651(a)(1) - 6663(a)

      1998 $ 51,314.00 $13,212.00 $ 38,485.50
      1999 $ 92,741.00 $23,185.25 $ 69,555.75
      2000 $ 93,541.00 $23,385.25 $ 70,155.75
      2001 $ 72,720.00 $18,180.00 $ 54,540.00
      2002 $ 72,579.00 $18,144.75 $ 54,434.25
      2003 $ 64,486.00 $16,121.00 $ 48,364.50
      2004 $130,104.00 $32,526.00 $ 97,578.00
      2005 $145,365.00 $36,341.25 $109,023.75
      2006 $ 69,917.00 $17,479.25 $ 52,437.75

      December 18, 2012

      (Signed) L. Paige Marvel
      Judge

      Entered: 2012

      From: KENT E HOVIND (06452017)
      To: Robert Baty
      Date/Time: 1/27/2013 10:04:11 AM

      Subject: RE: A review of those documents you mentioned!

      "tried and found wanting...?

      judiciary decides questions of law...

      didn't work...

      Does that prove guilt?
      Does it prove a law was broken?
      Could it be corruption from the courts?
      The gov?
      Do courts and judges ever make mistakes?
      Misread or misapply the law?
      Why is there an appeals process?
      Why are there Appeals courts?
      Do cases ever get overturned on appeal?

      The US Supreme Court-supposedly the top judges in
      the country very often spits 5/4 and rarely votes
      100%.

      What would that mean about reading the law?

      Through history there have been scores of cases
      where the courts ruled one way that history later
      showed to be 100% wrong.

      Slavery in US, Hitler's judges ruling on Jews,
      Stalin's on Christians etc.

      I think you may be assuming more of our court
      system in this case than you should.

      Gotta go now-
      more later if time permits.

      KJ

      From: KENT E HOVIND (06452017)
      To: Robert Baty
      Date/Time: 1/27/2013 11:32:34 AM

      Time for one more quick comment only--

      The banker was a good friend I met in prison.

      He chose to remain anonymous until he was released.

      I don't know where he is now or if he has commented
      to identify himself.

      His name doesn't matter but the issues do.

      The 45 counts I was charged with are flawed for a number
      of reasons spelled out in document 335, 349 and 351 in my
      case.

      If the charge in the indictment is wrong the court lacks
      jurisdiction to hear the case.

      It is NEVER too late to challenge jurisdiction.
      This is NOT over yet. :)

      Since there are still issues being litigated I cannot
      comment much but I will continue on this one topic only
      if you will answer a few simple questions first.

      1.

      Did I break the law Title 31 USC 5313(A),
      5324 (a)(3) and 31 CRF 103.11?

      I'm not asking if the court found me guilty.

      Can you please read the above referenced documents
      and the banker's letter and show me specifically
      what I did that was illegal?

      2.

      IF withdrawing ministry money to pay ministry bills
      in amounts less than $10,000, 12 days apart did
      violate that law- should it have been one count or 45?

      Thanks,
      KH

      From: Robert Baty
      To: Kent Hovind
      Date/Time: 1/27/2013 7:46:33 PM

      Subject: Your latest 2 Emails earlier today!

      Kent,

      I was trusting CorrLinks to let me know when you sent me
      messages, as it had started doing, but I didn't get any
      notices and just decided to check in and found your messages.

      I don't think I am assuming any more than I should regarding
      our court system and your case. It wouldn't matter if I was.
      It's your case, and that's a matter for you to work out with the
      judiciary.

      As I understand it, you've tried that about 100 times and all has
      failed.

      Last I checked, there wasn't anything going on regarding your
      criminal case.

      If there is something currently in process as you claim, give me a
      legal reference that I can check on and I will look into it and maybe
      give you my opinion on it.

      You are right about the banker, but it goes a little further.
      Neither his name or opinion matters when it comes to deciding
      on the facts of your case, the law, or how the law applies to the
      facts of your case.

      The judge, jury and appeals courts have ruled on what matters as
      to the issues that matter in your case, and that's how it works.

      As to your request about my Title 31 analysis as applied to your
      case, I will see if can find time to look at it and respond in detail.
      Are you prepared to plead guilty if I show you what you did that
      was illegal, whether or not you agree with my analysis? Will my
      opinion on that matter be relevant.

      As to your cash transaction question, if you violated the rule 45
      times then 45 charges would appear to be appropriate to me.

      Back to your Tax Court deadline, Kent! Have you got any specific
      plans about what to do about that yet. Also, are you going to try
      and convince me, as I have repeatedly requested, why it is you,
      allegedly, were unaware of the status of your wife's Tax Court case?

      Sorry for the delay in responding.

      From: Robert Baty
      To: Kent Hovind
      Time/Date: 1/27/2013 8:47:22 PM

      Subject: The banker's letter and structuring rules!

      Kent,

      Let me expand a little on your banker problem before
      responding on the structuring issue.

      Your anonymous banker proposes to tell me how things
      are/were and promotes himself as if he is qualified and
      credible regarding his promotion of the alleged facts and
      law and should be given some consideration. Interesting
      how the letter does not appear to mention that he is a
      convicted felon and the charges for which he was convicted.

      Ad hominem is not fallacious when proposing that, in such
      situations, such witnesses' credibility may be reasonably
      doubted both as to the factual claims and legal analysis.

      Kent, you wrote in part, asking:

      > Can you please read the referenced
      > documents and the banker's letter
      > and show me specifically what I
      > did that was illegal?

      I don't like chasing rabbits, so you really need to get down
      to what you are getting at, with specifics, if you have a point
      you want to make. I don't like guessing at what you might
      want me to get out of such references.

      I like short, sweet, and to the point.

      In this case, however, I will give it a shot.

      The references, in part, follow my name below. This analysis
      is subject to a further review of your case as I might get the
      time and have the interest or some additional, specific, explicit,
      feedback from you.

      Your Question:

      > WHAT DID KENT HOVIND DO THAT WAS ILLEGAL?

      My Answer, from attached references:

      > Structured financial transactions to
      > evade financial reporting rules.
      >
      > Such structuring does not require a
      > transaction of more than $10,000.

      I claim no expertise in that area, so if there is some specific
      you are getting at, Kent, let me know.

      Title 31 USC 5313(A)

      31 USC § 5313 - Reports on domestic coins and currency transactions

      (a) When a domestic financial institution is involved in a transaction
      for the payment, receipt, or transfer of United States coins or currency
      (or other monetary instruments the Secretary of the Treasury prescribes),
      in an amount, denomination, or amount and denomination, or under
      circumstances the Secretary prescribes by regulation, the institution
      and any other participant in the transaction the Secretary may prescribe
      shall file a report on the transaction at the time and in the way the
      Secretary prescribes.

      A participant acting for another person shall make the report as the
      agent or bailee of the person and identify the person for whom the
      transaction is being made.

      Title 31 USC 5324 (a)(3)

      31 USC § 5324 - Structuring transactions to evade reporting requirement
      prohibited

      (a) Domestic Coin and Currency Transactions Involving Financial Institutions.—

      No person shall, for the purpose of evading the reporting requirements
      of section 5313 (a) or 5325 or any regulation prescribed under any such
      section, the reporting or recordkeeping requirements imposed by any
      order issued under section 5326, or the recordkeeping requirements
      imposed by any regulation prescribed under section 21 of the Federal
      Deposit Insurance Act or section 123 of Public Law 91–508—

      (3) structure or assist in structuring, or attempt to structure or assist
      in structuring, any transaction with one or more domestic financial
      institutions.

      31 CRF 103.11

      Title 31: Money and Finance: Treasury

      Subtitle B: Regulations Relating to Money and Finance

      PART 103: FINANCIAL RECORDKEEPING AND REPORTING
      OF CURRENCY AND FOREIGN TRANSACTIONS

      Subpart A: Definitions

      103.11 - Meaning of terms.

      (excerpts)

      (gg) Structure (structuring).

      For purposes of section 103.53, a person structures
      a transaction if that person, acting alone, or in
      conjunction with, or on behalf of, other persons,
      conducts or attempts to conduct one or more transactions
      in currency, in any amount, at one or more financial
      institutions, on one or more days, in any manner, for
      the purpose of evading the reporting requirements under
      section 103.22 of this part.

      "In any manner" includes, but is not limited to, the
      breaking down of a single sum of currency exceeding
      $10,000 into smaller sums, including sums at or below
      $10,000, or the conduct of a transaction, or series
      of currency transactions, including transactions at
      or below $10,000.

      The transaction or transactions need not exceed the
      $10,000 reporting threshold at any single financial
      institution on any single day in order to constitute
      structuring within the meaning of this definition.

      From: KENT E HOVIND (06452017)
      To: Robert Baty
      Date/Time: 1/28/2013 7:06:10 AM

      Subject: RE: The banker's letter and structuring rules!

      I already KNOW what the law says and what
      I was charged with.

      My question is simple-do YOU think I was properly
      charged (docs 334-338) and actually broke that law?

      KH

      From: KENT E HOVIND (06452017)
      To: Robert Baty
      Date/Time: 1/28/2013 7:20:54 AM

      Subject: RE: Your latest 2 Emails earlier today!

      The jury never saw the law I was accused of violating.

      The appeals court never looks at that either.

      They look at "did the jugde follow proceedure?"

      By charging 45 crimes instead of one (as scores fo
      other 'structuring' cases have been) it looks horrible
      to the jury.

      This is a common tactic (and illegal - overcharging)
      but normaly convinces the jury that he MUST have done
      SOMETHING wrong!

      No one else who has analysed the law and the indictment
      and the trial has said I am guilty.

      Please do show me specifically how withdrawing your
      own money from your own bank to pay legit bills in
      12 day ave. intervals violates the statute.

      If I did then anyone who takes $10/week out in cash
      every week will eventually be guilty of 100 counts of
      structuring and could face 500 years in prison. (5yrs/count).

      If 45 charges are appropriate then you are saying anyone
      who withdraws their own money in an amount less than
      $10,000 one time is guilty and should go to prison for
      5 years.

      Is that what you think?
      One topic at a time-remember? :)

      KH

      From: Robert Baty
      To: Kent Hovind
      Date/Time: 1/28/2013 8:50:28 AM

      Subject: Step by Step!

      Kent,

      I can handle more than one topic at a time, but we just
      need to keep them simple as we attempt to breeze through
      them and allow you to get the word out that you might want
      Peter to consider as he might be posting one or more columns
      to Forbes regarding your case and similar cases.

      Before going on to possible new matters, let's review some
      old matters and your latest messages, and see how they go.

      1.

      You haven't said what, if any, your current plans are regarding
      your January 30, 2013 U.S. Tax Court deadline.

      What current plans do you have regarding that matter?

      2.

      You haven't tried to convince me, as I have repeatedly asked,
      why it is you were unaware of Jo's U.S. Tax Court decision.

      How could you not have known about that recent decision?

      3.

      You wrote this morning, asking:

      > Do YOU (Robert Baty) think I was properly
      > charged (docs 334-338) and actually broke
      > that law?

      Yes!

      4.

      You wrote this morning:

      > No one else who has analysed the law and the
      > indictment and the trial has said I am guilty.

      If you have any specific references of lawyers and/or
      C.P.A.'s who have considered your case and have written
      opinions on the matter, I will be glad to consider them.
      I think this would be also something that Peter could use.

      He's a CPA.
      I'm not a lawyer or a CPA.

      I am not talking about references and analysis from folks
      like Barringer, anonymous bankers, Paul Hansen, and Glenn Stoll.

      But, I will be glad to consider your references if you have them.

      5.

      > If 45 charges are appropriate then you are
      > saying anyone who withdraws their own money
      > in an amount less than $10,000 one time is
      > guilty and should go to prison for 5 years.
      >
      > Is that what you think?

      Your claim about what I am saying is not correct.
      No, that is not what I am saying.

      The crime of structuring has to do with your effort to
      evade the reporting requirements of financial institutions.

      In part, as I understand the application of the law,
      it has to do with intent; a frame of mind.

      The jury doesn't read minds, but is called upon to look
      at the evidence in a case and make their judgment as
      to whether or not you were evading the reporting rules.

      I think we know what the jury decided.

      They thought your case was so egregious that you got
      the enhanced 10 year sentence.

      6.

      KENT,
      YOU DID NOT PUT ON A DEFENSE IN YOUR CRIMINAL CASE!

      7.

      KENT,
      YOU'VE HAD YEARS TO PROSECUTE YOUR APPEALS AND
      HAVE DONE SO!

      8.

      You are welcome to keep trying to change a result in your
      criminal case, and it is unlikely that my casual opinions about
      the case are going to change the outcome. I am open to
      considering a change in my opinion, and you are welcome to
      try. Just try to keep it short and simple and specific.

      9.

      I get that you don't seem to think you were properly charged
      as to the law violated and that one violation of the misapplied
      law should have been all that was allowed.

      10.

      Now, are there other matters to consider, and do I start getting
      answers to my questions?

      We can continue to explore further your criminal case details if
      you wish.

      I am here as the go-between in an effort to facilitate your effort
      to inform and enlighten Peter J. Reilly as to your case(s) and possibly
      publish one or more columns explaining your situation and opining
      thereon.

      From: KENT E HOVIND (06452017)
      To: Robert Baty
      Date/Time: 1/28/2013 8:50:45 AM

      One more thot on the same topic.

      If structuring requires TWO or more transactions of
      less than $10,000 on the same day (and it does) that
      total MORE than $10,000 how can there be 45 counts
      in my indictment?

      The MAX would be 22 counts.

      The indictment is fatally flawed therefore the court
      lack jurisdiction to even hear the case.

      The indictment must still be dismissed and the case
      overturned.

      Are you seeking for truth or seeking to get me to
      confess to a crime I (and scores of others) do not
      think I committed?

      What is your motive in all this?

      You asked if I would admit I was guilty...

      Will YOU admit I was NOT guilty if that is where the
      evidence leads?

      History records hundreds of thousands of WRONG decisions
      that hurt others badly you know.

      Have a great day! :)

      KH

      From: Robert Baty
      To: Kent Hovind
      Date/Time: 1/28/2013 9:06:20 AM

      Subject: Response to your "one more time" message!

      Kent,

      I'll try to briefly respond to your latest:

      You wrote:

      > If structuring requires TWO or more
      > transactions of less than $10,000 on
      > the same day (and it does)...

      I don't think it does.

      You wrote:

      You wrote:

      > The indictment is fatally flawed therefore
      > the court lack jurisdiction to even hear
      > the case.

      I doubt it, but that is a matter for you to take up on
      appeal. I trust the legal system to deal with such
      issues and not "laymen", but I'm open to considering
      the matter further if you can keep it simple.

      You wrote:

      > The indictment must still be dismissed
      > and the case overturned.

      I don't think so, but we'll see how that position works out for you.

      You wrote:

      > Are you seeking for truth or seeking to
      > get me to confess to a crime I (and scores
      > of others) do not think I committed?

      I will follow the search for the truth wherever it may lead us,
      with or without any confessions or change of minds.

      You wrote:

      > What is your motive in all this?

      To act as the go-between as to you and Peter, as I explained
      in my last message. Otherwise, you and your cases have been
      of interest to me for years and so I am personally interested in
      this further personal dialogue.

      Peter is rather busy, and I will forward to you any specific
      commentary he may have, and his questions whenever he may
      be able to present them for you.

      You wrote:

      > Will YOU admit I was NOT guilty if
      > that is where the evidence leads?

      The judicial process provides for a determination of guilt "in the
      eyes of the law", but you are welcome to my opinion.

      For all I know, you were guilty.

      Now, what about those questions I have been asking?

      From: admin@...
      To: Robert Baty
      Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2013 11:04:29 -0600

      The above-named inmate has chosen to
      remove your email address from his/her
      approved contact list and, therefore,
      can not receive or send messages to
      your email address.

      END DIRECT HOVIND - BATY EXCHANGE

      From: Robert Baty
      To: Nick Lally
      cc: Peter J. Reilly
      cc: Joseph Ted Rosien
      Date: Monday, January 28, 2013

      Subject: Profitable in spite of Kent's
      decision to cut and run!

      To All,

      Since sending my last response to Kent, I got
      the following message from CorrLinks administration:

      > From: admin@...
      > To: Robert Baty
      > Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2013 11:04:29 -0600
      >
      > Subject: Inmate: HOVIND, KENT E
      >
      > The above-named inmate has chosen to
      > remove your email address from his/her
      > approved contact list and, therefore,
      > can not receive or send messages to
      > your email address.

      Kent was not open and honest enough to discuss any
      problems he was having with our exchange.

      You'll have to make your own judgments about what
      transpired and its implications.

      From: Joseph Ted Rosien
      To: Robert Baty
      Date: Monday, January 28, 2013

      Subject: RE: Kent's decission

      Hello Robert

      I don't know what to say about KH's response
      to you.

      I is possable that he may have invertably have
      removed you name.

      As far as what took place at his trial, I'm in
      the dark about it, other than he received jail
      time for a crime that others get a slap on their
      hand, and a healthy fine.

      FYI I haven't heard from him for several days
      myself.

      If there is anything I can do to help you. send
      me a letter

      JTR

      From: Robert Baty
      To: Joseph Ted Rosien
      Date: Monday, January 28, 2013

      Subject: RE: Kent

      Ted,

      Thanks.

      If you haven't gotten a notice like I did,
      you should still be on his list.

      He said he had a max of 30 correspondents
      and I was #30.

      I wonder if he has added someone already
      to take my place.

      In any case, I would appreciate any feedback
      you can get from Kent regarding what is going
      on or anything else about what is going on
      with these things from your side of it.

      There is obviously a lot at work here and I
      only know a part of the story.

      From: Joseph Ted Rosien
      To: Robert Baty
      Date: Monday, January 28, 2013

      Robert

      I just sent a mailing to another person that
      is in the link.

      we'll see what they say

      TR

      From: Robert Baty
      To: Joseph Ted Rosien
      Date: Monday, January 28, 2013

      Ted,

      I'll be on pins and needles waiting for a reply.

      By the way, you could have given me a response
      to my question, even if we find out more from
      someone else.

      Are you holding back? :o)

      What's your opinion about what might be up with
      Jo and Kent and why it would be the case, if it
      was, that Kent was not aware of Jo's Tax Court
      decision.

      I sent Kent a copy of the decision after he
      claimed ignorance. He didn't say anything further
      about it.

      From: Lora Seybert
      To: Robert Baty
      Date: Monday, January 28, 2013

      Subject: Kent Hovind

      Robert,

      I received this e-mail today from Kent Hovind
      and I just wanted to let you know he took you
      off Corrlinks, that is why you cannot connect.

      If you need me to pass along a message I can.

      Also, if you would like to be added to the weekly
      blogs and updates I send out for Kent Hovind
      please let me know.

      Thanks,
      Lora Seybert
      volunteer

      From: Robert Baty
      To: Lora Seybert
      cc: Joseph Ted Rosian
      cc: Nick Lally
      cc: Peter J. Reilly
      Date: Monday, January 28, 2013

      Subject: The Hovind-Baty Exchange!

      Lora,

      Thanks for that notice.

      You can tell Kent that I would still like
      answers to MY questions. I will be glad
      to list them if you would like to forward
      them to him for reply.

      I would also like answers to MY questions
      such as I asked, most recently, of Ted.

      Otherwise, I am still available for continuing
      our exchange if he arranges another opening in
      his email directory.

      I will look forward to seeing how his efforts
      directly with Peter J. Reilly, CPA/Forbes
      Contributor, go.

      Thanks again for the notice.

      From: Nick Lally
      To: Robert Baty
      Date: Monday, January 28, 2013

      Robert,

      I believe I have given you all that I know
      about Kent's case.

      But, Ted may know more of the details.
      Ask him.

      I believe we both know that you have Kent's
      interest at heart and that may allow more
      information to flow from Ted.

      Nick

      From: Nick Lally
      To: Robert Baty
      To: Joseph Ted Rosien
      Date: Monday, January 28, 2013

      Robert, Ted,

      We need to continue this discussion between
      Kent and Robert.

      We have an outside chance of helping Kent
      via Robert.

      Ted, could you contact Kent and see if you
      could open up the door of communications with
      Robert?

      Thanks,
      Nick

      From: Robert Baty
      To: Nick Lally
      Date: Monday, January 28, 2013

      Nick,

      It is still the case that MY questions to
      Kent have not been answered, and I have
      heard nothing from Peter about getting set
      up to communicate directly with Kent.

      We'll see how things progress.

      I am still available.

      From: Joseph Ted Rosien
      To: Robert Baty
      Date: Monday, January 28, 2013

      Robert by the previous mailing you can
      see that Kent had to drop you to make
      room for another (Peter J. Reilly).

      I did advise him that he could drop me
      from his list, thus making room for you.

      Ted

      From: Robert Baty
      To: Nick Lally
      Date: Tuesday, January 29, 2013

      Subject: What sayeth ye, Nick!

      Nick,

      I am beginning to think that, on a scale of
      1-10 with 10 being the best, Kent is closest
      to 1, Lora is a little higher on the scale,
      Ted a little higher yet, then you beat out
      the 3 of them; and I am at 10.

      The scale rates openness and honesty in dealing
      with the important issues relating to Kent Hovind
      and his legal/tax problems.

      Without any notice to me, and in the context of
      his evasion of my simple questions to him and my
      having answered his questions, he pulled the plug
      on our correspondence; later attempting to explain
      what was up.

      Peter is a busy guy and I don't know if he is going
      to go to the trouble of setting up a CorrLinks account
      if he actually gets an invitation to do so. Time will
      tell.

      Following my name below are questions that Kent
      evaded during the course of our correspondence.

      I know you can't answer for Kent, but you can answer
      for yourself regarding what you know about the matters
      referenced in the questions.

      I want to know what you, Ted, and Lora have to say
      about those issues (and anyone else who is in anyway
      personally familiar with Kent and these important
      public issues). Ted and Lora appear to have done
      what Kent did, though I will continue to look for
      further responses from them.

      Nick, will you answer?

      If this chapter in the saga is to now be considered
      as "closed", I can live with that and proceed
      accordingly. However, I don't want to guess about
      what is up with Kent and his supporters as to me and
      my involvement.

      -------------Questions Evaded by Kent---------------

      MY UNANSWERED QUESTIONS FOR KENT HOVIND:

      1.

      What accounts for the alleged ignorance
      of Kent as to the recent decision by the
      U.S. Tax Court in Jo's
      pending Tax Court case?

      2.

      What does Jo plan to do regarding the
      recent U.S. Tax Court decision in her
      case (the appeal period is still running)?

      3.

      What does Kent plan to do regarding the
      January 30, 2013 deadline set by the U.S.
      Tax Court in his case?

      4.

      Who actually wrote Document #365 referred
      to by Kent?

      5.

      What, if any, connections or personal
      knowledge does Kent have as to Ed
      Umpervitch who I chatted with a bit about
      such things via Kent's FaceBook page?

      6.

      If there is something currently in process
      regarding Kent's criminal case, as he
      seems to claim, can he give me a legal
      reference that I can check on?

      7.

      Does Kent have any specific references of
      lawyers and/or C.P.A.'s who have considered
      his case and have written opinions on the
      matter? (He has repeatedly made such
      unsubstantiated claims and in our correspondence
      the best he came up with was a bogus testimonial
      from an anonymous banker who was, apparently, a
      convicted felon.)

      8.

      What about those questions I have been asking?

      From: Nick Lally
      To: Robert Baty
      cc: Joseph Ted Rosien
      Date: Tuesday, January 29, 2013

      Robert,

      For the last time.

      I would never, never, never would have written
      Jo Hovind for information regarding this issue
      because that poor women has been through enough.

      I will not give you her email address.
      Just leave it alone.

      I have picked up a pattern by you, but this time
      I felt it would be different.

      I was wrong.

      You start out very nice acting as though you are
      on one side of the issue and then you turn like
      a Chameleon attacking your pray as planed using
      his own words out of context to fit your initial
      agenda that was hidden from the very beginning.

      Like Kent, I too must say good-by.

      Nick

      From: Robert Baty
      To: Nick Lally
      cc: Joseph Ted Rosien
      Date: Tuesday, January 29, 2013

      Nick,

      See, you continue to make my point and justify
      my approach to the simple issue regarding Kent's
      alleged ignorance of Jo's Tax Court proceedings.

      You say "the poor woman has been through enough".

      I can only ask that you act more honorable than
      you have been in these important public issues.

      If you are close enough to the Hovind personal
      situation to characterize her situation such as
      you have, you should be close enough to opine
      about why Kent would claim ignorance of her Tax
      Court proceedings.

      In any case, you seem to think I should accept
      your ipse dixit characterization regarding Jo.

      I can't do that;
      it simply would not be appropriate.

      What would be appropriate is for Jo to come out,
      come clean and deal with and, where appropriate,
      dispose of these important public issues inasmuch
      as they relate to her; and they do relate to her.

      Run off if you will, Nick.

      Like I have said, in part, you have been tried
      and tested and, in running off, found wanting.

      Come back any time and maybe we'll have to chat
      about regarding these matters are your acceptance
      or rejection of the "good" I have laid before you.

      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 19, 2013
        http://www.facebook.com/erichovind

        From: Robert Baty
        Date: Tuesday, February 19, 2013
        Time: About 7:50 PM MT

        A more complete record of the recent Kent Hovind - Robert Baty Exchange regarding Kent and Jo Hovind's legal problems can be found at the following link:

        Reminder: The 3 Forbes On-Line Hovind Articles:

        http://www.forbes.com/sites/peterjreilly/2012/10/05/young-earth-creationists-whipsawed-by-irs/

        http://www.forbes.com/sites/peterjreilly/2013/01/30/not-income-tax-evasion-structuring-thats-how-they-got-kent-hovind/

        http://www.forbes.com/sites/peterjreilly/2013/02/08/is-irs-persecuting-kent-hovind-for-creationism/

        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 19, 2013
          Bummer!
          Another blunder on my part!

          All those references to

          > Joseph Ted Rosien

          should be

          > James Ted Rosien!

          My apologies for any confusion.

          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 19, 2013
            In going back and trying to fix my blundering over Ted's name, I found the following two messages that probably should be added to the record here for additional context:

            From: Robert Baty
            To: Nick Lally
            cc: James Ted Rosien
            cc: Lora Seybert
            Date: Wednesday, January 30, 2013

            Subject: Peter J. Reilly's treatment of the Hovind case!

            Steve Forbes is inviting Kent Hovind's supporters to
            join the conversation in the readers' comments section
            of the following article:

            http://www.forbes.com/sites/peterjreilly/2013/01/30/not-income-tax-evasion-structuring-thats-how-they-got-kent-hovind/

            See y'all there!

            Robert

            From: James Ted Rosien
            To: Robert Baty
            Date: Thursday, January 31, 2013

            Mr. Baty,

            I am no longer interested in what you have to say.

            I did all I could to assist you with Kent, and so
            has others.

            From what you've writen, I have doubts that you
            are reall interested in Kent.

            TR