New York Times "Room for Debate"!

    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 17, 2013
      http://www.facebook.com/RoomforDebate

      From: Robert Baty
      Date: Sunday, February 17, 2013
      Time: About 6:00 PM MT

      Kent Hovind (aka Dr. Dino), a career tax cheat, is currently serving a 10 year sentence in a federal penal institution. His wife was prosecuted along with him and he let her be sent to prison for a year for her part in going along with his schemes.

      Recently, Kent wrote as posted to his FaceBook page, in part:

      > "When Satan sees someone trying
      > to serve God he attacks. The
      > IRS began 'investigating' our
      > ministry in 1995. We are still
      > fighting and WILL win."

      Recently, the U.S. Tax Court rendered its decision in the case of Kent's wife and she's on the hook for several million dollars in personal income tax liabilities, including interest and penalties.

      A similar decision in Kent's related U.S. Tax Court case should be handed down soon.

      Kent likes to frame the issue as one of his evolutionary-inclined adversaries persecuting him for his young-earth creation-science hobby.

      Is that it?

      Or, has Kent Hovind been properly prosecuted, tried, convicted and sentenced as a result of his tax cheating career?

      One Forbes contributor has posted 3 columns on the Hovind cases in the last few months. It's a case the popular media would do well to give more attention to.

      Of special interest is the prospect that someone like Oprah might get Jo Hovind to give her personal testimony regarding her part in the anti-government, tax-evading scheming of her husband. It seems to me that Jo has been conspicuously silent in recent years regarding these important, public issues.

      ---------------------------------------
      ---------------------------------------
    • piasanaol
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 18, 2013
        It seems to me that Jo has been
        conspicuously silent in recent years regarding these important, public issues
        Pi:
        As is her right.  She owes the public no explanation for anything.

        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 18, 2013
          PIASAN@... wrote:

          >> It seems to me that Jo has been
          >> conspicuously silent in recent
          >> years regarding these important,
          >> public issues
          >
          > Pi:
          >
          > As is her right.
          > She owes the public no explanation
          > for anything.

          Similarly, the "public" has the right to make inquiry and seek Jo's direct testimony regarding the important public issues raised by her involvement in certain matters of public interest.