Re: [M & B] Ray, since you are still out there...

  • Ray Ausban
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 14, 2013
      I have never been convinced of any personal 'blood atonement' for killing some one as a type of restitution. The idea has floated around the LDS church, but most murders kill more than one person. Is their death suppose to off set the deaths of many they killed? And what about the other horrid deeds associated with murder, such as torture or rape before death? And is personal 'blood atonement' any good when you are executed regardless of your choice?

      The answer is "no" to all of these. Only Christ's atonement can offset murder. Of course, executing a clear case killer is fine with me. Such people don't deserve to live on this earth.

      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 21, 2013
        "rlbaty50" <rlbaty@...> wrote, in part:

        > For myself, I find there might be some analogy
        > made between the Arias case and the Winkler
        > case of a few years ago; though admittedly
        > there are also significant differences.

        HLN is just completing its presentation of analogies to Jodi Arias.

        One of the cases high-lighted is that of Mary Winkler who shot her husband while he slept. She was released shortly after her conviction for "time served".

        I guess you can say you heard it first here!

        I think Jodi Arias is going to fare a lot worse than Mary Winkler. The Winkler analogy only works so far.

        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 21, 2013
          Here's a link to one extended account of the Winkler story:

          http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/notorious_murders/family/mary_winkler/1.html

          --- In Maury_and_Baty@yahoogroups.com,