Action Today in Kent Hovind's Tax Court Case!

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 13, 2013
      Bummer!

      It looks like Kent Hovind is going to be able to continue to stall the U.S. Tax Court.

      Since I advised Kent recently of his January 30, 2013 deadline, it seems he may have contacted his counsel of record and they have figured out a way to stall a little longer; the following docket entries having just now being posted:

      Date: 02/04/2013
      Action: MOTION by Jerold W. Barringer to withdraw as counsel.

      Date: 02/13/2013
      Action: ORDER time is extended to 3-6-13 file an objection,
      notice of no objection or response to resp's motion for entry
      of decision.

      Well, I guess if the Court wants to allow Hovind to play that game that's the way it will play out.

      TEXT OF ORDER:

      UNITED STATES TAX COURT
      WASHINGTON, DC 20217

      Kent Hovind,
      Petitioner,

      v. Docket No. 4245-10.

      COMMISSIONER OF INTERNAL REVENUE,
      Respondent.

      ORDER

      For cause, it is ORDERED that the Clerk of the
      Court shall attach a copy of respondent's Motion
      for Entry of Decision, filed December 26, 2012,
      to the copy of this Order served on petitioner.

      It is further ORDERED that the time within which
      petitioner shall file an Objection, Notice of No
      Objection, or other Response to respondent's motion
      for entry of decision is extended to March 6, 2013.

      (Signed) Michael B. Thornton
      Chief Judge

      Dated: Washington, D.C.
      February 13, 2013