Ken Miller & Kent Hovind - Another Analogy!

    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 14, 2013
      Kent Hovind tries to claim he's like the Amish (Ken Miller) when it comes to tax matters. I don't think so, but I think there are some similarities between Kent Hovind and Ken Miller when it comes to their criminal behavior, invocation of God, and the support they continue to enjoy from a select constituency.

      Kent Hovind has had a criminal career involving tax evasion.
      Ken Miller has had a more limited career in kidnapping.

      Here's the latest regarding Ken's continuing support:

      http://www.millercase.org/

      (excerpts)

      > Ken Faring Well
      >
      > Published on Tuesday, February 12, 2013
      >
      > Ken has been doing well in his first two weeks
      > in prison.
      >
      > We hear that a guard quieted his enthusiastic
      > singing in the shower.
      >
      > The same guard later awarded him with some
      > extra telephone time.
      >
      > He's been receiving a lot of correspondence,
      > which is wonderful.
      >
      > Anyone wanting to visit should contact our
      > coordinating person here in Virginia.

      Ken is in jail as a result of his contempt of court problem and will probably remain there for several years, his sentencing on the kidnapping conviction coming up early next month.

    • bobbarker44@ymail.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 19, 2013
        Can you please tell me what all the 'Response to Opposition to Motions' that were filed are all about? It looks like there are several exhibits filed with them.

        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 19, 2013
          "bobbarker44@..." <hawgz@...> wrote:

          > Can you please tell me what all the
          > 'Response to Opposition to Motions'
          > that were filed are all about?
          >
          > It looks like there are several
          > exhibits filed with them.

          How about this:

          Kenneth Miller filed a motion(s) for acquittal or new trial.

          The Government replied "IN OPPOSITION TO DEFENDANT'S
          POST-TRIAL MOTIONS FOR ACQUITTAL OR NEW TRIAL".

          The exhibit attached to the "..opposition to...motions..." was simply a "certificate of service" regarding the notice required in such cases (i.e., Miller was provided with a copy of the document).

          Does that answer your questions? If not, give me more specifics and I'll try to check on them.

        • Snowballs
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 8, 2013
            I thought this was a debate discussion of Kenneth R Miller vs Kent hovind. The amish ken miller is not the same Kenneth R miller, who is roman catholic and a cell biologist ext... even if it was, what if the ex spouse were a child molester or something... and was awarded custody of the child... would that really change anything regarding the way that case turned out and The Amish guy's dicision to aid???

            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 8, 2013
              "Snowballs" <prollins4897073@...> wrote, in part:

              > What if the ex spouse were a child molester
              > or something... and was awarded custody of
              > the child...
              >
              > Would that really change anything regarding
              > the way that case turned out and The Amish
              > guy's decision to aid???

              NO!

              (Not really enough information to be too definite.)

              Snowballs,

              Do you have any case references that would help speculate about a different result in the Lisa Miller case?

              The way our system of justice and child custody works, from my perspective, it makes a big difference if you are talking about a child molester as opposed to an accused child molester and the difference between the legal and personal definition of "child molester".

              As I recall, Janet Jenkins was accused of child molestation.

              Janet got custody.

              Lisa decided to kidnap Janet's kid.
              Kenneth decided to help her.

              Lisa is a wanted, international fugitive.
              Kenneth is a convicted felon for his part in the plot.

              I think I read somewhere where recently that there are groups around who hold to the idea that it is OK to kidnap other peoples children if you don't like the environment in which they are being raised (i.e., independent of the law you think they are being "abused" or "molested").

              I'm not so sure that's a good idea.

            • Daniel Buck
              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 10, 2013
                Robert Baty wrote:

                I think I read somewhere where recently that there are groups around who hold to the idea that it is OK to kidnap other peoples children if you don't like the environment in which they are being raised (i.e., independent of the law you
                think they are being "abused" or "molested").

                I'm not so sure that's a good idea.

                Robert,
                You've exactly described the approach of the several states' Departments of Child Welfare. The case of

                Joshua and Sharyn Hakken comes to mind.

                Daniel Buck