Re: Kent Hovind's Prayer for IRS Special Agent Scott Schneider!

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 13, 2013
      Kent Hovind Jury Instructions
      As to Count 58 Mentioned in Original Post

      (excerpts)

      Title 18, United States Code, Section 7212(a), makes
      it a federal crime or offense for anyone to corruptly
      endeavor to obstruct or impede the due administration
      of internal revenue laws.

      The Defendant can be found guilty of that offense only
      if both of the following facts are proved beyond a
      reasonable doubt:

      First:

      That the Defendant knowingly endeavored
      to obstruct or impede the due administration
      of internal revenue laws, as charged; and

      Second:

      That the Defendant did so corruptly.

      To act "corruptly" means to act knowingly and
      dishonestly with the specific intent to secure
      and unlawful benefit for oneself or another.

      To "endeavor" to impede or obstruct means…
      However, it is not necessary for the Government
      to prove…, only that the Defendant corruptly
      endeavored to do so.

      Neither is it necessary for the Government to
      prove all of the alleged ways and means of
      committing the charged offense as stated in
      the indictment.

      It would be sufficient if the Government proves
      beyond a reasonable doubt, that the Defendant
      committed any one of those alleged ways and
      means with the corrupt intent to obstruct or
      impede the due administration of the internal
      revenue laws…

      "rlbaty50" wrote:

      One of the issues in the Hovind case (there's so many of them) is the one where
      Kent Hovind tries to make out that his alleged persecution included such
      allegedly absurd charges as praying on the radio for Special Agent Scott
      Schneider.

      What is with that?

      I don't know the whole story, but I think I found enough to illustrate further
      how it is that Kent Hovind simply can't be trusted to tell the truth about such
      things.

      I report, you decide!

      Following are three reports regarding that matter; two from Kent Hovind and one
      from what appears to be published report in the Pensacola News Journal
      newspaper.

      Those are followed by a quote I transcribed from the indictment.

      (1)

      http://www.2peter3.com/Court_Docs/365.pdf

      (excerpts)

      From: Kent Hovind
      Page 11

      When IRS-CID Special Agent Scott Schneider was
      questioned on the witness stand he added that
      he felt "threatened" when Defendant "prayed for
      him on the radio".

      The Grand Jury Indictment did not name Agent
      Scott Schneider as the one "threatened" nor did
      it say what the alleged "threat" was nor how a
      "prayer on the radio" became a threat.

      (2)

      http://www.facebook.com/2peter3

      From: Kent Hovind
      Date: February 7, 2013

      (excerpts)

      BD #12- The Attack- As always, when Satan
      sees someone trying to serve God he attacks.

      The IRS began "investigating" our ministry
      in 1995.

      They could find no law we broke so in 2006
      they came in and arrested my wife and I for
      some of the DUMBEST charges in the history
      of the world!

      I was charged with "threatening an agent"
      because I prayed for him on the radio!
      (I got 3 years for that!)

      (3)

      http://hovind.blogspot.com/

      (excerpts)

      Published - October, 31, 2006
      IRS agent testifies in Hovind trial
      Case could go to jury Thursday

      Nicole Lozare
      Pensacola News Journal

      Special IRS Agent Scott Schneider testified...

      Schneider, who was on the stand for nearly eight
      hours on Monday, testified that Kent Hovind was
      confrontational and uncooperative.

      On Hovind's radio show aired over the Internet,
      the evangelist prayed that something would stop
      the agents' investigation.

      "We took it seriously and were aware of our own
      personal safety," Schneider said.

      (Note: The 3 years Kent references was as to Count 58 which alleged that Kent
      Hovind "did endeavor to obstruct and impede the due administration of the
      internal revenue laws by acts which include...filing a petition for bankruptcy
      and falsely listing...filing a false and frivolous lawsuit against the
      IRS...filing a complaint...against an investigating IRS special agent and the
      Commissioner of the IRS...making threats of harm to those investigating him and
      those who may consider cooperating with their investigation...filing a false
      complaint against investigating IRS agents...filing a criminal complaint against
      investigating IRS special agents...destroying records...and paying his employees
      in cash...to avoid payroll tax...")