Nick Lally - Changing his opinion of Kent Hovind?

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 17, 2013
      Nick Lally, in presenting Kent Hovind (aka Dr. Dino and career anti-government tax cheater) for induction into his Creation Science Hall of Fame, had for months the following posted to his Hall of Fame website regarding Kent:

      > Nick Lally, Chairman, Board of Directors,
      > Creation Science Hall of Fame, says that
      > he met Kent Hovind at his Creation Boot
      > Camp in Pensacola, Florida and found him
      > to be a dedicated Creationist and Christian.
      >
      > Nick believes that Kent is in jail out of
      > principle and not deceit.

      I just checked and the following is now reflected on that website:

      http://creationsciencehalloffame.org/living/kent-hovind/

      As of Sunday, February 17, 2013
      Time: About 7:00 PM MT

      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 17, 2013
        I just noticed that the following statement was also removed from Nick's latest revision of his tribute to Kent Hovind:

        > Since January 2007, Hovind is serving a
        > ten-year prison sentence after being
        > convicted on 58 federal counts. If you
        > are interested in Kent Hovind's legal
        > case see www.2peter3.com.

        I also note, for ready reference, that Nick had the following Jerry Bergman analogy on the Hovind tribute page and Hovind's own letter correcting Nick's earlier claims about his problems: both of which were removed earlier and both of which were added in an earlier effort to establish an appropriate tribute to Hovind:

> [...]

        > I DO NOT admit to breaking any laws. I maintain my
        > innocence as did Joseph (Gen. 40:15), David (I Sam.
        > 20:1; 26:18), Job (6:24; 13:18; 23:10; 27:5; 31:6),
        > Jeremiah (Jer. 37:18) Paul (Acts 24:13; 25:10; 28:17)
        > and tens of millions of others throughout history.
        >
        > 5.
        >
        > I DO admit to not being perfect! :) My wife can assist
        > you if you are making a list!
        >
        > 6.
        >
        > I DO NOT say the tax laws are unconstitutional nor did
        > I break one to "prove a point" or "test the law."
        >
        > 7.
        >
        > The 20+ issues raised in Doc. #365 on 2peter3.com will
        > demonstrate that I did NOT get a "righteous judge." I
        > AM wondering if there are ANY of those in the
        > Federal system. See Luke 18:2.
        >
        > 8.
        >
        > I was NOT trying to "invalidate the tax structure." I
        > was trying to follow it as my affidavit clearly shows.
        > I am NOT suffering punishment for deliberately
        > breaching any law.
        >
        > 9.
        >
        > I do NOT know of, or admit to, any deceit on my part
        > but can point out plenty in the federal system from
        > the top down, however, that is not my calling from God.
        > We do need the John the Baptist types to tell Herod he
        > was in sin, but my part of the war is in a different
        > arena. God will defend me. It may be revealing to your
        > readers to Google the US Attorney who helped prosecute
        > me and seized the Church Ministry bank account. John
        > David Roy Atchison from Sept. 20- Oct. 5, 2007.
        >
        > 10.
        >
        > I DO confess to believing in a supernatural creation
        > by God as described in Genesis. More specifically, my
        > study has led me to be 100% convinced that the
        > specific Genesis account (and all other 1188 chapters)
        > in the King James Bible is the correct preserved Word
        > of God.
        >
        > 11.
        >
        > A significant difference comes up between the various
        > versions by the 7th word! Is it heaven or heavens?
        > Many say they are defending Genesis yet cannot show you
        > which Genesis they are defending! Things that are different
        > are NOT the same!
        >
        > 12.
        >
        > Since the creation of the water "above the firmament" did
        > not happen until day two and the stars etc on day three
        > it would be INCORRECT to use the plural "heavens" in verse
        > 1. NOW there are three heavens (II Cor 12) but in Gen. 1:1
        > there was only one. ONLY the King James Bible and the Jewish
        > Torah have it correct with the singular "heaven" in verse
        > one from what I have found in my 44 year study. I wish all
        > creationists saw the slippery slope they are on by using
        > other versions. Where EXACTLY are God's PRECISE Words?
        > What EXACTLY are we defending? Please DON'T say it is in
        > the non-existent "originals" that NOBODY has seen in about
        > 2,000 years! That is a battle that I DO feel called to fight!
        >
        > Thank you again for the honor of being invited into the

        As it stands now, after numerous revisions, the Hovind tribute page includes NO references to or apologies for Hovind's criminal career and current incarceration.

        That's probably a good idea, politically, and consistent with the all the flack Nick has no doubt been getting since announcing Hovind's speeded up induction that was, allegedly, designed in part to spite my own criticism of the treatment by Hovind by the Hall of Fame.

        I'll mark that down as another victory for my ministry.

        As of Sunday, February 17, 2013
        Time: About 7:00 PM MT